• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had no issues spooling any other evolutions in this series as far as I remember... they blatantly put all the recent evolutions (Primarina, Vikavolt) in the previews themselves. Tsareena too, if I remember correctly.
I know it may be a false hope, but even if it isn't going to be an evolution, James and Mareanie definitely are going to pull off something big in order to win, which they are hiding pretty well in the previews.

Evolution smevolution, they've got some shipping to hide!!
(Jk... but I hope they do :p)

I just went back and checked last week's pictures and although most of the images had been from the preview, there were a couple of inconsequential new ones. Surprising that this week there is not even that.

I'm not convinced they're hiding anything more shocking than that the outcomes of the battles - unlike last week, all the matches bar Lillie vs Gladio could go either way - but they're not giving us even a millimetre of spoilers here. I wonder if the Pokenchi preview tomorrow night will be any more revealing. It did after all neatly summarise the entire Satoshi vs Sauboh showdown last week.

There is one thing the animé never hesitates to spoil beforehands and it is the evolutions. I don't remember one time the animé surprised us with the evolution of a main character's Pokémon since BW days. Evolving Mareanie in this episode would be too unorthodox for the staff to do.

It’s be great if Mareenie did evolve, she’s gonna be written out before the Sword and Shield anime anyway.

I still think it could happen but the fact it hasn’t been spoiled is a compelling reason to believe it won’t...

So, no new preview yet?
I was trying to find at twitter any info about today's episode...but I don't speak nor can read japanese (aside from very little kanji), so I've been relying on Google Translate. The only thing I found was an interview to TR seiyuu talking about the battle. Not much Is said about the outcome of the battle, but more about their feelings about it (Nyasu being scared of them fighting -as in, "they are people used to battle alongside not instead each other"-, Musashi being very driven and confident, Kojiro as always thinking about his teammates and Pokémon wellbeing).

Also aparently Nyasu and Sonansu really do stay behind at the donut truck and they watch the broadcast from there?

Here Is the link to the article, so you can read it yourselves!

Toxapex is so awful-looking, but at least Mareanie evolving would kinda justify it winning if that's really what will happen.

Mareanie isn’t really a token 'walking' Pokemon or carried around like Shaymin and Eevee
Well, you're mistaken on that.
I just thought 'why would people want it to evolve?' was a strange question.
It's currently an unevolved pokémon, so isn't there has to be a reason to evolve it?
Toxapex is so awful-looking, but at least Mareanie evolving would kinda justify it winning if that's really what will happen.
I thought "winning by in-battle evolution" was a bad thing.

It's currently an unevolved pokémon, so isn't there has to be a reason to evolve it
Well, it evolves due to experience. Or for whatever reason Bounsweet and Popplio evolved.
The Alolan Pokemon have limited run anyway so Toxapex not fitting in someone's arms isn’t a huge issue.

I’m not thrilled at the possibility of Hidoide evolving because she already doesn’t get airtime. I don’t want her expansion in size to result in her becoming totally redundant.

At the same time it’s been 20 years since Kojiro had a proper evolution so this is long overdue and Hidoide is unlikely to hang around after SM anyway.

I still doubt it’s happening however. I think it’s far more likely that she pulls Toxic/similar out of the move-ex-machina void.

So, no new preview yet?
I was trying to find at twitter any info about today's episode...but I don't speak nor can read japanese (aside from very little kanji), so I've been relying on Google Translate. The only thing I found was an interview to TR seiyuu talking about the battle. Not much Is said about the outcome of the battle, but more about their feelings about it (Nyasu being scared of them fighting -as in, "they are people used to battle alongside not instead each other"-, Musashi being very driven and confident, Kojiro as always thinking about his teammates and Pokémon wellbeing).

Also aparently Nyasu and Sonansu really do stay behind at the donut truck and they watch the broadcast from there?

But...............wobuffet is the one battling

@Musajirou has very kindly translated the interviews featured in this article:
Inuyama Inuko (Nyasu)
Even if humans are fighting, Nyasu is going to sell donuts without going to cheer! (laugh) I was surprised to see Nyasu listening to the broadcast at the shop, saying "It's starting!", but it's because, for Team Rocket, business is very important. Please pay attention to Nyasu selling donuts while waiting for the other two's return! (laugh)

Hayashibara Megumi (Musashi)

I'm sure Nyasu didn't go to the stadium because he was scared to see two people who always acted together battle! Musashi, of course, is fully motivated to defeat Kojiro! She doesn't feel like she'll lose the battle. No, not only that! She won't lose at anything!

Miki Shin'ichirou (Kojiro)
Kojiro will be fighting with Hidoide against Musajina (Musashi) and Sonansu, but since Kojiro has always wanted peace in Team Rocket above all... (laugh) I'd like to see a battle typical of him, full of love for Pokemon. I'm looking forward to exciting development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom