• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Probably they will. They could be traded in-game in a way similar to LGPE, where you trade a Galarian Zigzagoon for a Hoennian one, for example.
Yeah I can imagine they would do something like that. They might even do similar to Sun and Moon and have trainers traveling from other regions who have the original forms of these Galarian Variants.

Some a friend told me Morpeko's ability is likee Truant. In which it switches every turn. Gonna be tricky fighting and using that.

That's what the official website seems to indicate:

Morpeko’s Ability, Hunger Switch, is a new Ability introduced in these titles. This Ability causes Morpeko to change its appearance each turn. Morpeko’s signature move, Aura Wheel, changes type depending on Morpeko’s form. In Full Belly Mode, the move is Electric type, while in Hangry Mode, the move becomes Dark type!

Probably won't happen anytime soon or ever at all, but a Lapras pre-evo would mean an insta-buy for me.

So Morpeko sure is a thing. It might be my least-favorite Pikaclone since Plusle and Minun... why does it look so much more like Pikachu than the others? The body shape is much more similar than usual, and the borders of its brown and black patches even recreate the shape of Pikachu's tail on Morpeko's lower back.

So what Joe is saying is that since Galarian Form Pokémon have different stat distributions, GameFreak could lower their defenses/HP to a point where Eviolite wouldn’t be too overpowered if they held it thus opening the door for them to gain an evolution.

...which is irritating. The fact that some dumb held item is probably a big reason why a lot of Pokémon haven’t gotten cross-gen evos in over 10 years is ridiculous. Just change the item or remove it for pete sake....

Tsk! The solution for the Eviolite thing isn’t that complicated.

Just give a 50% defensive boost to Stage 1 Pokémon that can evolve and a 25% to Stage 2 Pokémon that can evolve.

There. You won’t have stupidly bulky Chansey and Porygon2 anymore while allowing older Stage 1/2 ‘mons to get new evolutions.

So what Joe is saying is that since Galarian Form Pokémon have different stat distributions, GameFreak could lower their defenses/HP to a point where Eviolite wouldn’t be too overpowered if they held it thus opening the door for them to gain an evolution.

...which is irritating. The fact that some dumb held item is probably a big reason why a lot of Pokémon haven’t gotten cross-gen evos in over 10 years is ridiculous. Just change the item or remove it for pete sake....
Actually, he's not saying that it's a stat problem... the issue with Eviolite is the same "issue" that prevented Eevee from just evolving with a Leaf Stone. GameFreak tries to avoid retcons, so they couldn't introduce new evolutions for any pokemon except for Eevee because suddenly Eviolite would work on a pokemon that it didn't work on before.

Though they could've given us more branched evos. >.> No one would've complained.

But regional variants are "different" so they can add new evos to them because it doesn't count as a retcon.

I probably should've linked this one instead-

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1159397225123975168

So Morpeko sure is a thing. It might be my least-favorite Pikaclone since Plusle and Minun... why does it look so much more like Pikachu than the others? The body shape is much more similar than usual, and the borders of its brown and black patches even recreate the shape of Pikachu's tail on Morpeko's lower back.
Maybe they branched off of a group of Pikachu on the brink of starvation?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom