• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP - Decidueye GX misprint

MarieH

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and I had a question. When I was a kid, I grew up with Pokémon (on my game boy, cards, the movies), it was the 1st/2nd generation, and I loved it but I never really followed, so I'm no expert.

A while ago, my younger cousin was getting rid of some cards and gave them to me. They're Rainbow Holographic GX cards. Among them is Decidueye, from the Sun & Moon Guardians Rising set. However, the card is missing the "GX" mention next to the name, as well as the type next to the hp (I had a picture but it's apparently too large to be uploaded here?).
I was wondering if there's a specific name for that sort of misprint, if it's common. I also wanted to know if that makes the card more valuable.

I'm pretty sure the card isn't fake, and I've looked at a couple of lists of errors but couldn't find anything about this error/this card.

Thanks for your answers!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and I had a question. When I was a kid, I grew up with Pokémon (on my game boy, cards, the movies), it was the 1st/2nd generation, and I loved it but I never really followed, so I'm no expert.

A while ago, my younger cousin was getting rid of some cards and gave them to me. They're Rainbow Holographic GX cards. Among them is Decidueye, from the Sun & Moon Guardians Rising set. However, the card is missing the "GX" mention next to the name, as well as the type next to the hp (I had a picture but it's apparently too large to be uploaded here?).
I was wondering if there's a specific name for that sort of misprint, if it's common. I also wanted to know if that makes the card more valuable.

I'm pretty sure the card isn't fake, and I've looked at a couple of lists of errors but couldn't find anything about this error/this card.

Thanks for your answers!
Could you upload a photo to imgur and post the link here?

Such "misprints" are almost always fakes. If it's a rainbow rare, it should be easy to tell as it should have a wavy surface, if it doesn't it is definitely fake.

Not as true now re: the wavy surface. They got rid of most of the physical texturing for rainbows and secrets as of Unbroken Bonds.

I have three full arts from Unbroken Bonds and one secret rare from Unified Minds and they still have textures

But noticeably less textured than from past sets, and it's what threw me off when I pulled my first one from Unbroken Bonds, in a "Wait, aren't these supposed to be way more textured than this?" way. Team Up's were substantially more textured than everything I've pulled in UNB or seen from UNM.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom