• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

I get your point, but why are you saying this, when the discussion already ended, and it ended peacefully? ¯\(ツ)

Because it happened before and got a thread locked for two days I’m almost certain it will happen again. I’m trying to save you both aggro while also allowing threads to remain open without inconvenience to others.

I don’t mean anything bad by by it but when you post anything regarding certain topics he’s quick to jump in and more often than not it ends badly.

I find Dark and Ice to be a rather odd pairing for a version exclusive Gym, especially when compared to the confirmed Fighting/Ghost and the highly likely Fairy/Poison pairings.

The fact that they might bring Dark into the mix is already an anomaly in of itself. I wonder why everyone thinks Gen 8 is the gen they will introduce Dark Type Gyms.

The fact that they might bring Dark into the mix is already an anomaly in of itself. I wonder why everyone thinks Gen 8 is the gen they will introduce Dark Type Gyms.
Mostly because the ice gym has black coloring, and black is commonly associated with the Dark-type. Combine this with the general fan desire for a Dark-type Gym and you get this.

Last edited:
@Meta Boss @PkmnTrainerV you two end up like this a lot it seems you should just “ignore” one another. For the sake of not locking threads constantly...
Because it happened before and got a thread locked for two days I’m almost certain it will happen again. I’m trying to save you both aggro while also allowing threads to remain open without inconvenience to others.

I don’t mean anything bad by by it but when you post anything regarding certain topics he’s quick to jump in and more often than not it ends badly.

I do understand where you’re coming from, and as Metaboss said the discussion already ended up peacefully this time around.

And a kind reminder that I literally had around 3 posts in the last debacle and it literally took place while I was asleep and woke up to this thread closed.
It feels weird making 2-3 comments on an issue, it escalating when I was asleep and then being told I was a major part of it :)

Imo discussions like these are fine if one remains polite the entire time, and it’s ended anyway.

I do understand where you’re coming from, and as Metaboss said the discussion already ended up peacefully this time around.

And a kind reminder that I literally had around 3 posts in the last debacle and it literally took place while I was asleep and woke up to this thread closed.
It feels weird making 2-3 comments on an issue, it escalating when I was asleep and then being told I was a major part of it :)

Imo discussions like these are fine if one remains polite the entire time, and it’s ended anyway.

That’s fair I don’t mean anything bad by it to you or Meta but you have to know what happens when you start a back and forth like that. That applies to you both and anyone else including myself. Some times it’s better just to walk away,

There are many times I wish to correct people or point out something but I hold my tongue as it’s not worth the aggro.

Or if you want Ash to win every badge, then maybe he can have more than eight badges. Gary had ten badges when he signed up for the Kanto League.
I don't understand why the Anime writers wouldn't just let Ash do that back in the Unova days. It'd really help advertise all of the Gym Leaders of the generation if they did this for SwSh.

I don't understand why the Anime writers wouldn't just let Ash do that back in the Unova days. It'd really help advertise all of the Gym Leaders of the generation if they did this for SwSh.

100% in fact in my dream game there would be 16 badges per region. You only need 8 to get to the E4 but it would give hardcore fans something to brag about. Have them scale to your level also.

It's not weird because version-exclusive means that the same gym that is Fighting in one game is Ghost in another.

I am interested to see what the anime does with it, though. Will probably just wind up similar to how they handled Striaton Gym.
I would rather want to see them battle each other and then seperate two trainers with full teams on board.

100% in fact in my dream game there would be 16 badges per region. You only need 8 to get to the E4 but it would give hardcore fans something to brag about. Have them scale to your level also.

While I would absolutely love for this to happen, there are some bumps I foresee with this:
  1. Bloated cast (probably?) How will they all relate to the plot?
  2. Do we even have that many cities/towns to accommodate this plus transition towns
  3. Will this mean longer development times? Probably, and how long too?
  4. How will it impact other media (anime/manga/accompanying spin-off games i.a.)

While I would absolutely love for this to happen, there are some bumps I foresee with this:
  1. Bloated cast (probably?) How will they all relate to the plot?
They do not all need to relate to the plot some of these cities could have side quests or just be out of the way (as a result harder battles)

2. Do we even have that many cities/towns to accommodate this plus transition towns

They have as many towns as they need to make Switch can handle it I don’t believe if they can fit the Witcher 3 Plus DLC on a cart they can’t do this.

3. Will this mean longer development times? Probably, and how long too?

I hope so they games are not getting the love and care from the people at the top of GF/TPC.

1. How will it impact other media (anime/manga/accompanying spin-off games i.a.)
Again it would be option so I doubt it would have any impact did Blue/Gary not have 10 badges by the E4 all Kanto obviously.

There is no incentive to put extra work in for optional content most people won’t pay they can’t charge more for it.

I’d like to see the opposite version exclusive gym leaders be available as “unofficial” gym battles; either post-game, or in an area close to the version exclusive gym.

Sort of like the Fighting gym from G1 Kanto, but instead of a Hitmon, you’d get the TM you would have gotten from the opposite version battle.

What's this about blocked numbers?

I don’t think there’s been any official statement about blocked jersey numbers; just people hoping that certain 3 number strings aren’t banned due to “unsavory” connections.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom