• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I rather doubt it (same for Mimikyu) unless Gigantamax is involved. Masters could do whatever, though. Look at Mina's Granbull, Bugsy's Beedrill, Lt. Surge's Voltorb, Maylene's Meditite and so on.

The current game version has been datamined, revealing that Leaf, Ethan, N and Nate are being planned, as well as Sygna outfits for Red, Blue, Misty (FRLG?), Cynthia, Siebold, Cheren (BW), Rosa, Grimsley and Elesa. The Froakie line includes Ash-Greninja, but their trainer is unknown.

Lyra & Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
Calem & Espurr/Meowstic (Male)
Hilda & Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
Roxie & Whirlipede/Scolipede
Kris & Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Brendan & Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Hilbert & Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
Pryce & Seel/Dewgong
Clay & Palpitoad/Seismitoad
Lt. Surge & Voltorb/Electrode
Ramos & Weepinbell/Victreebel
Roark & Cranidos/Rampardos
Viola & Surskit/Masquerain
Brawly & Makuhita/Hariyama
Roxanne & Nosepass/Probopass
Phoebe & Dusclops/Dusknoir
Maylene & Meditite/Medicham
Grant & Amaura/Aurorus
Blaine & Ponyta/Rapidash
Barry & Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
Rosa & Snivy/Servine/Serperior

Viola & Bugsy
Nanu & Grimsley
Koga & Janine
Acerola & Phoebe & Agatha
Cheren & Hilbert & Hilda

Last edited:
The current game version has been datamined, revealing that Leaf, Ethan, N and Nate are being planned, as well as Sygna outfits for Red, Blue, Misty (FRLG?), Cynthia, Siebold, Cheren (BW), Rosa, Grimsley and Elesa. The Froakie line includes Ash-Greninja, but their trainer is unknown.

I wonder if in the Sword and Shield anime, if Cynthia does return, she would have that clothing, similar to how she had different clothing in Black and White.

Calem & Espurr/Meowstic (Male)

On one hand, I would have preferred Greninja. On the other hand, this is practically indirect confirmation that Calem is the rival in this continuity, so I’m glad I don’t have to hold my breath on that anymore.

Last edited:
Would not be surprised if SwSh characters were included to promote SwSh, FE Heroes gave a free copy of the Male Byleth to players who had 3 Houses and FEH, and I could easily see the same being done for SwSh.

To those who have been playing this game: How is it looking so far? Is it fun? Is it hard? Is the pay 2 win heavy, or does it seem like you can beat this game with the worst freebie characters possible? Does the dialogue and story look promising?

I haven't heard any impressions of the pre-release demo anywhere, and I'm just curious what anybody thinks of it.

I wonder if in the Sword and Shield anime, if Cynthia does return, she would have that clothing, similar to how she had different clothing in Black and White.
Well, the face looks quite like Cynthia's but if this really turns out to be her, it would be a major outfit change. Even in her BW outfit, they just changed her blouse and the coat.
Actually, I don't know if I like the idea of her NOT wearing her beautiful hair loose and getting a Kommo-o ... there are stronger Pokemon worthier of her as the Champion.

Last edited:
Well, the face looks quite like Cynthia's but if this really turns out to be her, it would be a major outfit change. Even in her BW outfit, they just changed her blouse and the coat.
Actually, I don't know if I like the idea of her wearing her beautiful hair loose and getting a Kommo-o ... there are stronger Pokemon worthier of her as the Champion.
I also wonder what outfit she would have in the SwSh anime if she does appear in that, no doubt to promote the DP Remake, possibly coming out for next year or so.

Back
Top Bottom