• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alola League hasn't been that great so far so hopefully the semi-finals, finals and match against Masked Royal will make up for it.

Pikachu needs revenge against Golisopod. Then in the final round Lycanroc can take its revenge against Silvally. And then if Ash wins that he can use Torracat against Masked Royal, so that Ash has used his entire Alola team in the league

....I know, that's probably getting ahead of things. But that's how my mind works.

Nicely put, this is their chance of Ash's Pokemon getting some decent battling time, especially poor Torracat

Ah, yes. I've been thinking the same myself. Ash and possibly his classmates too could end the Sun & Moon series by graduating from the Pokémon School.

Given that Ash remained in Alola to study at school (even though there doesn't appear to have been much studying, at least IMO), they'll probably have some sort of ceremony like in the real world

Then in the final round Lycanroc can take its revenge against Silvally.
They’ve been teasing Lycanroc vs Lycanroc though. The idea is Lycanroc vs Silvally was abandoned after their only battle as far as I remember. I think Silvally will go against Pikachu since imo the Battle Royale teased that. If it’s a 3 vs 3 the final slot is up for grabs between Meltan, Rowlet and Torracat, which I think should go to Torracat because... (cont. in my next quote)

And then if Ash wins that he can use Torracat against Masked Royal, so that Ash has used his entire Alola team in the league
Torracat is extremely unlikely to win against Incineroar so it should get at least one more battle, which should be vs either Gladion or Guzma (hell, maybe even both! I'll lose faith in this series if Ash choses Meltan or Rowlet over it consciously).
I noticed that Gladion has four Pokémon currently and Ash has five, so I can see the writers giving Gladion a bonus Pokémon (Alain turned up with 4) and making it a 5 vs 5, fairly close to a full battle, so no Pokémon is left out.

OMG, unfortunately Satoshi's chances of winning just decreased. It's still possible, but not certain anymore.

No, but he was interested in battling Ash. It just so happened that their battle ended up being the final.

There are no stakes, personal or otherwise, in a Gladion vs Masked Royal Battle.
Gladion, however wants to win the league. Masked Royal just happens to be a bonus.

Chances are pointing towards Ash winning currently, but I'm not entirely dismissing the possibility of Gladion winning.

I think he still might win, but the odds are definitely lower than if Guzma was the final. The Masked Royal makes me think he might lose the exhibition instead since Ash isn't often allowed to end a series on a strong note for battles (both his victories--the Orange League and the Battle Frontier--were followed by him losing to Gary).

Two scenarios.

Ash and Guzma is the other battle, he faces Gladion in the finals. Alain repeats, in all aspects.

For some reason, Hau faces him instead, only for him to lose and Gladion defeats Guzma in the finals.

They’ve been teasing Lycanroc vs Lycanroc though. The idea is Lycanroc vs Silvally was abandoned after their only battle as far as I remember. I think Silvally will go against Pikachu since imo the Battle Royale teased that. If it’s a 3 vs 3 the final slot is up for grabs between Meltan, Rowlet and Torracat, which I think should go to Torracat because... (cont. in my next quote)

Torracat is extremely unlikely to win against Incineroar so it should get at least one more battle, which should be vs either Gladion or Guzma (hell, maybe even both! I'll lose faith in this series if Ash choses Meltan or Rowlet over it consciously).
I noticed that Gladion has four Pokémon currently and Ash has five, so I can see the writers giving Gladion a bonus Pokémon (Alain turned up with 4) and making it a 5 vs 5, fairly close to a full battle, so no Pokémon is left out.
I highly doubt any battle from now on will be anything more than 1 vs. 1. Nothing up until this point has led me to believe we will see battles with multiple Pokémon on each side during this League. I'm not completely ruling out a 3 vs. 3 for a potential Ash vs. Gladion but I'm not counting on it either.

IF Ash gets to battle Masked Royal I do think Torracat is the most logical choice personally. It may not make the most sense in a tactical sense, but this is the Pokémon anime and they've often written Ash to go against the grain. Practically, Rowlet is also extremely unlikely to win against Decidueye yet here we are.

I highly doubt any battle from now on will be anything more than 1 vs. 1. Nothing up until this point has led me to believe we will see battles with multiple Pokémon on each side during this League. I'm not completely ruling out a 3 vs. 3 for a potential Ash vs. Gladion but I'm not counting on it either.
Kiawe vs. Gladion seems to be getting a whole episode dedicated to it, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than just 1 vs. 1.

I highly doubt any battle from now on will be anything more than 1 vs. 1. Nothing up until this point has led me to believe we will see battles with multiple Pokémon on each side during this League.
The rest of the battles were 1 vs 1 probably because everyone was a known character and their battles had to be shown, which led to 4 matches per episode. But 3 vs 3 for the semis looks quite doable, and maybe a 5 vs 5 for the finals.

And the Kukui battle, if it happens is more than 1 vs 1 probably, since the opening shows Kukui's Incineroar battling Pikachu.

Two scenarios.

Ash and Guzma is the other battle, he faces Gladion in the finals. Alain repeats, in all aspects.

For some reason, Hau faces him instead, only for him to lose and Gladion defeats Guzma in the finals.

I don't know why Hau is even being factored into this since he has no chance of winning against Ash

Kiawe vs. Gladion seems to be getting a whole episode dedicated to it, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than just 1 vs. 1.
That says literally nothing tbh. We've had two episode titles dedicated to Ash vs. Hau. While that was round 2 and they had more battles to focus on, this episode can still focus on the other semi-final battle and pre- and post battle stuff.

If the semi-finals and final will be 3 vs. 3 or even more than that I will fully admit I was wrong, but I'm not counting on battles with multiple Pokémon on each side.

Maybe it just surprises me that so many people seem to be sure that we will get 3 vs. 3 or even a 5 vs. 5 or 6 vs. 6 when that isn't a given. It's not unlikely, but it's not set in stone either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom