• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
To air September 1, 2019

SM137 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

View: https://imgur.com/a/w5lPAlV

Summary courtesy of Dephender from Serebii

It's the second match of the semifinals. Hassam suddenly had to battle due to Guzma's partner Pokémon Gusokumusha's "Emergency Exit" activating, and it ended up losing to Nyaheat, making Guzma indignant with rage over Gusokumusha's tendency to do as it pleases. And even though Guzma has been in the lead so far, he gradually loses his pace as he sees his old rival Kukui in Satoshi's forthright eyes.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:
It's the second match of the semifinals. Hassam suddenly had to battle due to Guzma's partner Pokémon Gusokumusha's "Emergency Exit" activating, and it ended up losing to Nyaheat,
I was correct in Scizor battling and being defeated by Torracat!

Guzma has been cold and cool, and that’s been his road to victory. It makes sense that the match he gets worked up brings his downfall. I’m guessing a weak Golispod has to battle Ash’s second Pokemon after Scizor faints.

Very hyped, great staff list. I have a feeling this will be the best match coming from the alola league. From a story perspective it also makes sense Ash fights with Torracat. This makes the connection between Ash and Kukui even stronger for Guzma, there will maybe be a short flashback of Guzma fighting Kukui's former Torracat.

Very hyped, great staff list. I have a feeling this will be the best match coming from the alola league. From a story perspective it also makes sense Ash fights with Torracat. This makes the connection between Ash and Kukui even stronger for Guzma, there will maybe be a short flashback of Guzma fighting Kukui's former Torracat.

That would be nice, maybe Guzma having a Wimpod, Scyther or a third Pokemon

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this will be the end of Team Skull...
(good riddance)

^ I hope there will be one more Guzma episode after the league where Kukui and Guzma mend their friendship. Even if this episode is focused on Guzma, I feel like it would be too rushed to conclude his arc here.

This episode should be great, Omode has done some amazing work in XY, SM, and even a bit in BW, and the rest of the staff list needs no introduction

Well I hope that Guzma will get a reality check and lose some of his arrogance by the end of this episode. His ego is bigger than Seto Kaiba's.

Looks like Guzma will be the evilest character we seen since Hunter J. Should we hope for another implied death scene?
I’m not counting it. I’m guessing they’ll go down the Ultra route and he’ll soon have a change of heart (which could happen if they do an arc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom