• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Last edited:
Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
No... this isn’t possible... NOO...NO...

Are my eyes working properly? Who in the right mind allotted this episode to this man? I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Fujisaku has ruined the Alola league so far for me, and I don’t expect him to do a heel face turn.

Oh my god...

Lets hope this is a two parter and he isn't involved with the next part
To be fair, he only wrote half of Rowlet vs Decidueye and none of the parts were stellar.

Oh my god... he’s after Gladion now...
First Jessie’s Mimikyu, then Hau and finally Gladion for him to feast on...

I can tell that Ash wins (thanks to a deux ex machina), that’s a common thread with literally every battle he’s ever written. Poor Gladion.

It might be fitting after all, but I’m not a fan of Ash having a nuke at his disposal completely randomly.

Can anyone translate what it says?

Google translate brings up this:
“If you can become a bad guy
I wish it was good.”
Which doesn’t make much sense.
"I wish I could become a villain screenwriter"... it seems like the Japanese didn't like the episode as well. Look at this forum discussion. 【アニポケ】モクローVSジュナイパー回の脚本家、意味深なツイートを連発「悪役脚本家として生きてくか」 | ポケモンまとめマスター|ソードシールド(剣盾)/ポケモンGO/ポケマス

I think the final between Ash and Gladion will be a two-parter, with maybe some preperations for the finals in this episode. I think the final will be at least a 3 vs 3 where Gladion will be using Zoroark (fake Silvally), Silvally and Lycanroc. Ash will use Melmetal, Pikachu and Lycanroc.

I think the final will be at least a 3 vs 3 where Gladion will be using Zoroark (fake Silvally), Silvally and Lycanroc. Ash will use Melmetal, Pikachu and Lycanroc.
I don’t think it makes any sense to leave out any Pokemon in the finals when both sides have a minimum of four Pokemon.
Finals logically will have as large of a battle as possible.

I don’t think it makes any sense to leave out any Pokemon in the finals when both sides have a minimum of four Pokemon.
Finals logically will have as large of a battle as possible.

Its just a shame they're lacking a full team of 6 as that would be a much better end to the league

Plot twist: it's a 6 vs 6 and Gladio will use Noivern and Zeraora.

Melmetal

GG, I don't see a Mythical jobbing in its first ever battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom