• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Theories on chairman Rose, Oleana and Bede

Eeveely

ScVi HYPE!!!!
Reaction score

First , I'm not sure if this should have it's own thread or should be merged to some other speculation thread , but I think it deserves it's own

And now to one of my theories, in the screenshots above there are enough hexagons to say meltan and/or two hexagons is the logo of Rose's company, also I have other theories on a connection between kalos war and meltan and galar
Meltan dissapeared 3000 years before, the same time when the kalos war occured so my theory with meltan:
Chairman made his company to make peace in galar to avoid endangering pokemon species and instead having battles used as enterntainment instead of deadly wars, and he saw how talented Leon is(that's what the website said) and wanted to make a hero and an idol from him to the people of galar, but Oleana is adding fuel to a burning leaf to start a wildfire , she wants to make Leon perfect then throw an impossible challenge on him and the evil team that was newly organized and started problems in galar was a gift from the sky to her, and she made everyone count on Leon to defeat it but then you do it and then everyone think that pokemon battles are meaningless because even a great champion couldn't do what a little trainer did but then you prove that Leon is not the only galarian trainer who is strong and deserves fame by defeating him, also you help returning meltan to galar ,while Oleana tries to ruin everything Rose did for those creatures she hated, she mistakeously reveals her plans

Interesting theory with the hexagons and the tie in with Meltan/Melmetal. It is definitely possible that it is a nod to those Pokémon since it seems to incredibly pevalent throughout your screenshots.

I wonder what the dynamic is between Rose and Oleana. There are several possibilities of resolving it:
  • Their relationship is purely professional.
  • They are really good friends.
  • They are lovers.
  • They are ex-lovers.
In addition, I wonder how the villain dynamic will play out. Do they each conduct their own evil plot, or are they in it together. If someone betrays the other, who will it be? I can't wait for more information!

I doubt Meltan has a substantial role in SwSh, as he was a special thing for the Go/Let's Go games. Specially made for it, even and tied into the games' mechanics.

Also, event mythicals have never really played a big role in the story apart from Deoxys in ORAS, but that was years after his original release. And a side-plot, sort of.

The hexagons might be a reference to Meltan, I could dig that. Or Meltan might be tied to an origin-story, but just as a semi-vague mention somewhere. It could also just be a reference to Galar's more industrial setting.

I feel they are going to do something like Zootopia. Rose is either going to be completely innocent or at least not the main villain, with Oleana being behing everything.
If that sheep's grunt wasn't a sheep,I would have fell from my seat because of that twist.
Back to pokemon ,for those who didn't watch zootropolis, Rose would be secretly protecting the galar region from something dangerous or why not using Leon to do it and it could be caused by the evil team that it's secretly led by his secretary Oleana

First , I'm not sure if this should have it's own thread or should be merged to some other speculation thread , but I think it deserves it's own

And now to one of my theories, in the screenshots above there are enough hexagons to say meltan and/or two hexagons is the logo of Rose's company, also I have other theories on a connection between kalos war and meltan and galar
Meltan dissapeared 3000 years before, the same time when the kalos war occured so my theory with meltan:
Chairman made his company to make peace in galar to avoid endangering pokemon species and instead having battles used as enterntainment instead of deadly wars, and he saw how talented Leon is(that's what the website said) and wanted to make a hero and an idol from him to the people of galar, but Oleana is adding fuel to a burning leaf to start a wildfire , she wants to make Leon perfect then throw an impossible challenge on him and the evil team that was newly organized and started problems in galar was a gift from the sky to her, and she made everyone count on Leon to defeat it but then you do it and then everyone think that pokemon battles are meaningless because even a great champion couldn't do what a little trainer did but then you prove that Leon is not the only galarian trainer who is strong and deserves fame by defeating him, also you help returning meltan to galar ,while Oleana tries to ruin everything Rose did for those creatures she hated, she mistakeously reveals her plans

You can add to that images Rose's beard which has two sort of hexagons (the beard with the moustache and the fly).
I think that both are evil, with Oleana following the evil scientist trope but Rose is that guy which bears to give his face and pretend everything is wonderful...perhaps his haircut is somehwat representative of that, with one side having hair and the other's shaved.

PS: I love Rose's shoes.
Edit: I'm not sure if Meltan disappeared...Galar's map and the region as a whole shows its technological evolution, starting fom the green pastures of our hometown, crossing the orange-brick city that marks Industrial revolution, ending with the hich-tech, so Mel(tan)metal might have something to do...at least I hope so.

Last edited:
I like to believe that Rose and Oleana treat Leon (and by extension Hop) like pawns, whilst they themselves are targets of a gunpowder-plot like conspiracy that intends to thoroughly trash the reputation of Galar's Pokemon league. They might be trying to fight a villanous team formed of football hooligans, which are themselves controlled by this same conspiracy (I'll call them the Armigers of Sorrow). Rose and Oleana, and the corruption and nepotism they spread, are an affront to the Armiger's leader, who desires a world where only the strength of trainers and their bonds with pokemon determine one's status (He's basically a twisted mockery of genwunners).

In the end, the player will seem to have a choice thrust before them: Perpetuate either the chairman's lies, or the armiger's battle-lust. The darkness within the hearts of children and adults will battle once again, and you will have to find a way to achieve balance.

Hot Take: Team Yell is a diversion tactic used by Rose/Oleana so the masses can direct their attention there and not to them who are the clear villains since this so called villainous team is oh so scary

I just love how the fans are agreeing that the League Committee is probably the actual villain of these games (and the likely suspicion that they fixed all of Leon's official matches ).

But at the same time, I'm concerned all these fan theories will turn out to be true, meaning we might be in for a predictable story.

I just love how the fans are agreeing that the League Committee is probably the actual villain of these games

I personally think it's just Rose or Oleana though, unless those two are the only ones in the League Committee. Anyways if there are a jury of people, I think those two are just the bad ones - manipulating everyone else under the guise of doing good or something beneficial as their positions.

or maybe Team Yell really is evil. Who knows?

I personally think it's just Rose or Oleana though, unless those two are the only ones in the League Committee. Anyways if there are a jury of people, I think those two are just the bad ones - manipulating everyone else under the guise of doing good or something beneficial as their positions.
It might be something like the Aether Foundation, where it's really Lusamine and Faba that were story antagonists, but the 'grunts' and other employees were also villains that the player character had to fight through to get to the boss. Perhaps it might be the same with the League Committee, maybe the League employees and/or other committee members will try to stop the player character since they're part of the same team.

i doubt either of them are really villains, tbh. Oleana stands the greatest chance, but really there doesn't seem to be any real motive for any of them to actually be the Villain All Along. i think the story is going to play out more like USUM with an antagonistic pokemon with Yell playing the same general role as Skull.

edit: Bede is probably a major villain.

Last edited:
Well this is interesting apparently someone has translated Bede's text and it has some interesting implications.
Bede's translated text

One of the things he says is that as the league leader is better than the champion, as someone who was chosen by the chairman rather than the champion he is better than you.

I have some theories, all that could make International Police the true villain teams as well.

1, Oleana and Rose bribed International Police to do their own businesses, and then the International Police starts persecuting many trainers, even the main character, for reason unknown or ideological reasons. Bede is a detective for IP and works as a double agent trying to persecute the PC for unauthorized hacking or something.
2, International Police funded Rose's Company to surpress the trainers and Pokémon in Galar via any means, and both they developed Dynamax and Gigantimax to hack wild Pokemon. Oleana was also working for IP, thus allowing her and the officers to abuse their own powers to create false-flag operations on Galar's population as well as protecting their shady businesses. Bede would also be similar, as a police detective trying to stop the player.

I do have more theories, but these two could be possible, since IRL, police bribery is common.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom