• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they'll introduce Galar in SM. It's too much to squeeze along with Melemetal's appearance, Finding Mohn, finishing the League which is taking more episodes than expected and of course the Exhibition Battle. I'm wondering if Ash wins the League in SM, will they make his ranking regress in Galar? Surely they won't make him win 2 times in a row. Also, do you guys see the tv ratings increasing for SwSh? SM's Ratings increased well from XY&Z ( Went from 1.8 % to 4.4 % ), but kinda fell down because of the timeslot change and rarely makes the top 10 now. I think the SwSh Anime will be lowely marketed like the XY Anime because of Ash possibly winning the Alola League ( so they wouldn't want anyone to lose attention on what's happening in the current series ).

Last edited:
I doubt they'll introduce Galar in SM. It's too much to squeeze along with Melemetal's appearance, Finding Mohn, finishing the League which is taking more episodes than expected and of course the Exhibition Battle. I'm wondering if Ash wins the League in SM, will they make his ranking regress in Galar? Surely they won't make him win 2 times in a row. Also, do you guys see the tv ratings increasing for SwSh? SM's Ratings increased well from XY&Z ( Went from 1.8 % to 4.4 % ), but kinda fell down because of the timeslot change and rarely makes the top 10 now. I think the SwSh Anime will be lowely marketed like the XY Anime because of Ash possibly winning the Alola League ( so they wouldn't want anyone to lose attention on what's happening in the current series ).
No wonder, they're obviously trying to get away from the old formula now that it's getting stale, and try and make something refreshing, new and self containing for each Arc so to rake in the ratings.

Also, we have 10 episodes to go before Sun and Moon ends, so they'll might do.

Last edited:
You know, I really hope the battles in this series will be better than they have been in Sun snd Moon. Battles have been the weakest part of the Sun and Moon series, and knowing how Galar's culture is more battle centric does make be hope they step their game up.

More than that even. Ideally, these should be the best battles in the history of the series. :bulbaWave: If they follow the games we should have huge stadiums, massive crowds of fans watching, a dynamic Rotom camera flying across the battlefield filming everything, giant screens on the walls showing the battle, and Dynamxing. Basically the gym battles should be league worthy. And I'm trying not to hype myself up in the event that they for whatever reason downplay the gyms, but I really hope they don't because this series basically has the potential to have the highest quality battles ever.

Sun and Moon focus lied more on character interaction and fun, which fits the laidback atmosphere of the Alola region. The Galar region is famous for battling, which will be a focus of the upcoming S&S games. I'm almost sure this upcoming anime will focus heavily on battles. Maybe so much that Ash will get his own personal coach.

Bea would fit perfect this role. She serious, cold and focused. Those are all character traits that Ash can learn from her. While Ash, on the other hand, is open, relaxed and knows how to have fun, character traits that Bea could learn from him. O man, now I really want her to join Ash's journey through Galar. They would make such a great team.

Sun and Moon focus lied more on character interaction and fun, which fits the laidback atmosphere of the Alola region. The Galar region is famous for battling, which will be a focus of the upcoming S&S games. I'm almost sure this upcoming anime will focus heavily on battles.
Something that Ash after Alola would be revving to go.

They won't do this (seeing how Leon seems to be an individual champion). But I would love to see them take a different approach to gym battles and the league structure. Instead of the usually standard individual gym battles, every gym battle is a tag-team battle and you can't compete in the league without a partner. The new girl would be Ash's tag partner and I think it would have been a nice change from the standard Ash does gyms, while main girl does something girly.

It would also fit in quite well with the sporting theme of Sword and Shield IMO.

They won't do this (seeing how Leon seems to be an individual champion). But I would love to see them take a different approach to gym battles and the league structure. Instead of the usually standard individual gym battles, every gym battle is a tag-team battle and you can't compete in the league without a partner. The new girl would be Ash's tag partner and I think it would have been a nice change from the standard Ash does gyms, while main girl does something girly.

It would also fit in quite well with the sporting theme of Sword and Shield IMO.
Reguardless to what will happen or what people think. I am hoping for the female player to be Ash's companion.

I don't think that's happening because of the chance of having 3 Dynamaxed Pokemon on screen at once, which will eat through the animation budget.

I hope that thanks to Galar being a region with a big focus on battling, that a potential contest like goal for the female pc could benefit from that audience and that these contests are as significant as gym battles.

But all that depends of if the games are going to have them.

I hope that thanks to Galar being a region with a big focus on battling, that a potential contest like goal for the female pc could benefit from that audience and that these contests are as significant as gym battles.

But all that depends of if the games are going to have them.

The anime put contests in kanto even though none of the Kanto games had them.

Kalos didn't have Contests in the games, instead it's some fashion show. The Contests was added in to the XY series to tie into ORAS. If the Gen 4 Remake is likely for next year, then we might see Contests make a return for the SwSh anime.

Kalos didn't have Contests in the games, instead it's some fashion show. The Contests was added in to the XY series to tie into ORAS. If the Gen 4 Remake is likely for next year, then we might see Contests make a return for the SwSh anime.
They could just as easily create something original instead like Showcases.

Here's one thing I hope. Ash doesn't catch a Pokemon that will be nothing more than a gag. If you want them to be a funny at the start, okay, but at least develop them into a competent fighter and make it believable. Maybe even let them evolve and mature, but still keep their goofy tendencies at times.

Contests were still featured in the third generation. The Battle Frontier arc was basically a way to promote Emerald and FR/LG at the same time. I would absolutely love a secondary goal akin to Contests that the female lead can do in the next series. It would give the female lead something to do and more battles would definitely be nice.

I'm still trying to figure out how the anime staff'll incorporate Daimax and Kyoudaimax in the series. Imagine the amount of destruction they should be able to cause everywhere, not mentioning how they'll work camera angles or how the mechanics'll be adapted.

Contests were still featured in the third generation. The Battle Frontier arc was basically a way to promote Emerald and FR/LG at the same time. I would absolutely love a secondary goal akin to Contests that the female lead can do in the next series. It would give the female lead something to do and more battles would definitely be nice.
So far, the likely female companions I see is Gloria (Female Trainer) or Bea.

I hope all the starters final forms get a fair amount of screentime. I feel really bad for Decidueye.

And battles between full evolved starters.
All 3 got not enough till now.
Maybe the profesor will use all 3 starters?

Galar seems that we will get a battle with Champion Leon and his brother in first 3 episodes? Maybe Ash uaes Luragurang vs Charizard and thag D/G-maxes? Could see Ash first use there Z-moves against him but then wants to try D-max and G-max. Could see Ash getting Scorchbunny and Grokey early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom