• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your assumption is they get called name when you have no proof. Again if you don’t like the cold maybe don’t move to a cold country. Look at all the rapes etc and attacks by immigrants it got so bad in Scandinavia that they stoped taking note of the ethnicity. I guess it’s just them adjusting though...

No other countries are as welcoming as the West and we have our faces spat in constantly. I’m not right wing but I am sick of this narrative that we are all racist.
Where did you hear that? I LIVE in Scandinavia and can tell you for sure that that isn’t true at all. In fact, the BIGGEST massmurder in Norway was done by a white alt-right Norwegian who wanted immigrants out of the country.

I live in a county so small, I hear of every murder, rape etc, and the majority of those are not immigrants, so don’t blame them.

So if we go by how most of the world works there not technically American. Say if you use the Japanese standard. So they have the right to stay but if they prefer some other culture they are free to go live there nothing racist about it.

They absolutely are American. It's racist to imply otherwise, like Trump does.

Eh, compared to what I’ve seen on other places, it’s not bad.

I get people disagree with me that’s cool I think we’ve all been remarkably civil. Although I disagree I respect the views expressed and it’s interesting to try and understand.

So if we go by how most of the world works there not technically American. Say if you use the Japanese standard. So they have the right to stay but if they prefer some other culture they are free to go live there nothing racist about it.

Again, that’s not how it works here. AOC, Tlaib and Pressley were all born in the US; Omar was naturalized. Under US law, they’re all every bit as American as I am.

Where did you hear that? I LIVE in Scandinavia and can tell you for sure that that isn’t true at all. In fact, the BIGGEST massmurder in Norway was done by a white alt-right Norwegian who wanted immigrants out of the country.

I live in a county so small, I hear of every murder, rape etc, and the majority of those are not immigrants, so don’t blame them.

My Uncle is um well he works for the police in Gothenburg. I’m sorry it is true the rape records have went sky high and to go oh but Anders Behring Breivik did this doesn’t excuse it. He was evil man but to excuse other people of crimes especially when they are given refugee in your country because “white guy did X” is just refusing to acknowledge the issue.

Again, that’s not how it works here. AOC, Tlaib and Pressley were all born in the US; Omar was naturalized. Under US law, they’re all every bit as American as I am.

Yes I understand that but what my point is it only works like this in European countries (America and Australia included). That’s the whole point I’m trying to make. Also at least for the naturalised citizens that can be stripped legally.

My Uncle is um well he works for the police in Gothenburg. I’m sorry it is true the rape records have went sky high and to go oh but Anders Behring Breivik did this doesn’t excuse it. He was evil man but to excuse other people of crimes especially when they are given refugee in your country because “white guy did X” is just refusing to acknowledge the issue.
Your uncle working for the police in Göteborg would not give you access to classified info, you know. Besides, Göteborg is just one town in 1 of 3 countries.

So white people don’t? There are no poor Whites or Asians ha.

I never said that.

I said that non-white people suffer much more hardship.

11-21-06pov-f1.jpg

Your uncle working for the police in Göteborg would not give you access to classified info, you know. Besides, Göteborg is just one town in 1 of 3 countries.

I never said it did it’s not classified but I know they needed to stop taking not of the race of the offenders why do you think that is? If your going to just dismiss everything with flippant claims like this I am done with you I’m sorry you are living in ignorance.

Maybe next time your in Sweden head to Malmö ask around who fire bombed the police station and who is behind the grenade attacks etc or why Jews are fleeing to Israel? Not very Swedish behaviour...

Last edited:
Having r/ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISM flashbacks right now, not gonna lie.

@Weiss do you see issue with how much charity you're giving Trump's rationale for tweeting "go back" to women of color, but you're quick to dismiss that article just for its title?

If your going to just dismiss everything with flippant claims like this I am done with you I’m sorry you are living in ignorance.

Would you please tone down the personal attacks? This is the second person you're declaring to be "done with" in this thread, just because they don't share your prejudices and fears about immigrants.

Having r/ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISM flashbacks right now, not gonna lie.

@Weiss do you see issue with how much charity you're giving Trump's rationale for tweeting "go back" to women of color, but you're quick to dismiss that article just for its title?

Which article? I wasn’t dismissing anything purely on title but the notion that race is the only reason for hardship and inequality is rubbish. There are active measures to give certain races and women a leg up in college or job applications. So I suspect there are other factors at play.

Again your using her race as a shield if she had been a white English man I’m sure Trump would have said something about crumpets and go back home. Just say the Japanese would say it to anyone who constantly put down their country and culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom