• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Hello there and welcome! I hope you like it here. ^^

I could see James trying to let Jessie win. He’s always been the sort of guy who would give up his own happiness for hers so I could see him attempting to do that with Mareanie convincing him to give it all he has.

Forgive me, there’s an important question I forgot to ask all our new faces; What are some of your favorite Rocketshippy moments and what draws you to the ship?

Sorry I'm late to reply, but it's so wonderful to see three new faces! Welcome and I look forward to talking Rocketshipping with you all :D Hopefully we'll soon have something happy to talk about.
Will they use a Love-Type Z-Move like Olivia and Brock did? Black Hole Eclipse Love-Clipse!
Hi Parissong, what a cute idea! I think it might be too revealing of endgame intentions, sadly, but isn't it amazing that they did a joint Z-move before Takeshi and Lychee made it about romantic love? Plus they are sharing one Z-ring, which surely says the most about them sharing one heart <3
For years i've been following this and other threads at forums... It wasn't until now that I gave into the temptation to join. Haha

The reason? Musashi vs Kojiro's episode airs on my birthday So I HAD to be able to chat with fellow rocketshippers about it.

By the way, nice to meet you all!
Welcome :giggle: (Do you have a preferred shortening of your username or would you like all the underscores intact?) You are such a lucky birthday girl! I am sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!! Apart from watching the episode (of course) do you have any other plans to celebrate?
The only outcome I fear is Bewear preventing them to finish their match.
People were speculating that Mao/Suiren might end in a draw so there'd still be an even number when Kiteruguma stole the TRio back but as that didn't come to pass, I'm now 100% confident that she won't do that. Plus, why would Nyasu have mentioned a that there was a Plan B to keep her home if they aren't going to show us what that is!
I’m not really worried about Bewear but I agree, learning that Gladio vs Lillie will be happening in the episode as well really put a damper on my excitement for this episode. I hate how they titled it “Musashi vs Kojiro” but now all of a sudden the promotion is acting like Lillie vs Gladion is all that matters.
However, after seeing how SM 130 (which, silly me, had four battles as well) handled it’s titular battle along with another important battle (Ilima vs Guzma), I’m feeling more optimistic. I just hope they don’t write Musashi antagonistic... 0_0
I agree with you Nat - SM130 did it well, and I believe that this episode can do the same. (I've put forward a potential breakdown here. Even if their match itself gets only 6-7 minutes screen time, it should be dense enough to pack a punch. Ilima and Guzma's battle was excellent and that was only 5 minutes. Plus, I expect them to get the cold opening +/- the post-credits scenes. Lillie's main character and Gladio's main rival statuses aside, there's no getting away from the fact that the episode title is 'Musashi vs Kojiro'.)

I was really worried a few days ago about the potential for Musashi to be written antagonistically too, but there are many reasons to be optimistic that that won't happened.
  1. It hasn't happened for 10 years.
  2. Matsui doesn't write Musashi like that.
  3. Apart from her looking a little crazy in that one cap from the scan, the preview itself shows no evidence of her being a bitch. She looks serious, proud and perplexed but never like she is purposely tormenting Kojiro.
  4. You don't call the episode 'Musashi vs Kojiro! Battlefield of Love and Truth' and then make them have a genuine falling out.
Hi all! I've been a Rocketshipper since the beginning of the series but just recently started watching SM and I have also decided to join this forum just to discuss the upcoming episode :LOL: I'm wondering that if it comes down to it if Kojiro will let Musashi win the battle (either to be nice or because he's afraid for his health lol)
Hey there Rocketfan19!!

I wonder if that is Kojiro's original intention and why he looks so zoned out in the magazine picture. (Hopefully NOT because he's afraid of her, the TPCI dub aside, the anime is well shot of that tired old trope!) It definitely looks like he won't go through with it though, based on his interaction with Hidoide in the preview.
He’s always been the sort of guy who would give up his own happiness for hers
Forgive me but :love::love::love:

I could see James trying to let Jessie win. He’s always been the sort of guy who would give up his own happiness for hers so I could see him attempting to do that with Mareanie convincing him to give it all he has.

Forgive me, there’s an important question I forgot to ask all our new faces; What are some of your favorite Rocketshippy moments and what draws you to the ship?
A couple of my favorite moments are when James makes a promise to never let Jessie down in Training Daze and when he says "I hope you find happiness" while crying when he overhears her saying she is going to quit TR to be with the doctor. That proves he really cares for her! Also what I like about the ship is that the two never intended to fall in love but I think they did and either don't realize it or dont want to admit it because their main focus is steal pokemon / become rich and powerful but hopefully the truth will come out in the end :giggle:

Sorry I'm late to reply, but it's so wonderful to see three new faces! Welcome and I look forward to talking Rocketshipping with you all :D Hopefully we'll soon have something happy to talk about.

Hi Parissong, what a cute idea! I think it might be too revealing of endgame intentions, sadly, but isn't it amazing that they did a joint Z-move before Takeshi and Lychee made it about romantic love? Plus they are sharing one Z-ring, which surely says the most about them sharing one heart <3

Welcome :giggle: (Do you have a preferred shortening of your username or would you like all the underscores intact?) You are such a lucky birthday girl! I am sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!! Apart from watching the episode (of course) do you have any other plans to celebrate?

People were speculating that Mao/Suiren might end in a draw so there'd still be an even number when Kiteruguma stole the TRio back but as that didn't come to pass, I'm now 100% confident that she won't do that. Plus, why would Nyasu have mentioned a that there was a Plan B to keep her home if they aren't going to show us what that is!

I agree with you Nat - SM130 did it well, and I believe that this episode can do the same. (I've put forward a potential breakdown here. Even if their match itself gets only 6-7 minutes screen time, it should be dense enough to pack a punch. Ilima and Guzma's battle was excellent and that was only 5 minutes. Plus, I expect them to get the cold opening +/- the post-credits scenes. Lillie's main character and Gladio's main rival statuses aside, there's no getting away from the fact that the episode title is 'Musashi vs Kojiro'.)

I was really worried a few days ago about the potential for Musashi to be written antagonistically too, but there are many reasons to be optimistic that that won't happened.
  3. Apart from her looking a little crazy in that one cap from the scan, the preview itself shows no evidence of her being a bitch. She looks serious, proud and perplexed but never like she is purposely tormenting Kojiro.
  4. You don't call the episode 'Musashi vs Kojiro! Battlefield of Love and Truth' and then make them have a genuine falling out.
Hey there Rocketfan19!!

I wonder if that is Kojiro's original intention and why he looks so zoned out in the magazine picture. (Hopefully NOT because he's afraid of her, the TPCI dub aside, the anime is well shot of that tired old trope!) It definitely looks like he won't go through with it though, based on his interaction with Hidoide in the preview.

Forgive me but :love::love::love:
Based of the preview it looked to me like Hidoide was evolving during the battle because of the look on Kojiro's face but thats just my guess :) and I agree he always puts Musashi's happiness before his own!

A couple of my favorite moments are when James makes a promise to never let Jessie down in Training Daze and when he says "I hope you find happiness" while crying when he overhears her saying she is going to quit TR to be with the doctor. That proves he really cares for her! Also what I like about the ship is that the two never intended to fall in love but I think they did and either don't realize it or dont want to admit it because their main focus is steal pokemon / become rich and powerful but hopefully the truth will come out in the end :giggle:
I forgot to add the moment where they thought they were about to be killed by Metagross and James says "well at least I had you two" and Jessie says if there is an afterlife that he should find her :love:

Hello everyone! I have been following this thread for God knows how long, but with the new episode coming, my love for the ship has been reignited, and I've finally decided that I've wanted to share my input :^)

Golly, there's so many moments that I love, but if I had to pick... Training Daze was once of my favorites growing up. I loved how it set the foundation for their never ending devotion for each other that can still be seen today!! They truly have become the best team ever, but probably not in the way they originally planned. What I love about Rocketshipping is that underneath their so-called "evilness" and occasional bickering, the two of them obviously care deeply for one another. Umm... I can't think of an example for Jessie right off the top of my head, but this can be seen a lot with James, where's he's constantly supporting her endeavors and sometimes sacrificing his own happiness for hers :'( I also love that they have grown to become each other's family after losing/running away from their own, and that they obliviously act like a married couple haha

Well, I've been a TR fan since I was a little kid watching Original Series airing in Latin American Cartoon Network (circa. 1999-2000). I thought they were funnier than the main cast and enjoyed their shenanigans as well as their dynamics as a Team. Their sad backstories made me root even more for them and all I wanted was that they could finally succeed and become a family. Haha

Holy Matrimony was (and still is) the episode that made it for me.

Ps. As I said what draws me towards them Is their familiar dynamic as a group. I do think that since their Kanto and Johto days, their Alola portrayal has been the best. I'm attaching this sketch I made a couple months ago Cute Rockets and Momma Bewear.
IMG_20181002_124744_892.jpg

Also what I like about the ship is that the two never intended to fall in love but I think they did and either don't realize it or dont want to admit it because their main focus is steal pokemon / become rich and powerful but hopefully the truth will come out in the end :giggle:
It most definitely will!

I've thought many different things at many times, but currently I believe that Musashi hasn't fallen in love with Kojiro yet, but he certainly has! After his cryptic interaction with Serena in XY 63 I'm pretty sure he even knows it but can't bring himself to admit it, probably because he's scared she wouldn't reciprocate/it would wreck their friendship.
Hello everyone! I have been following this thread for God knows how long, but with the new episode coming, my love for the ship has been reignited, and I've finally decided that I've wanted to share my input :^)
Omg, welcome welcome! :bulbaWave:
Golly, there's so many moments that I love, but if I had to pick... Training Daze was once of my favorites growing up. I loved how it set the foundation for their never ending devotion for each other that can still be seen today!!
I was thinking about this episode again the other day. There's just so much tension in that scene where they 'meet for the first time' in the Hoso episode that it seems obvious to me that they've met before. Kojiro starts talking about not running away from that scene itself. Long back I remember discussing whether that was a reference to him breaking off from Musashi from the bike gang/whatever. Extreme take maybe, but could they have actually been in a relationship when they were younger? It would explain why they have to have such a major reset that it's like they're meeting for the first time.
They truly have become the best team ever, but probably not in the way they originally planned. What I love about Rocketshipping is that underneath their so-called "evilness" and occasional bickering, the two of them obviously care deeply for one another. Umm... I can't think of an example for Jessie right off the top of my head...
Here you go! :bulbaLove:
Ps. As I said what draws me towards them Is their familiar dynamic as a group. I do think that since their Kanto and Johto days, their Alola portrayal has been the best. I'm attaching this sketch I made a couple months ago Cute Rockets and Momma Bewear.
Omg that is a beautiful piece of art, I love it thank you so much for sharing! Sonansu snuggling under her arm is super cute and the best part is that everyone, even Mimikyu, is wearing Kiteruguma hats!

I'm absolutely with you that their dynamic is this best now that it has been since OS. Matsui who is in charge now seems to really get their familial bond and is taking a leaf from Shudo's book (the original head writer). I wish she'd give Nyasu a little more to do, but IMO she has Musashi & Kojiro and the family dynamics down to a tee.

Last edited:
It most definitely will!

I've thought many different things at many times, but currently I believe that Musashi hasn't fallen in love with Kojiro yet, but he certainly has! After his cryptic interaction with Serena in XY 63 I'm pretty sure he even knows it but can't bring himself to admit it, probably because he's scared she wouldn't reciprocate/it would wreck their friendship.

Omg, welcome welcome! :bulbaWave:

I was thinking about this episode again the other day. There's just so much tension in that scene where they 'meet for the first time' in the Hoso episode that it seems obvious to me that they've met before. Kojiro starts talking about not running away from that scene itself. Long back I remember discussing whether that was a reference to him breaking off from Musashi from the bike gang/whatever. Extreme take maybe, but could they have actually been in a relationship when they were younger? It would explain why they have to have such a major reset that it's like they're meeting for the first time.

Here you go!:bulbaLove:

Omg that is a beautiful piece of art, I love it thank you so much for sharing! Sonansu snuggling under her arm is super cute and the best part is that everyone, even Mimikyu, is wearing Kiteruguma hats!

I'm absolutely with you that their dynamic is this best now that it has been since OS. Matsui who is in charge now seems to really get their familial bond and is taking a leaf from Shudo's book (the original head writer). I wish she'd give Nyasu a little more to do, but IMO she has Musashi & Kojiro and the family dynamics down to a tee.
I agree with Musashi not being in love with Kojiro 'yet' since she fantasizes / talks about finding "true love" but someday she will realize it has been right in front of her all this time ;)

Long back I remember discussing whether that was a reference to him breaking off from Musashi from the bike gang/whatever. Extreme take maybe, but could they have actually been in a relationship when they were younger? It would explain why they have to have such a major reset that it's like they're meeting for the first time.

ooh, I've always been trying to piece those two events together. I've pretty much just accepted that the writer's kinda forgot about the bridge bike gang, and decided that they would reset their backstories with Training Daze lol. That's such a great theory though! If they did have a prior relationship, I actually wouldn't be surprised. They're already so close <3

omg totally forgot about that, and it's only been a bit more than a year D: honestly I'll take whatever crumbs the writers will drop us from time to time. Nevertheless, I'm extremely appreciative of them. It shows that they're listening, and hopefully could be foreshadowing for the future???

For sure, the whole sharing one Z-Ring can be interpreted as the sharing of one love between Jessie and James, but you can also interpret it as the whole team Rocket sharing one strong bond through the Z-Ring. A literal representation as "All for one and one for all." Nice analysis!

I agree with Musashi not being in love with Kojiro 'yet' since she fantasizes / talks about finding "true love" but someday she will realize it has been right in front of her all this time ;)
Hopefully in a dramatic and highly emotional moment we get to see onscreen! Actually, I’m not sure if I’d prefer that or a gradual realisation dawning with lots of little buildup. Maybe we could have both? ;)
If they did have a prior relationship, I actually wouldn't be surprised. They're already so close <3
Exactly! I think I’m probably reaching to say that it may have been a romantic one, but I feel certain that they do know each other of old. They didn’t seem to need to find out much about one another during that episode did they? Besides which, I’m sure Takegami hadn’t forgotten the seminary or bike gang as he referenced both events during Guardie and Kojiro/Holy Matrimony! He may just have been tasked with creating a new backstory by the bosses. Hell, Kojiro may have joined the Rocket Dan because he knew Musashi was there!
For sure, the whole sharing one Z-Ring can be interpreted as the sharing of one love between Jessie and James, but you can also interpret it as the whole team Rocket sharing one strong bond through the Z-Ring. A literal representation as "All for one and one for all." Nice analysis!
Yeah you’re absolutely right of course, it is definitely a Team thing first and foremost, as it should be! It just makes me feel all mushy because only Musashi and Kojiro can actually wear the ring.

So with the new episode coming up, one thing I'm worried about is if the "truth and love" referenced in the title relates to only the relationship between James and Mareanie :/ From the preview it looks like their relationship will be highlighted in the battle. My bet is that James will win, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) Jessie calmly accepts the win, and the two share a tension filled moment where she hands him the z-ring and agrees to cheer him on from the stands... aaand maybe Mareanie could recognize a connection between the two and jealously attacks Jessie?? :wynaut::wynaut:

Hiya! Today I've been searching info about next episode and I came across this lovely interview with Inuko Inuyama, Megumi Hayashibara and Shinichiro Miki.

It's so cute <3 A summary of why se love them so much. They even do talk about their backstory and why they wear White uniforms instead of black ones.
It's amazing to think that this people have been friends working together for More than two decades!

So with the new episode coming up, one thing I'm worried about is if the "truth and love" referenced in the title relates to only the relationship between James and Mareanie :/ From the preview it looks like their relationship will be highlighted in the battle.
I know why you you fear this (me too, a lil bit) but I honestly think the Hidoide/Kojiro ‘romance’ angle is a red herring. The PokeAni creatives do have some weird ideas but come on - beyond a point they cannot promote a human/Pokemon ship. I believe all the promotional material so far is obfuscating from the actual emotional focus.

Listen to this quote from Hayashibara on why Nyasu’s selling doughnuts instead of sitting in the stands from another interview:
For sure, Nyasu’s scared to watch these two people used to battling together fight against other.
We haven’t even SEEN Nyasu yet so I’m super interested to find out his role and reaction tomorrow! I feel that it will be very telling.

... aaand maybe Mareanie could recognize a connection between the two and jealously attacks Jessie?? :wynaut::wynaut:
Hidoide recognising that she will never be with Kojiro because of his relationship with Musashi is, like, the shippiest thing that could happen tomorrow! I don’t want it to ruin her relationship with Musashi though, I don’t wanna see any girl vs girl jealous sniping in our team!

Hiya! Today I've been searching info about next episode and I came across this lovely interview with Inuko Inuyama, Megumi Hayashibara and Shinichiro Miki.

It's so cute <3 A summary of why se love them so much. They even do talk about their backstory and why they wear White uniforms instead of black ones.
It's amazing to think that this people have been friends working together for More than two decades!

Thank you for sharing this, I hope one day Dogasu (or anyone who knows more written Japanese than Google Translate lol) will provide us with a bona fide translation!

Did you catch this bit?
In "Musashi vs Kojiro! Love and Truth Battlefield !!" aired on July 21 in the TV anime "Pokemon Sun & Moon", Musashi and Kojiro will battle for the first time in the 22nd year of the broadcast .

Hayashibara thought, "Why do you fight against Kojiro?" When I read the script. Kojiro in hope of good-looking musashi and well-being. The relationship between them who fought together is likely to change once more.
:love:

Hey sorry for the late reply. I got tied up in something on my end.

You did a really great job with that breakdown. I think something like that is what’s going to happen, maybe a cutaway from Sophocles vs Mina and/or Kiawe vs Acerola but mostly like that.

I hope you’re right and those are all good points. I’m expecting her to be serious and proud, maybe a little haughty here and then at the end, disappointed but not angry about her loss and accepting it like she did at the end of her Performance arc. It’s just that once people began pointing out she has the Z-Ring on here, I got really fearful for her portrayal in the first half of their part of the episode. I just hope it’s setup for some sort of gag where Kojiro goes to use a Z-Move when he remembers Musashi has it as she always does. Musashi, in a spurt of “this is how we always use the Z-Ring with each other), throws it instinctively to Kojiro before she remembers that she’s his opponent.

I forgot to add the moment where they thought they were about to be killed by Metagross and James says "well at least I had you two" and Jessie says if there is an afterlife that he should find her :love:
I love those moments too, especially the Metagross scene! That’s how I always viewed the ship but I agree, one day they will realize they never wanted riches and power, just being by each other’s side happy and free.

Well, I've been a TR fan since I was a little kid watching Original Series airing in Latin American Cartoon Network (circa. 1999-2000). I thought they were funnier than the main cast and enjoyed their shenanigans as well as their dynamics as a Team. Their sad backstories made me root even more for them and all I wanted was that they could finally succeed and become a family. Haha

Holy Matrimony was (and still is) the episode that made it for me.

Ps. As I said what draws me towards them Is their familiar dynamic as a group. I do think that since their Kanto and Johto days, their Alola portrayal has been the best. I'm attaching this sketch I made a couple months ago Cute Rockets and Momma Bewear.View attachment 121119
Wow, that’s a long time to be a fan! Those are all big reasons why I fell in love with the Rockets! I loved how close they all were with each other and how charming they were as characters. And I still wish for them to earn their happy ending and live together as the inseparable family they’ve become.

Aohwwww, that’s such a cute sketch! You drew them so well! Thank you for sharing! :bulbaLove: I agree, I’ve always joined their family dynamic and I agree Alola has been such a good series in that regard.

Golly, there's so many moments that I love, but if I had to pick... Training Daze was once of my favorites growing up. I loved how it set the foundation for their never ending devotion for each other that can still be seen today!! They truly have become the best team ever, but probably not in the way they originally planned. What I love about Rocketshipping is that underneath their so-called "evilness" and occasional bickering, the two of them obviously care deeply for one another. Umm... I can't think of an example for Jessie right off the top of my head, but this can be seen a lot with James, where's he's constantly supporting her endeavors and sometimes sacrificing his own happiness for hers :'( I also love that they have grown to become each other's family after losing/running away from their own, and that they obliviously act like a married couple haha
Hello and welcome! We really hope you’ll enjoy it here. :D

Training Daze has always been a favorite of mine too for seeing how three characters of differing personalities but similar conflicts of finding a place where they’d belong ultimately come together, save each other, and become a family. The fact that they are supposed to be antagonists but they have this bond that often surpasses Satoshi and his various traveling companions makes this relationship all the more special.

Alongside the example ii kanji gave with the recent (and excellent) SM 58, there’s also the scene where Musashi refused to leave Kojiro behind on the St. Anne, her refusing to let him fall in Training Daze, and her sacrificing everything to try to save Kojiro from the Metagross. (I have this big grin on my face just thinking about all those moments! :giggle:) I agree though, it’s usually Kojiro who often displays how much he cares about her. Whenever Musashi does though, it always feels so big!

There's just so much tension in that scene where they 'meet for the first time' in the Hoso episode that it seems obvious to me that they've met before. Kojiro starts talking about not running away from that scene itself. Long back I remember discussing whether that was a reference to him breaking off from Musashi from the bike gang/whatever. Extreme take maybe, but could they have actually been in a relationship when they were younger? It would explain why they have to have such a major reset that it's like they're meeting for the first time.
ooh, I've always been trying to piece those two events together. I've pretty much just accepted that the writer's kinda forgot about the bridge bike gang, and decided that they would reset their backstories with Training Daze lol. That's such a great theory though! If they did have a prior relationship, I actually wouldn't be surprised. They're already so close <3
Exactly! I think I’m probably reaching to say that it may have been a romantic one, but I feel certain that they do know each other of old. They didn’t seem to need to find out much about one another during that episode did they? Besides which, I’m sure Takegami hadn’t forgotten the seminary or bike gang as he referenced both events during Guardie and Kojiro/Holy Matrimony! He may just have been tasked with creating a new backstory by the bosses. Hell, Kojiro may have joined the Rocket Dan because he knew Musashi was there!
I’m so glad that you think they still met in the Bike Gang, ii kanji! I’ve been thinking a lot about the Hosu as well, specifically the campfire scene where Musashi and Kojiro reveal themselves to each other, and the more I watch, read, write, and think about it, it feels more and more obvious to me that this wasn’t the first time they’ve met. There’s a ginormous amount that they’re suddenly trusting each other with and when you consider how guarded they are, especially Musashi, it feels like not only desperation to make their last chance at making a life for themselves work but this isn’t the first time they’ve met each other. From the evening they meet all the way to that campfire scene, you can feel there’s something strong in the air between them that comes off as if they’ve known one another before.

Omg what an amazing find! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! :bulbaLove:

I know why you you fear this (me too, a lil bit) but I honestly think the Hidoide/Kojiro ‘romance’ angle is a red herring. The PokeAni creatives do have some weird ideas but come on - beyond a point they cannot promote a human/Pokemon ship. I believe all the promotional material so far is obfuscating from the actual emotional focus.

Listen to this quote from Hayashibara on why Nyasu’s selling doughnuts instead of sitting in the stands from another interview:

We haven’t even SEEN Nyasu yet so I’m super interested to find out his role and reaction tomorrow! I feel that it will be very telling.

Hidoide recognising that she will never be with Kojiro because of his relationship with Musashi is, like, the shippiest thing that could happen tomorrow! I don’t want it to ruin her relationship with Musashi though, I don’t wanna see any girl vs girl jealous sniping in our team!

Thank you for sharing this, I hope one day Dogasu (or anyone who knows more written Japanese than Google Translate lol) will provide us with a bona fide translation!

Did you catch this bit?
In "Musashi vs Kojiro! Love and Truth Battlefield !!" aired on July 21 in the TV anime "Pokemon Sun & Moon", Musashi and Kojiro will battle for the first time in the 22nd year of the broadcast .

Hayashibara thought, "Why do you fight against Kojiro?" When I read the script. Kojiro in hope of good-looking musashi and well-being. The relationship between them who fought together is likely to change once more.
:love:
I agree, while I could see Kojiro and Hidoide’s relationship being given quite a bit of focus in this ep, I don’t think it will go to romantic levels because, as ii kanji said, I don’t think the writers will promote human x Pokémon romances, (especially a Pokémon where a human romance with it would be especially inappropriate for a kids anime. No offense, Hidoide). And as nice as a confirmation that would be if Musashi and Kojiro’s relationship, I really wouldn’t want Hidoide to become aggressive towards Musashi. I like their friendship too much!

Oh yes!! They’re addressing this! I haven’t thought too much of not seeing anything of Nyasu in the promotional material for this ep but looking back on it... It will be great seeing how Nyasu reacts to this news! The other things I’m really interested in is Megumi’s comment about Musashi wanting to win no matter what and Miki saying Kojiro just wants peace within their group. One of my predictions for this ep was:
I think it’ll be something like Musashi doesn’t see a problem with them battling while Kojiro fears the possibility of it causing a rift in the group but once the battle’s over, they talk or something happens and Kojiro is reminded that their bond is unbreakable even if one of them now has to continue on in the league without the other.
I don’t want to get my hopes up but from what the seiyuus seem to be implying...

I lost that dare, I squeed! :love:

Last edited:
I was scrolling down Twitter and I came across this post from Masaaki Iwane (who Is also animation director for tomorrow's episode). So far almost all promocional material highlights the relation between the Rockets and their pokémon. I said it before and I'll say it again: I hope they're hiding something else TwT.

Here's the tweet and the picture he attached to it. Gaaah, Kojiro Is so cute <3

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190720-212258.jpg
    Screenshot_20190720-212258.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 55
  • D_9lbtzU4AAcexE.jpeg
    D_9lbtzU4AAcexE.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 54
Inhales

I don't want to spoil anyone, so I'll just wait a couple hours to write my impressions on today's episode.

...I was supposedly working on a project...but I saw the time and thought "if I can find a working stream, I'll watch this live" and I did...but sadly it failed and I missed half of MusaKoji battle, the VERY thing I was expecting to see >_<"

It's too early to be noisy, so I had to throw my tantrum silently. Haha. I guess it was my fault for not being able to wait just a couple hours.
I eventually got to see the full episode on YouTube, so no harm done.

Inhales

I don't want to spoil anyone, so I'll just wait a couple hours to write my impressions on today's episode.

...I was supposedly working on a project...but I saw the time and thought "if I can find a working stream, I'll watch this live" and I did...but sadly it failed and I missed half of MusaKoji battle, the VERY thing I was expecting to see >_<"

It's too early to be noisy, so I had to throw my tantrum silently. Haha. I guess it was my fault for not being able to wait just a couple hours.
I eventually got to see the full episode on YouTube, so no harm done.
I watched it on Youtube as well and now I'm impatiently waiting for the English subbed version:LOL:

You know what? At least she's excited to see Kojiro battling next episode. Maybe the character development they cruelly teased comes later. No harm in hoping, except to one's mental health and sense of wellbeing when all your dreams die of course :p

In all seriousness, I'm acutely disappointed, but trying to remind myself that there have been far worse episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom