• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TWR Awards 2019 [RESULTS ARE LIVE]

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Another year has passed and another begins, such is the circle of life The War Room... Welcome to the 2019 War Room Awards! As many of you know, every year at this time we look back on the previous season to remember all the great games we've enjoyed and all the people that made the season great. Without you guys there would be no War Room. It is for these reasons that we award those games and players. You can vote until August 15th, with the exact amount of time left until the deadline found here. Before you make your votes though, please read the following rules.

1. Voters must have completed at least one of this season’s games, either through playing or hosting.
  2. Staff members are eligible to receive awards.
  3. Voters are not permitted to vote for themselves.
  4. You may not vote for best town/mafia performance if you were in that group in that game.
  5. Voting will be public and in this thread only. Voters can only vote for one person/game per category.
  6. Voters can give the reasoning behind their votes with a small explanation, but it's not mandatory.
  7. Two further awards - Best Player and Best Host - will be awarded to the person who accumulated the highest number of votes across the categories of the Player Tier and the Host Tier respectively. Should the winners of the Best Player Award and the Best Host Award win more than half the categories in their respective tier, they would solely win that respective award, and their other awards would go to the person that has garnered the second highest number of votes in those categories.
  8. You are not required to vote in all categories. If you like you can vote in one or you can vote in them all. As long as you vote only once, in each.
  9. If you wish to add to or change your votes after posting, please edit the original post and tag the moderators in a new post to notify them of the change.
  10. Only players whose first ever completed played mafia game was in this season are eligible for the Best New Player award. (See below)
  11. Only hosts whose first ever completed hosted mafia game was in this season are eligible for the Best New Host award. (See below)
  12. For the Most Sportsmanlike Conduct award, players that have subbed out of the game (as part of the sportsmanlike act itself) are eligible.

If you have any questions about what an award means or eligibility, just ask any of the mods.

VOTING CATEGORIES

Mafia Player Tier

-Best Single Town Performance
-Best Single Mafia Performance
-Best New Player
-Best Single Independent Performance
-Best Single Sub In Performance
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Most Organised Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator
-Host of the Best Mafia Game
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host
-Most Organised Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

Mafia Games
Voltron Mafia - Elementar
Pokemon vs Digimon Mafia - Lone_Garurumon , CheffOfGames
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wishlist Mafia - Elementar, ReturnofMCH
Scooby Doo Mafia - Lone_Garurumon
Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth - AussieEevee, CheffOfGames
YOU Mafia - Elementar
The War Room Awards '18 Mafia - DarthWolf
Shop Mafia II - Wages Excluded - SoaringDylan
Holiday Mafia 2018 - DarthWolf, Magnificent Entertainer
Chaos Mafia IV - Doctor Floptopus, Magnificent Entertainer
LupinRanger vs PatRanger - AussieEevee
Danganronpa V3 Mafia - Max1996
USM Ubers Mafia - Oricorio
Pokemon Generation Three Mafia! - Calvin ッ
Death Note Mafia - DekuNut
Tokyo Ghoul Mafia - ZinnLav
ZD X BMG 2019 Link's Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game - funnier6, Mellow Ezlo
World's Smallest Mafia - Contrainer
Noughts & Crosses Mafia - Calvin ッ
Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story - Lone_Garurumon
Pokemon Rival Mafia - Kyriaki
Classic Sonic Mafia - Rainbow Cloud
Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) - Lone_Garurumon, DarthWolf
Black Butler Mafia - ZinnLav

Non-Mafia Games
WotE ABC: 1-Time Comeback Edition - Max1996
Battleship v3: War Begins Again - Max1996

Good luck and may Arceus smile upon you.

(Credit to DarthWolf for the OP)

Last edited:
Also, I suppose the awards are only for games finished this season, otherwise Defeat the Boss from AussieEevee should also be elegible.

You'll win them all fair and square, it's just not much of a competition.
I guess so...

Bah, you deserve it, Max :3

Vote: Max for:
Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host
-Most Organised Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game
Thanks! :bulbaLove:

Mafia Player Tier
Best Single Mafia Performance - Magnificent Entertainer

Mafia Host Tier
Most Creative Host - @Calvin ッ for Noughts & Crosses Mafia's concept.
Best Original Game - Guess Your Role BGMf/ZD Crossover (Lone&Darth)

Best Town Team Performance - Pokémon vs Digimon Mafia for losing only one Townie.

Last edited:
Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance - I had someone for this. Trying to remember
-Best Single Mafia Performance - debating
-Best New Player - hmm... Going for ZinnLav
-Best Single Independent Performance - Ereshkigal for CSM
-Best Single Sub In Performance - ME
-Most Entertaining Player - Eresh I think
-Most Strategic Player - ME
-Most Unlucky Player - Ereshkigal for being a restless spirit and a serial killer all the time
-Best Save - can i co-award this to Eresh and Jinjo for CSM?

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance - im just gonna give this to Soulmaster for winning battleship
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - Max1996
-Most Creative Host - Calvin for PG3
-Most Entertaining Host
-Most Organised Host - DarthWolf for MoDing so many games
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer - ME
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator
-Host of the Best Bastard Game - Flop and ME

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host - M
-Most Organised Host - a
-Most Entertaining Host - x
-Fair Hosting Award - 19
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game - 96

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user - Pika_pika42 for being nice
-Most committed user - Max1996 has prob been in the most games
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance - Usum Ubers Mafia
-Best Mafia Team Performance - Chaos Mafia IV
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance - nope

Last edited:
Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance: Max1996: for his Bomb play in Holiday Mafia 2018.
-Best Single Mafia Performance: Dekunut for Chaos Mafia IV
-Best New Player: ZinnLav
-Best Single Independent Performance: Jinjo for Pokemon Generation Three Mafia
-Best Single Sub In Performance: AussieEevee subbing in for Rainbow Cloud in Chaos Mafia IV (best sub in, ever, go back and reread it)
-Most Strategic Player: Ereshkigal: TWR Awards '18 Mafia, literally cracking everybody's codes and getting a shitton of information for mafia.
-Most Unlucky Player: DarthWolf because he always seems to RNG against me, and gets his butt kicked every time. :p
-Best Save

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Most Organized Host: Doctor Floptopus for Chaos Mafia IV. She was the one who created the spreadsheet and kept it updated most of the time. No small feat in a game so overthetop bastard.
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer
-Best Original Game: Guess Your Role Mafia because the core mechanic, though not perfect, was interesting and unique.
-Best Custom Role Creator: Doctor Floptopus: Chaos Mafia IV's Dressmaker was her idea.
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance: TWR Awards '18 Mafia

I've put in my initial thoughts. I'm going to edit this post after reading through some of the games in more detail, to remind myself of plays and hosting tidbits I may have forgotten about from this past season. I will make notes of edits below.

EDIT 1: Went back and reread Pokemon vs. Digimon Mafia, TWR Awards '18 Mafia, Holiday 2018 Mafia, and Chaos Mafia IV. Despite playing in and/or hosting all of those, I'd actually forgotten a lot about them. I highly recommend people looking to fill in some of their missing awards categories to go check out Chaos Mafia in particular. That was quite the ride. Especially when AussieEevee subbed in for Rainbow Cloud. Woof.
I've added in votes for Best Single Town, Best Single Mafia, Best Single Sub In, Most Strategic Player, Most Organized Host, and Best Custom Role Creator based on those games alone, and I'm looking into voting for either Elieson or HumanDawn as Most Entertaining Player, given their interactions and posts in Pokemon vs. Digimon Mafia.

Also, I would like to nominate ZinnLav as Town Player That Killed The Most Town since Zinn axed too many questions in Chaos Mafia IV.

Last edited:
I just have a couple I would like to nominate

• Best Single Independent Performance: I think novaselinenever deserves this for his play in USM Ubers. Fakeclaiming Cop was the ballsiest thing I've ever seen any survivor variant do, and it worked!
  • Best Town Team Performance: I think USM Ubers deserves it. Even if there was a little luck with JJJ getting shot by the SK, only losing three townies (one of which was a Restless Spirit) was still impressive.

Back
Top Bottom