• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

Can't find the string in our list of censored words that would get Latias banned. But I don't see how this has anything to do with Galar's gyms either.

We need a dark-type gym. One run by a vampire-like female seemingly about the player's age would be fun, and the gym's puzzle could revolve around filling up a vial of "Blood" by sneaking up on trainers, who can only be battled if the player catches them unaware.

I can’t find it, but there was a list of Pokémon somewhere that were all banned from the GTS at some point for having banned words in their actual names and Latias was on it. I think it might contain a swear in another language, but idk.
I kinda remember a list like that too, I remember Froslass was in it, can't recall Latias unless she was banned in another language.

On another note, I was kinda hoping at least four towns would have exclusive gyms, then the counterparts could be the Elite Four for the other verison. Wouldn't want the characters to go to waste unless you could face them in post.

As for numbers, I'll pick 288 for obvious reasons.

We need a dark-type gym. One run by a vampire-like female seemingly about the player's age would be fun, and the gym's puzzle could revolve around filling up a vial of "Blood" by sneaking up on trainers, who can only be battled if the player catches them unaware.

Love the idea! It'd be really cool and give some kind of Halloween-ish theme to all of it. Although I imagine it'd be tomato juice instead of blood in the game due to implications, hehe.

View: https://youtu.be/uzPexjVHF5I

There are certain parts of the japanese trailer I'm not sure have been discussed here. If you notice the gym where you are introduced to Oleanna and Rose seems to be the steampunk city (the first big city). You can see similar brick patterns above the gym walls.

Also at 1.03, The stadium where Leon appears is definitely the one in the final city. All other stadiums have the simple design but this one has what appears to be pink coloured petal shapes. The same as the one in that city. It makes me wonder if this is where the champion battle will occur.

View: https://youtu.be/uzPexjVHF5I

There are certain parts of the japanese trailer I'm not sure have been discussed here. If you notice the gym where you are introduced to Oleanna and Rose seems to be the steampunk city (the first big city). You can see similar brick patterns above the gym walls.

Also at 1.03, The stadium where Leon appears is definitely the one in the final city. All other stadiums have the simple design but this one has what appears to be pink coloured petal shapes. The same as the one in that city. It makes me wonder if this is where the champion battle will occur.

Can I just appreciate how smooth everything feels? From the transition animations to the overlay?

So my guess still stands that the champion batte against Leon will take place in the Rose shaped stadium. Which makes sense since Rose endorses Leon, so of course this would be his stage. So if the Rose Stadium is the league, I take a guess the tower building is the battle facility?

So my guess still stands that the champion batte against Leon will take place in the Rose shaped stadium. Which makes sense since Rose endorses Leon, so of course this would be his stage. So if the Rose Stadium is the league, I take a guess the tower building is the battle facility?
I think the tower is the 8th Gym because I don't know where else it could be.

I think the 8th gym is, that brown building in front of the fountain in the northernmost city. It's got some kind of symbol above the door.

Ghost gym with Banette anyone? This ghost was rarely use in comparance to Gengar. If it would only learn Instruct.
Its Cursed Body and Disable move are nice. Learns quite nice moves and would fit with Mimykyu in that gym

Ghost gym with Banette anyone? This ghost was rarely use in comparance to Gengar. If it would only learn Instruct.
Its Cursed Body and Disable move are nice. Learns quite nice moves and would fit with Mimykyu in that gym
Well i think Shuppet is in the game so it has a chance. Though I wonder if Mimikyu is Allister's ace, or potentially a new ghost pokmon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom