• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Everyone agrees that it's bad. Doesn't stop it from happening.

Mega Ampharos was part of the first megas revealed, and it did have a type change. (This also doesn't really have anything to do with whether Game Freak would keep in Megas or old Pokemon...)

I think its like we had in Alola...
In UltraSun&Moon we got redemption.
The same will be here and maybe they will add some new megas and Z-moves. Mega-shield Blastoise and Mega-sword Venusaur coming. Kings Sword and Queens Shield or RoyalSword&Shield or GigantaSword&Shield or however they will call them.

You all are too pesymitic.

Oh yeah, I forgot to respond to this part- that statement is completely untrue. Six of the first wave of Megas received type changes.

Charizard, Fire/Flying -> Mega Charizard X, Fire/Dragon
Pinsir, Bug -> Mega Pinsir Bug/Flying
Gyarados, Water/Flying -> Mega Gyarados, Water/Dark
Mewtwo, Psychic -> Mega Mewtwo X, Psychic/Fighting
Ampharos, Electric -> Mega Ampharos, Electric/Dragon
Aggron, Steel/Rock -> Mega Aggron, Steel

And out of the second wave, only four received them, so the first megas actually received more type changes.
Maybe they choose 3 without this time to hide the best? For me its weird that no type or ability change taking how huge and how they look.

Maybe they choose 3 without this time to hide the best? For me its weird that no type or ability change taking how huge and how they look.
Why would they hide that? It wouldn't be a big ground-breaking reveal after we already had that with Mega Evolution. Literally no one would be surprised by it.

How does size translate into type-changes? There's no "Giant-type." And Corviknight still looks like a Flying/Steel bird (in fact its appearance barely changed), Drednaw still looks like a Water/Rock turtle and Alcremie just went from Fairy whip cream to being a large Fairy cake- none of them look like any type other than the one they already started with.

In UltraSun&Moon we got redemption.
Well, we didn't get contests, or the PSS, or following Pokemon, so...still not an example of Game Freak bringing back features.
You all are too pesymitic.
We're listening to the words of Game Freak themselves. It's not pessimism, it's believing that the people designing a game won't add something if they say they won't add something.

Well, we didn't get contests, or the PSS, or following Pokemon, so...still not an example of Game Freak bringing back features.

We're listening to the words of Game Freak themselves. It's not pessimism, it's believing that the people designing a game won't add something if they say they won't add something.

You think they would ditch Mega Mawile?

I don't see why they wouldn't just make dynamixing pokemon who have mega evolutions make the pokemon big AND mega evolved. Seems like a slam dunk to me. You get to keep cool designs, and for the people that didn't like megas mechanically, it mixes things up.

I don't see why they wouldn't just make dynamixing pokemon who have mega evolutions make the pokemon big AND mega evolved. Seems like a slam dunk to me. You get to keep cool designs, and for the people that didn't like megas mechanically, it mixes things up.
Because the mechanics don't work the same way and reusing the designs would be confusing.

I just saw some image meme of pokemon on Facebook, and I was thinking, they could give the regular Exeggutor a Galarian form, with the coconuts replaced as skull faces, and it being Grass/Ghost instead. A real Halloween pokemon.

You all overinterpretate Masuda and Gamefreak words...
"Over interpret"? We're literally going by his statement.
What was in gen 7? Said... He only stated in this game not whole future games.
And what did he say about the dex cut? "This will be our policy for future games as well".

I hope the easy way to chain good IV's and training EV's as well as looking at those stats will be in Sw/Sh as well.

Anyways ever since Gen 5 introduced the Eviolite, which boosts the def and SpD of pokemon that can evolve, they haven't given an old pokemon a new evolution (except for ones that can already evolve, i.e., Eevee -> Sylveon). I kind of thought the Eviolite means GF will stop giving old pokemon new evolutions.

Which is gonna suck for pokemon like Sudowoodo, Trevenant, and even Magcargo. Am hyped for <8 hours if GF gonna give old pokemon new evolutions in Gen 8 but prolly not.

Anyways ever since Gen 5 introduced the Eviolite, which boosts the def and SpD of pokemon that can evolve, they haven't given an old pokemon a new evolution (except for ones that can already evolve, i.e., Eevee -> Sylveon). I kind of thought the Eviolite means GF will stop giving old pokemon new evolutions.

Which is gonna suck for pokemon like Sudowoodo, Trevenant, and even Magcargo. Am hyped for <8 hours if GF gonna give old pokemon new evolutions in Gen 8 but prolly not.
coughs in Farfetch'd.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom