• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Is anyone having issues downloading it?

ShinyRockruff204

little brat a la Max & Bonnie
Reaction score
I tried to download it on my Samsung Galaxy J2.
Google Play said it wasn't compatible.

Post here if you are having issues downloading it too!

but the preview version is what I meant

probably available on ios

Since Thursday, there has been a lot of complaints about the game not being on all phones on official Facebook posts. Of course, it's hard to tell if some just can't get the game, or of they can, but exploit this issue (along with microtransactions and, as always, the National Dex) to continue harassing the developers.

An announcement on why some devices can't get the game would help.

As far as I know for now, there's two reasons the game doesn't work or won't show up:
  1. You have a 32-bit phone. The game only works on 64-bit phones.
  2. It seems it may not work with the latest OS, it's said the developers are working on this.
  3. You live in the Netherlands or Belgium, the game isn't released in these countries (probably because of lootbox laws).
I'm pretty miffed point 1 and 3 weren't announced beforehand, at least afaik it wasn't known before the game would only work on 64-bit phones? And there's a lot of people who only have 32-bit devices so that leaves a big part of the fandom out already. Even if it was announced beforehand, it's quite a bad decision to not make the game compatible with 32-bit devices somehow too (though tbf I don't know how easy that is, but since this is the first phone game I've heard of that has this requirement, I doubt it's that hard).

And if some countries were going to be excluded, I don't see any reason why that wasn't said beforehand either. People only found out after asking the customer service where they just flat out were told the game wasn't going to release there. Not sure why they thought it was smart to hype up fans only for them to find out on release day the game isn't available in their country.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom