• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP107: Rampald VS Torideps!!

Anyones here thought that there'll be more details of fossils in this ep? Since this ep is about two guys that have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with fossils! They are lack of screentime and all the previous fossils eps did not give out a detail information about fossils and some of them just included the fossils Pokémon with no explanation at all! I think this is possible that Byron/Roark/underground man will explain many detailed information about fossils to Ash and co. There may even include some digging with fossils! I also think that it'll be possible that Roark and Byron will dig out some fossils extemporarily, revived them and used them to battle. Since they are arguing about who likes fossils more, they should have more than one fossil Pokémon. They really need to have some anime-exclusive Pokémon, it'll be too dull for all the Gym Leaders to have the exact line-up as in the games. After this ep, I hope Ash and co. will understand more about fossil Pokémon instead of merely consider them as mysterious Pokémon.

This was a pretty so-so episode.The big fight was basically Darkrai vs. Cresselia except a little longer. I did enjoy how Satoshi-tachi kinda took a backseat and just watched everything happen while the two gym leaders got the focus. That kind of thing is nice to see every once in awhile.

Chibi Hyouta was absolutely adorable. If if wasn't for Maddie I'd have that be my new avatar.

And everyone's favorite pokemon will be in the gym battle with Hikozaru and Glion... let the complaining begin!

This was a pretty so-so episode.The big fight was basically Darkrai vs. Cresselia except a little longer.

I disagree I thought it was pretty good. I mean if you want it to be a disappointment just because they didn't finish it then fine. But personally it was really good with what they had done.

So no further explanations about fossils? How disappointing! They're battling for fossils, right? So, they don't have other fossils Pokémon?

I disagree I thought it was pretty good. I mean if you want it to be a disappointment just because they didn't finish it then fine. But personally it was really good with what they had done.

I didn't find it disappointing because they didn't finish the fight. It's just that the plot as a whole wasn't very exciting to me and the fight was kinda boring.

So no further explanations about fossils? How disappointing! They're battling for fossils, right? So, they don't have other fossils Pokémon?

They did talk about fossils, but I don't know what was said. We didn't see any of their pokemon aside from Rampard and Triteps.

I wouldn't say people who has only one fossils Pokémon, like fossils a lot. LOL!

Tougan had a ton of fossils (that Team Rocket stole of course) we just didn't see the pokemon that come from them.

The other fossils Pokémon are rock types too! Why didn't he use them in Gym battles if he had them?

I refer to the gym battles Roark had with Ash and Paul. Roark is a Rock-type Gym Leader.

EDIT:I just realized that Tougan is Byron, not Roark.

Is this the first time two gym leaders have battled each other?
In the anime, yes. However, there was an entire subplot of gym leaders battling each other in the Pokémon Special manga. That and we've seen Lucian and Aaron battling Cynthia which, although not the same, is similar.

This episode was good. Even though Roark and Byron didn't finish their match, what we saw was pretty entertaining. I also liked the father and son moments in the anime, especially the flashback to little Roark.

Solid episode overall, Ash's match looks good in the preview.

Some correct me if I'm wrong, but I think whatever GS battle theme was used might have been a new remix?

I think that's just her legs. At least that's all it looked like to me when I zoomed it in some.

So... Byron abandoned his family to go search fossils in Canalave? And then Brock said it's like his father? Correct me if I got that wrong but this is how I understood this flashback scene... and I think Byron said that leaf fossil Roark found was a Sunkern's leaf XD

That's what I got too. Is Hyouta's mom gone as well? I didn't get what he said about her.

I swear, Haruka and Masato have to be the only characters on this show that don't have a deadbeat dad.

I also heard Roark mentioned his mother but I also wasn't able to understand what exactly he said
I just guessed he probably said Byron abandoned him and his mom

what was the attack bastiodon was doing (the glowing attack the collided with rampardos' head smash) ???

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom