• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Thankfully, there not all Kanto all this time. I'm so glad they are bringing back cross-generation evolutions after 12 years, even if its only to regional varaints. I'm hoping for a Rapidash evolution that is based off a Pegasus. I'm still surprised that there is yet to be a pegasus Pokemon yet.

Thankfully, there not all Kanto all this time. I'm so glad they are bringing back cross-generation evolutions after 12 years, even if its only to regional varaints. I'm hoping for a Rapidash evolution that is based off a Pegasus. I'm still surprised that there is yet to be a pegasus Pokemon yet.
And it better be fire/fairy if it does happen!

I wasn't big into the pokemon scene in Gen 4, I was in high school and thought I was too cool for this, but wasn't there a lot of backlash to the gen 4 cross gen evos? I seem to recall them being really unpopular at the time.

I wasn't big into the pokemon scene in Gen 4, I was in high school and thought I was too cool for this, but wasn't there a lot of backlash to the gen 4 cross gen evos? I seem to recall them being really unpopular at the time.
Yes, because the designs on the whole seemed uninspired or ugly (and, for some, unnecessary).

Regional evolutions avoid that issue entirely, since they will only apply to species that already will have a new concept given to them. I mean, some may still be ugly... But they shouldn't feel uninspired this time.

I honestly liked the evolutions gen IV introduced, the pre-evolutions as well. We could easily use some more pre-evolutions for big, "mature"-looking single-stage 'mons.

Gen 4 is still probably my favourite, and I love the evolutions, maybe with the exception of Rhyperior, which would look better i it still had those ear-things. Other than that all of the new evos are really cool imo and are either better designs or logical upgrades to the design, and some of them (Gallade, Weavile, Honchkrow) are some of my all-time favourites, so I would love for more cross-gen evos. This is a big step in that direction and I love it. Personally I'm hoping for some "regular" cross-gen evos though, especially for gen 4-7 mons. I could see like a third stage for Floatzel, Scrafty and especially Helolisk, which imo still just looks like a middle stage.

If anything, there would have been backlash that certain level 100 pokemon, could not evolve.

A level 100 Tangela could no longer evolve, because it couldn't learn the move Ancientpower upon leveling up. A level 99 Tangela could, though, using a Heart Scale.

Magmar and Electabuzz however could evolve at level 100 as they just had to be traded.

Literally every Pokemon that evolves from a certain level up cannot evolve at level 100 as far as I remember so not a real issue.
They didn't exist before DP. It isn't a big issue and I've never even thought about it before now, but I'd imagine that some people who transferred their Pokemon were disappointed. Especially as the idea was rather gimmicky and didn't explain why Piloswine and Lickitung couldn't evolve before.

I only took issue with Electivire, Magmortar and Rhyperior. At least you could use Eviolite on their pre-evolutions if you didn't like them, but Linoone is essentially being replaced.

It really isn't. This seems like a compromise.
How is Linoone being replaced exactly? Linoone is still there. It's still can do all the things it could before. From how I see it, the Galarian variant is a compleletly new thing thanks to a different typing. Moreover Galarian Linoone with a eviolite can be a thing too.

Galarian Lioone will get access to Eviolite, yes. Only diehard fans of the original Linoone will use it instead, and it's unlikely to show up outside of remakes.

That Linoone would be better off if Obstagoon were entirely new.

I personally love Electivire and can't really see how people like it less than Electabuzz but to each their own. I still think it should've been Electric/Fighting though, it has that brawler asthetic. Maybe Galarian Electivire (probably not though xD)

A galarian I decided I want to see otherwise I'll be disappointed. Galarian Granbull, a Fairy/Fighting type. It's gets really wrinkly which makes it have an even more grumpy disposition, but the wrinkles help fend off attacks and weather, meaning it get's the abilities Overcoat and Thick Fat. For neat little idle animation, to show it's ready to fight, it rolls up the wrinkles on it's arms like sleeves and goes into a boxing stance.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom