• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also applies to other things... like rabbits. =P
Are rabbits good at kicking?
Hmm... a new leak that I don't think has been talked about.

This one feels interesting since nothing of it feels all that out there for Gamefreak. Also it helps explain something that has been bugging me about Eternatus.
I think we already seen this before.

Hmm... a new leak that I don't think has been talked about.

This one feels interesting since nothing of it feels all that out there for Gamefreak. Also it helps explain something that has been bugging me about Eternatus.
I like this one except the "not many new pokemon" thing. also certain pokemon not evolving because they're regional evos to other gens is extremely suspicious - they could evolve in all regions before this one, so can they be the same regional evo for 7 different regions?

really really want that cat fairy thing tho.

The problem with this one is that it's obviously piggybacking on the two credible leaks by using English names for everything but Meteordyna.

Also Switch Lite pretty much disproves the whole "alien that evolves depending on if the Switch is docked" thing.

Not really they have had weird evolution methods before. Plus they could easily make the evolution a split evolution, you get one if you evolve it undocked and one if you evolve it docked. That seems like just the type of hoop that GameFreak would have you jump through to make use of a systems feature and promote trading, I mean remember how you are supposed to evolve Inkay you have to hold the 3ds upside down to get it to evolve. Them making a evolution that is based on the Switch being Docked or not would be right up their ally.

Not really they have had weird evolution methods before. Plus they could easily make the evolution a split evolution, you get one if you evolve it undocked and one if you evolve it docked. That seems like just the type of hoop that GameFreak would have you jump through to make use of a systems feature and promote trading, I mean remember how you are supposed to evolve Inkay you have to hold the 3ds upside down to get it to evolve. Them making a evolution that is based on the Switch being Docked or not would be right up their ally.
You don't get it... the Switch Lite can't be docked.

You don't get it... the Switch Lite can't be docked.

Yes and that isn't actually a problem, it would promote people to trade between the people who have a switch that can be docked and a switch that can't be docked.

Yes and that isn't actually a problem, it would promote people to trade between the people who have a switch that can be docked and a switch that can't be docked.
regular switch would have an specific advantage for SWSH over switch lite in that case tho. would they do that?

Yes, nothing pleases fans more than selling a Switch without a feature and then having a pokemon evolve using that feature, thus forcing them to trade with someone hopefully locally... or fork out more money to be able to trade.

Plus I am pretty sure that they have actually stated that Sword and Shield were developed with handheld in mind, so there shouldn't be anything that would force you to use the dock.

And given that the Switch Lite was announced with the special Sword and Shield version, it would be one hell of a dick move to make it so you can't evolve a pokemon using that device.

Yes, nothing pleases fans more than selling a Switch without a feature and then having a pokemon evolve using that feature, thus forcing them to trade with someone hopefully locally... or fork out more money to be able to trade.

Plus I am pretty sure that they have actually stated that Sword and Shield were developed with handheld in mind, so there shouldn't be anything that would force you to use the dock.

And given that the Switch Lite was announced with the special Sword and Shield version, it would be one hell of a dick move to make it so you can't evolve a pokemon using that device.

Yes and I'm telling you that they would be willing to pull a dick move like that to promote trading, they basically halved customization for each version of SM by restricting colors to specific versions to help promote interaction between players. You had to know Brail to get the regis in Emerald, and you had to move them forward to Platinum to get Regigigas in Platinum and if you didn't have any of that you sol for getting Regigigas in Platinum. Unless you just hacked it in.

Yes and I'm telling you that they would be willing to pull a dick move like that to promote trading, they basically halved customization for each version of SM by restricting colors to specific versions to help promote interaction between players. You had to know Brail to get the regis in Emerald, and you had to move them forward to Platinum to get Regigigas in Platinum and if you didn't have any of that you sol for getting Regigigas in Platinum. Unless you just hacked it in.
I can't see them promoting the Switch Lite only to make a pokemon's evolution gimmick incompatible with it.

And "knowing Braille" isn't that hard if you just look it up anywhere.

I really like those numbers- they sound perfect to me. =)
bump that number closer to 100 and I'll be a happy camper
Also, I know this is a given since the Twitter account stated it, but I love that they said that Obstagoon is only one example of a Pokemon that evolves into a regional evolution. Like, obviously Linoone won't be the only one, but having them specifically say that Obstagoon is ONE example just sets my heart aflutter.

Hori is said to be releasing switch lite accessories at launch of the lite. perhaps one of them is a dock for the lite.

I can't see them promoting the Switch Lite only to make a pokemon's evolution gimmick incompatible with it.

And "knowing Braille" isn't that hard if you just look it up anywhere.

Yes but you are forgetting SwSh is first and foremost for the Switch not the Switch lite, the Switch lite is just a cheaper alternative, and already will have to deal with missing features for certain games, especially those that make use of the Joycons seperately from the system. In addition to that while the Lets Go games were made to focus on the console aspects of the switch it still made use of the handheld aspects so there is no reason as to why even though SwSh focuses on the handheld aspects they can't make use of the console aspects.

Yes but you are forgetting SwSh is first and foremost for the Switch not the Switch lite, the Switch lite is just a cheaper alternative, and already will have to deal with missing features for certain games, especially those that make use of the Joycons seperately from the system. In addition to that while the Lets Go games were made to focus on the console aspects of the switch it still made use of the handheld aspects so there is no reason as to why even though SwSh focuses on the handheld aspects they can't make use of the console aspects.
Why would they add a feature that requires a dock, though, if the games were designed to focus on handheld play?

And regardless, the rumor is still obviously piggybacking and holds no water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom