• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM132: Overcome Junaiper!

Very exciting. Wondering what kind of outcome will be. Wish, a miracle happens that Ash don't lose in this round that will mirror the same fate with Unova. Then, it will be very bad.

Overall rating: B+

Give the rest of us a chance to create an episode review thread once in a while too, will you? Anyway...

Ash and Hau are like, "Hey! While everyone is out there waiting for us to show up, let's have a nice, emotional talk and make them even more worried what's keeping us!"

To be honest, that Z-Move dodge wasn't as bad as I expected. There may still be some hope...

The Alola league is certainly proving to be one of the least exciting leagues we've seen

Was great to see Toucannon's flock reappear and try and teach Rowlet Feather Dance

Battle between James and Gladion was too short and not a lot was seen, nice call back having Nanu remember Ash doing the same thing with him

Nice to see Rowlet so focused, if only he was focused earlier in the series, Rowlet might be a Dartrix or even a Decidueye by now

Give the rest of us a chance to create an episode review thread once in a while too, will you? Anyway...
I don't appreciate your tone. It's not a race and I only open these for everyone's convenience. Besides, you got to open a review thread a mere two weeks ago. So I don't know what the problem is.

The Alola league is certainly proving to be one of the least exciting leagues we've seen
Let's just hope the final battles will be more exciting.

Also, forgot to mention: Team Rocket was handled waaay better here than in the previous episode. They even remembered to acknowledge James's motivation! I honestly think James vs. Gladion was better than Jessie vs. James.

I don't appreciate your tone. It's not a race and I only open these for everyone's convenience. Besides, you got to open a review thread a mere two weeks ago. So I don't know what the problem is.
Sorry. It's just my brand of jealousy... And I did? I didn't remember that. And still don't... Probably why I was so eager to create a new one...

Very exciting. Wondering what kind of outcome will be. Wish, a miracle happens that Ash don't lose in this round that will mirror the same fate with Unova. Then, it will be very bad.
I'm seeing 50/50 odds right now. Ash losing to Hau while either Kiawe or Sophocles advances to the semi-finals would be the writers giving long-term fans the middle finger. I'm currently predicting Ash will win, then lose to Gladion, Guzma, or Kiawe.

Well, James didn't win. Back to a life of robbing Poke Stops for him.

Nice to see Rowlet so focused, if only he was focused earlier in the series, Rowlet might be a Dartrix or even a Decidueye by now
While Rowlet never expressed a refusal to evolve, he still holds an Everstone. And the first time Ash met Hau, it played out like "Electric Shock Showdown" and "Pika and Goliath", which I took as a sign that the writers have no intention of letting Rowlet evolve.

Okay. So this week staying awake at 3am was actually worth it Haha

I missed part of the stream, but what I could see, I liked it.

Gladio vs Kojiro was less one sided than I thought it would be. Hidoide put on a good performance.
Also (as a TR stan) I appreciated the final secuence, given as last week episode handled them badly. Gosh, sure did I have a field day taking screen caps. Hahaha

Can't wait for next week! Rowlet Is adorable and It's nice how he isn't portrayed as cómic relief here. Little bird Is a surprisingly strong battler! (Also, I need a plushie of him doing Decidueye cosplay)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190728-032624.jpg
    Screenshot_20190728-032624.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 74
Another thing I did like about the episode was Wingull doing a Pikachu and imitating Rowlet and Decidueye to Toucannon's flock to explain why Rowlet wants them to go over to the stadium

Well, I'll say this... Kojiro's exit from the Alola League was handled better than Musashi's exit from the Grand Festival (as in, an almost completely off-screen battle). I still hate that it seems like Gladio steamrolled over Kojiro though (there's no indication Hidoide ever landed a move).

Satoshi vs Hau is shaping up to be a good match though.

Hau Juniper should have its own page it shows personality and characteristics

It shows to be good friend and rival for Ash Rowlet. He and Rowlet have their own handshake when they meet each other. He shows to take his rival Rowlet serious as they willing to show off their true strength and determination against each other. As Haw notice that his Pokémon is excited to battle Adh and Rowlet to settle their battle once and for all since their last battle.

Hello guys, my first post here on Bulbapedia.

I enjoyed this episode. I wish we had more scenes of the training session from Rowlet. Nevertheless it is nice to see the Toucannon family helping Rowlet out here. Trumbeak and the Pikipeks helped Rowlet with the costume to dodge the Z-move, hopefully the training of Toucannon and Rowlet will pay off in the next episode! The battle of James and Gladion was mostly skipped, but the scenes they have shown were nice.

The battle between Rowlet en Decidueye is looking good so far, although is it me or does the Z-move from Decidueye look a bit meh? I also hope we get some explanation how Rowlet was able to dodge te Z-move, for example by learning substitute instead of feather dance.

I am really hyped for next weeks episode, I am curious to see how Ash and Rowlet will manage to beat Hau and Decidueye. When even Nanu gets excited over something, then we should expect a great battle!

Last edited:
Hello guys, my first post here on Bulbapedia.

Welcome to the group, hope you enjoy yourself, we're a good community here

Hau Juniper should have its own page it shows personality and characteristics

It shows to be good friend and rival for Ash Rowlet. He and Rowlet have their own handshake when they meet each other. He shows to take his rival Rowlet serious as they willing to show off their true strength and determination against each other. As Haw notice that his Pokémon is excited to battle Adh and Rowlet to settle their battle once and for all since their last battle.

I am working on a page for it if you fancy helping out

User:BigDocFan/Hau's Decidueye - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There are no words strong enough to describe how the precious Team Rocket scenes in this episode made me feel relieved, happy and in love. A thousand times better than the previous week ❤ The good writing can really change all the perception.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom