• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I think y'all are missing that Nintendo is also fine with MTX. Smash has Mii costumes that you can buy for less than $1 (with more definitely on the way), Dr. Mario World apparently has Candy Crush-tier monetization, the Animal Crossing mobile game has actual lootboxes, and the bits we've seen of Mario Kart Tour indicate it's a gacha, and an unforgiving one at that. At the end of the day, even if they care about integrity more than most, Nintendo is still a faceless corporation beholden to shareholders, as well as GF and TPC. All we can do is not buy from the mobile games (and preferably not download them in the first place) and hope that the anti-P2W law passes.

Pokemon Shuffle on 3DS had it too where you could pay to restore your stamina. It's always been around.

I wouldn't count the Mii Costumes as P2W though. That's more like DLC (which is different from gatcha mechanics because you're guaranteed to get what you see, and is therefore not gambling).

I think the whole bring back the national dex thing is dumb. It’s their game. They can do what they want. I like the idea of them cutting out Pokémon. It will be less work to not animate and update Pokémon that aren’t even available in the game.

I think y'all are missing that Nintendo is also fine with MTX. Smash has Mii costumes that you can buy for less than $1 (with more definitely on the way), Dr. Mario World apparently has Candy Crush-tier monetization, the Animal Crossing mobile game has actual lootboxes, and the bits we've seen of Mario Kart Tour indicate it's a gacha, and an unforgiving one at that. At the end of the day, even if they care about integrity more than most, Nintendo is still a faceless corporation beholden to shareholders, as well as GF and TPC. All we can do is not buy from the mobile games (and preferably not download them in the first place) and hope that the anti-P2W law passes.
i would make one comment here: Nintendo doing microtransactions is simply them responding to realities of the mobile market. they tried the whole "buy the game" approach with Mario Runner and it was panned, simply because the mobile market would rather just get the game for free and 'support' it through microtransactions.

Could you explain how it’s stupid? It had to happen at some point.
It's stupid because of their excuses for doing it, they said it's the models, but that's just not the reality. For Dynamax, the game can be programmed to scale the model, heck, the model scaling thing existed since X and Y, where defeated Pokemon would shrink down to an unseeable size. That and also because there are certain Pokemon who are likely to not be usable in a future game in a long time, so Game Freak deserves all the criticisms they get because of that decision.

It's stupid because of their excuses for doing it, they said it's the models, but that's just not the reality. For Dynamax, the game can be programmed to scale the model, heck, the model scaling thing existed since X and Y, where defeated Pokemon would shrink down to an unseeable size. That and also because there are certain Pokemon who are likely to not be usable in a future game in a long time, so Game Freak deserves all the criticisms they get because of that decision.
Ok, I do see your point. Here’s the question though are these criticisms coming from everyone, or just those who transfer their Pokémon forward?

Ok, I do see your point. Here’s the question though are these criticisms coming from everyone, or just those who transfer their Pokémon forward?
Those who transfer their Pokemon, but that's not the only area in which Game Freak needs to fix, they need to also stop removing good features like the PSS, although, Sw/Sh might actually have a better version of it if the version seen in the Treehouse is easily accessible. Just as long as they don't make it feel like a chore to do something with it, then I'm fine with the replacement.

I don't bother with transferring Pokemon, but I'm still bothered and criticize GF because of their excuses and poor mismanagement of PR. Among a plethora of other issues I've had with them for years now. This is just adding more salt to the wound.

And while yes it is technically their game, they're still making it to sell and turn a profit. And their decisions will affect people's purchases.

I think the whole bring back the national dex thing is dumb. It’s their game. They can do what they want. I like the idea of them cutting out Pokémon. It will be less work to not animate and update Pokémon that aren’t even available in the game.
“It’s their game” and “They can do what they want.” are pretty weak arguments. If they want to be successful, they’re going to do what the consumer wants. Not whatever they feel like.
Does it matter? Why should one group’s opinion matter more than the other?

Honestly, it was only a matter of time before they either decided to remove Pokémon from the games or to go with a full reboot and scrap every single Pokémon.

Do people really think that they could be able to balance the even growing number of Pokémon? That they’ll be able to keep a good quality when the number of Pokémon reaches 1.500? 2.000? 3.000?

It’s simply almost infeasible, and the more there is to program, and the longer time they would need to insert stuff into the games. Do you want them to reach a point of needing five-six years to release a new mainstream game? I mean, I know that some people wouldn’t mind much, but if they were to have the luxury of time, it would probably take that long to cram all that material. And, well, we know how many fans and the businessmen are impatient about that.

They don't even balance the Pokemon anymore, why else would they give two Mega Evolutions to Mewtwo and Charizard except for fanservice? They would just need to import the Pokemon and their moves. I don't even care about the move animations being inaccurate at times.

If programming was such a problem, why did they bother including all 812 Pokemon in LGPE, when only 153 were used? Surprise-it's because they can just copy+paste them in.

SuMo had 806 Pokemon and only used four people on the balance team, so... not that big a deal. And if they don't update old Pokemon, they can just balance the new Pokemon that they were already going to balance.

Expect this whole dexit bs to continue even longer. Especially after Game Freak straight up lied that they made all of the models in SWSH from scratch. Even if they did, why would they make all from scratch to look exactly the same as the previous models?

Expect this whole dexit bs to continue even longer. Especially after Game Freak straight up lied that they made all of the models in SWSH from scratch. Even if they did, why would they make all from scratch to look exactly the same as the previous models?
I believe that was a mistranslation; not a lie.

if they had to remake every model from scratch then it's likely that the 3DS engine was incompatible with the Switch engine. this isn't all that unusual for proprietary software. why make them the same as previous models? because they were already made, they knew how to make them, and they were satisfied with the models themselves? i would note that just because the models look the same doesn't mean they are actually physically the same.

also the dexit bs (love the word choice, it truly is just bs!) is pretty much over. it's an even smaller minority now.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom