• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Jeez that much trust was lost huh? Mind if I say that's a bit much?
Again, LGPE-Pokemon were kept in without some of their evolutionary relatives. It's not so much "drastic loss of trust" as it is "recognizing that it's not a guarantee that they'll be included".

After the 'bikes are like the VS Seeker' interview, I am borderline in disagreeing.
Bikes are like VS seekers? What's that mean?

Again, LGPE-Pokemon were kept in without some of their evolutionary relatives. It's not so much "drastic loss of trust" as it is "recognizing that it's not a guarantee that they'll be included".
I suppose, but even then those evolution lines were cut cause they weren't in Gen 1.

I suppose, but even then those evolution lines were cut cause they weren't in Gen 1.
Sure, but now we're having evolutions cut because they "don't fit the setting". That could be used to justify all kinds of cuts-Incense isn't in Galar, so we don't get some babies, Magmarizer can't be found in Galar, so we don't get Magmortar, magnetic fields aren't in Galar, so we don't get Magnezone, etc.

Sure, but now we're having evolutions cut because they "don't fit the setting". That could be used to justify all kinds of cuts-Incense isn't in Galar, so we don't get some babies, Magmarizer can't be found in Galar, so we don't get Magmortar, magnetic fields aren't in Galar, so we don't get Magnezone, etc.
I don't think they'll go that far. Didn't they even say themselves if you see a pokemon, they're whole line is in the game?

I don't think they'll go that far. Didn't they even say themselves if you see a pokemon, they're whole line is in the game?
Well, they did go that far with LGPE, and they are removing Pokemon from SwSh-it can't really be ruled out at this point.

Pretty sure that was never said in any official statements. (Don't we only have the treehouse announcement and Masuda's remarks, too?) And I can't imagine someone dedicated enough to make a whole chart for what Pokemon are in the game would have missed an announcement like that.

So, the threehouse video has 84000 dislikes. It is now in second position as the most disliked nintendo video after Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Less than 10000 more dislikes and it will become the most disliked nintendo video on youtube ever. Wow. I expected SW/SH to be remembered in history for something else honestly.

Well, they did go that far with LGPE, and they are removing Pokemon from SwSh-it can't really be ruled out at this point.

Pretty sure that was never said in any official statements. (Don't we only have the treehouse announcement and Masuda's remarks, too?) And I can't imagine someone dedicated enough to make a whole chart for what Pokemon are in the game would have missed an announcement like that.
Masuda did the comparison with Leon's Charizard. Saying since Charizard's in the game his whole line is as well, as well as all evolutions.

Masuda did the comparison with Leon's Charizard. Saying since Charizard's in the game his whole line is as well, as well as all evolutions.
That's different. Clearly if Charizard is in the game, Charmender and Charmeleon will be there too. This doesn't mean it's impossible to believe that at some point GF decides that Nosepass will not evolve into Probopass if a magnetic field does not fit the new region. I think this is what people are discussing about, the possibility that cross gen evolutions suddenly become region-locked evolutions.

"We cannot tell you at this stage, but all evolutions of the Pokémons that have shown up so far will appear in the game. For example, Charizard showed up behind Leon in the trailer, so the Charmander lines will be in the game. Of course, Pokémons that have not appeared in the promotional materials (as of June 12th, 2019) can still be found in the Galar Pokédex. "

Not saying it's impossible, but is by far unlikely they'd cut evolutions out. Again LGPE was a different case cause the evolutions cut were one that didn't exist in Gen 1 which they were trying to replicate near completely.

From this Famitsu interview?
I think the wording is still a little unclear on this, especially since he says "evolved forms" but lists a prevo as an example. Charmander and Charizard is one that's kind of inevitable, because a mother Charizard will always give a Charmander egg when breeding, but what about Pokemon with an incense required for breeding? Like, say Snorlax was included, but Munchlax wasn't-we'd still have all the evolutions of Snorlax included, because Snorlax doesn't evolve. Or what about Pokemon with branched evolutions? He doesn't say "all evolved forms of each Pokemon", just "the evolved forms of all Pokemon".

This is also the interview where he claims models were made from scratch, though, and he also lists game balancing as a reason for this (despite the fact that a team of four people did it for 800+ Pokemon in SuMo), so...not sure this is totally accurate.

Then this is from the famitsu site itself

"Can not be said at this stage, but all evolved forms of Pokemon that appear in the PVs that have been released appear. For example, Lizadon was behind the champion Dande. Then Hitokage also appears. Of course, even among Pokemons that have not appeared in PV (as of June 12, 2019), there are Pokemons that appear in the Galal Zukan."

Also you might want to think of another comparison, cause Munchlax was already confirmed in.

As far as I know, you can’t get Leafeon and Glaceon in HGSS even though you receive an Eevee as a gift. Similarly, you can’t get Espeon and Umbreon in FRLG. Their evolutionary methods are absent so you have to rely on trading with other games.

Although I don’t think Game Freak will leave cross-gen or gimmicky evolutions out, there is some precedent to this so I don’t blame people for being concerned.

As far as I know, you can’t get Leafeon and Glaceon in HGSS even though you receive an Eevee as a gift. Similarly, you can’t get Espeon and Umbreon in FRLG. Their evolutionary methods are absent so you have to rely on trading with other games.

Although I don’t think Game Freak will leave cross-gen or gimmicky evolutions out, there is some precedent to this so I don’t blame people for being concerned.
They did stop with ORAS, thankfully.

I do however have a disagreement that pokemon stand there deadeyed in their idle animations. I still stand strongly do have idle animations that give pokemon some character. You can even find them in the pokedex mostly because people never really take the time to stop and wait to see it. As it only occurs....well when their idle. But, a weird thing though. I'm looking through the pokedex now in Ultra sun, and weirdly enough, some pokemon have unique idle and attack animations, and some don't at all. Like you have an Arcanine that shakes it's fur when idle, but then you have the Marowak which just stands there in the same pose. Even Salamence has 2 versions of physical and attack animation, plus an idle, and majority do not. Yeah no wonder they was to focus on expressiveness, they aren't even done with the current number

Last edited:
If "regional evolutions" are a thing, it is indeed possible that some Pokemon will be replaced by new branched evolutions.

Persian is likely to be an example.

Then this is from the famitsu site itself
The phrasing doesn't really change at all here? It still says "evolved forms of all Pokemon"-no mention of prevos or branches.

Also you might want to think of another comparison, cause Munchlax was already confirmed in.
Okay? Munchlax isn't the only Pokemon to be bred through incense lol.

If Sudowoodo was shown in trailers, they could keep out Rock Incense and remove Bonsly. Because Sudowoodo doesn't evolve, this would still be true with the statement that "we'll include any evolved form of Pokemon shown in trailers"-because Bonsly is the pre-evolved form of Sudowoodo, not its evolved form.

What if they would create a totally new region with new pokemon and say thats a new beginning, there could be regional forms? Hope gen 10. Bc Gen 9 better be a piramid hot desert oriented region.

If they had regional forms of old Pokemon, it wouldn't really be a new beginning. Besides, I seriously doubt they'd do a hard reboot-Pikachu is too well-known to discard.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom