• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. It's been my main game since its launch about a month ago.

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Blue Lions route. Still on part 1, will be facing the Death Knight tonight in the chapter where you have to rescue Flayn and "Monica". Got Linhardt recruited again, now I'm still working on Ferdinand and Lorenz, though I should be able to get them soon. Been using a mixture of methods mentioned to recruit them, it works just as well and I think a bit faster too, since apparently it lowers the main requirements after supporting them. Also got Shamir recruited too, I actually forgot you can recruit other faculty members, since in my last playthrough for Golden Deer I only got Hanneman, Manuela, and Seteth. Though I think for those three they join automatically after you're at a high level, from what I've read (not sure if it's specifically high professor level or actual level, as by the timeskip both were already pretty high for me).

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Blue Lions route part 1. Got Ferdinand recruited finally and even got Cyril recruited as well. Now I just need Lorenz, hopefully I'll be able to get him in time since the deadline for part 2 rolling around is coming. Though I have been reading that apparently Lorenz can be recruited post-timeskip, as somebody mentioned that during a battle the option to recruit him popped up. Can't confirm if that's true though obviously, so if I can't pre-timeskip then I'll try it out I guess.
Putting this part in spoilers though minor. Just finished the Remire Village mission and we see Dimitri get lost to his darkness in his mind, went from concerned to bloodthirsty real quick. Of course it's obvious why he gets like that pre-timeskip, but still interesting to see actually happen (though it's mentioned before this too, by Dimitri himself and others).

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Blue Lions route part 1. Just received Sothis' powers/blessings and killed Solon. Also before all that, after the ball got the Goddess Tower cutscene with Dimitri, since I'll be romancing him this time. Anyway, by this point Dimitri knows who the Flame Emperor is by the dagger "he" dropped while listening in on Solon's and Kronya's conversation. Tonight I'll be doing the Holy Tomb mission.

Also I noticed for a while, but the students in Blue Lions are actually better battle wise than the Golden Deer students for this run. Dimitri and Claude are both equal in being beasts though, I kind of figured they would anyway and I'm sure Edelgard will be similar when I do her route for the Black Eagles first. And while I like these two characters, I'm dropping Dedue and Mercedes for Ferdinand and Linhardt respectively. They are great for what they do, but I seem to have gotten lucky in having Ferdinand be a better tank than Dedue, and while Linhardt was great in my GD run he's actually a better healer unit this time compared to Mercedes. Overall though, students this playthrough are getting better growths than my last playthrough, and they level up faster compared to my GD students (except Claude, he got them level ups like it's nobody's business).

Nier Automata. Picked it up because Judgment was disappointing imo. Haven't been playing for long - I've just arrived at the resistance camp and completed two sidequests. Apparently 2B and 9S are off to a desert to meet up with someone? Can't wait to see where that goes.

P.S. The music is amazing, haven't liked a game's soundtrack this much since Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited:
Medieval II Total War: England. Feeling somewhat smug now - a skirmish in Brittany led to the French King Louis marching up from Touraine. My army retreated further into Brittany, while a Norman force descended on the French from Caen and routed them. King Louis barely escaped, and mercenary knights turned the victory into a decisive rout.

Apparently the French had had enough after that and sued for peace. Fine by me, it gives me space to continue to consolidate and organise armies. This being the case I've sent the Midlands army north to besiege Edinburgh. Strategically it's irrelevant, but conquering Scotland is one of the campaign objectives

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Blue Lions route now on part 2,
Got back to the monastery and had a cutscene where Byleth reunites with a now deranged Dimitri. Defeated some thieves and the other students came back as well, also got Gilbert in our team now. Had a conversation with Ferdinand about him deflecting from the Empire. Lorenz didn't return after the timeskip though, apparently certain characters will leave after the timeskip depending on the route you recruit them in, the same goes for Ashe in GD and Lysithea in BE apparently. So I have to recruit him again in a future battle, it makes sense why after playing Golden Deer last playthrough but still kinda sucks. Anyway, can't level up Dimitri's support just yet since text shows he's not ready to speak with anyone (most likely still thinking everyone around him are ghosts haunting him for their "deaths").

Fire Emblem Heroes, pulled Hubert! First summon too, got really lucky with that for sure. Now I'm gonna try for Hilda later tonight or maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to start Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux. Hopefully I will remember how to play this. Judging by what I have read online, I'll get the Law ending first since Law endings are apparently the worst ones, and I like to get the worst endings first and then get progressively better endings.

Also, the South American part of the intro is harsher in hindsight now, considering what has been happening in Venezuela. Ouch.

Currently I’m going through Nier: Automata with a friend because we made a pact to help other Platinum the game. Last night I fully upgraded every weapon and fought a certain secret boss, which was actually fun at a point in the game where I’m disgustingly overleveled for everything else. Some day I’ll do a third play-through of this game purely for fun, to see if I can finally get the most out of the game’s combat.

I also finally started up Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It is very different from the normal Metal Gear game with its level select and the weird PMC Tycoon side thing you have to do. Also you can’t crawl?! I’m having fun though, actually I’m managing to do most of the missions with perfect stealth and no kills, just the way I’d like to say I beat every other game (but I didn’t >_>).

Fire Emblem Three Houses

So I'd just reached a point in the game now where I made a second save state so I can go back later, select a different choice somewhere and play things out from there instead of starting fresh for just a choice.

I gotta say though once I'm done with my first house playthrough I don't think I'm gonna have the heart to do another playthrough in another house. At least for a little while.

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Blue Lions route part 2,
Just finished ch.16, The Rose-Colored River. Defeated the commanders this chapter and recruited Lorenz again, yes you do have to fight him then a dialogue box will prompt you to choose between recruiting him or no if you've already recruited him pre-timeskip. So I got him back now, after I completed the mission we had a moment were a girl wants to join the Kingdom's army. Take note that this girl is actually Fleche, Randolph's younger sister, her older brother is the one you personally kill during Dimitri's mocking conversation to him. She wants revenge for the death of her older brother, it's obvious that she's infiltrating our army but the characters don't know that yet. Anyway, will start on ch.17, Blood of the Eagle and Lion tonight. This will certainly be interesting from Dimitri's POV this time.

Fire Emblem Heroes, training Hubert currently. I conferred the Dark Blessing on him simply cause it fits so well with him, I also just decided to confer the Water Blessing on Dimitri and the Earth Blessing on Male!Byleth. If/when Felix and Linhardt are in a future banner, I might give Felix either the Dark or Fire Blessing and Linhardt Wind or Light Blessing, but of course that might change. (and no I don't use Blessings for competitive and whatever else that much, majority of the time it's aesthetic and thematic reasons for me regardless of what others say)

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

I love how the person that made a walkthrough I'm following doesn't know why this game is rated M, considering how risque some demons look. Hell, both cubus are in the game, that's enough reason for me to be M.

Also, since I was playing late at night, I could only do the intro of the game. Now I'm actually playing it.

I love how the person that made a walkthrough I'm following doesn't know why this game is rated M, considering how risque some demons look. Hell, both cubus are in the game, that's enough reason for me to be M.
lol isn't Mara in Redux as well? It's been a while since I've played it so I don't remember if he is or not, but yeah quite a few demons in the MegaTen series are pretty risqué so I don't know what that person is on about. Unless this is their first SMT game.

lol isn't Mara in Redux as well? It's been a while since I've played it so I don't remember if he is or not, but yeah quite a few demons in the MegaTen series are pretty risqué so I don't know what that person is on about. Unless this is their first SMT game.
Yes. Mara is in Redux. It is even the demon they gave away as "thanks" to the Megami Tensei Reddit. Seriously.

Just finished Fire Emblem Three Houses on the Blue Lions Path. Starting the Golden Deer. Just finished Chapter 6. ( I think. Can't which chapter number exactly though. )

We are sent to this tower to retrieve the Lance of Ruin from a disowned son ( Due to lacking a crest. ) Before I begin, I pointed out that I recruited Annette, Felix, Ingrid, Mercedes, by buying their supports via reown through New Game +. Anyway, after we get through a swarm of ruffians, we defeat the leader, but the lance's power turns him into a monster, one of many we will face. We kill the monster after defeating it three times, who returns to corpse of same the same ruffian, with the Lance unscathed. It is returned to the owners. Archbishop Rhea warns Byleth and their students not tell about the events, for they could wreck havoc if relics's ability of turning people into monster was known. As Claude and Byleth discussing the Secrecy of the Church, Tomas reveals that there has been several records of people turning into monsters because of relics, and the church destroyed all of them. This leads Claude to believe the church is hiding something. Edelgard joins us, questioning how Claude managed to be accepted into the Monastery and how he's the heir to the Alliance despite Duke Reigan's Eldest son's death. Claude mentions he has "noble dreams" for the future, and Edelgard hopes her dreams doesn't conflicts with Claude's. This is the big difference in Golden Deer when compared to Blue Lions: Dimitri takes pity on the ruffian, saying that he didn't deserve to be disowned and the conversation ends; but in Golden Deer there is much more emphasis on the church hiding something.

I finished Titanfall 2 last night so I'm planning on starting Final Fantasy X-2 next.... we'll see how it goes. I've always said that I despise this game but I've never given it a fair shot so I'm going to try!

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Blue Lions route part2,
Completed ch.17 last night. I'm at ch.18 right now but haven't had time at all to start it yet, will tonight though. Anyway, for ch.17 I wiped out Edelgard's army first then Claude's; also thank you Claude for sweeping one of the beasts for me lol. I noticed since the timeskip for Blue Lions, enemy hit rates have been low but still hit me; I mean my units can tank them but I'm dreading from ch.18 on it's gonna be like Thracia's enemies RNG hit rates. I love FE5 but having enemies with very low hit rates still hitting me, but my 90-100% hit rate doesn't land is frustrating; seriously when fighting one of Edelgard's units, he had a 4% hit rate compared to Ingrid's 99% and the enemy still hit! Didn't do a lot at all (only 1% damage) but it still stings when the RNG hates you for letting enemies low hit rates still land. Well, at least my Felix is a speedy dodge-bot, so he's the only one of my units enemies won't be hitting lol. Got off track, anyway we killed Randolph's sister after she killed Rodrigue (RIP best daddy), I disagree with others for the opinion in that Byleth should have turned back time to save him; I really like him too but his death is crucial for Dimitri's character development, serves as a big wake up call to him for how he's been acting.

Fire Emblem Heroes, I made a new team full of four stars this time. The characters in question are Male!Morgan, Berkut, Picnic Leo, and Reyson. Morgan and Reyson both are lv.17 with +5, Berkut and Picnic Leo are lv.16 with no merges. Not really sure what exactly I'm gonna do with this team since for now they're doing the Training Tower. Maybe I'll switch out my current defense team with this one once they are lv.40 (and Morgan and Reyson get to +10) and have specific skills, just to see how many defense wins I pull with them.

Back
Top Bottom