• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I also think we need an orc of some sort. Probably Impidimp's evolution (if it isn't some kind of demon).

Also a Banshee.

Emboar

aM I A jOkE tO U?

Naw, I know what you mean, but it's worth mentioning that some Orcs are quite Pig-like. I even read on some D & D origin lore, that the word itself even correlates to the Welsh term for orc; which actually is pig. Maybe it'll be an excuse for Game Freak to create the actually viable demonic Boar like creature, that people wished Emboar had been.

Emboar

aM I A jOkE tO U?

Naw, I know what you mean, but it's worth mentioning that some Orcs are quite Pig-like. I even read on some D & D origin lore, that the word itself even correlates to the Welsh term for orc; which actually is pig. Maybe it'll be an excuse for Game Freak to create the actually viable demonic Boar like creature, that people wished Emboar had been.
I guess this explains why Dragon Quest orcs look like pigs.

There is nothing that would make this idea balanced in any way- it gives the user an unfair advantage. Period.

we have moves and abilities like Thief , Knock Out, Pick up and Covet, Pluck, Unnerve, Instruct.
I think this idea is very good balanced taking all other things like Shedinjas Wonder Guard, Megas , Z-moves and D-max/G-max.
3 turns would be perfect taking now megas restrictions. Interesting how people would react to it?

There’s going to be one of these on every team and it’s going to be Anything Goes exclusive on Smogon, ruining the metagame.

Not if Magic Bounce and Telepathy users and Ghost types would be immune to it.
Taking that it would need make physical contact to invade a body maybe abilities like static, flame body and others could activate and induce status and stop the ability and pokemon?
Stealth rocks and weather could hit it before it can take over a oponents pokemon?
If it would be ghost with this ability of course.
It wouldn't be strong.

Other questions what other types and abilities would you make immune to it's abilities effect?

What if it could posses and control a pokemon only after having physical contact with them like using a physical move the first turn? then many shielding moves could help to.

Switching moves are one thing but if it would take down a host with Aftermath it self would get damaged after it hosts would faint. Because it would be left on the battlefield.

What if it would be a 1hp pokemon like Shedinja? then could control bodies by switching in, would need to worry of weathers and many different other situations... there is also Scrappy or Inne Focus that could be used to protect some pokemon from it's ability.

I think the best way to handle a Pokémon with a possession ability would be if it worked like Transform does. It keeps it from becoming too OP that way.

I think the best way to handle a Pokémon with a possession ability would be if it worked like Transform does. It keeps it from becoming too OP that way.
Explain? How should it work? No ghost type ditto. Transformation after fainted oponent would be Skinwalker or Nacromancy. Possesion is going into a body and controlling it and no transformation.
3 turns... Maybe make user of ability faint with host if taken down? Then could be till it faints or is switched out. But did I mention it would need first to switch out to again posses a new host? Movepool and moveset and its own stats also would need to be taken into consideration.

But maybe people dont understand it will need to switch out to posses the next pokemon. To do so you waste a turn on switching.

Last edited:
Explain? How should it work? No ghost type ditto. Transformation after fainted oponent would be Skinwalker or Nacromancy. Possesion is going into a body and controlling it and no transformation.
Basically, when the Pokémon being possessed faints, the user should faint as well. Also, the moves of the possessed Pokémon replace the original moves of the poltergeist. If you switch out, then the Pokémon being possessed goes back to the proper trainer.

Basically, when the Pokémon being possessed faints, the user should faint as well. Also, the moves of the possessed Pokémon replace the original moves of the poltergeist. If you switch out, then the Pokémon being possessed goes back to the proper trainer.

Yes thats right. Should and could be so actually. Maybe boost all stats of possesed one?

I though that when host/possesed one faints and goes back to its trainer then the possesor is left but cant move till next turn. Would need to use batton pass or
u-turn to get switch out. Lets say possesor has speed 60. It would posses before turn begin when send out. Like said if it battles pikachu and static works it gets paralyzed and would not posses pikachu. What stats for such a pokemon? Movepool and moveset when it could not posses the oposite pokemon?

Some abilities like magic bounce, inner focus would make users immune to possesion. Other Ghost types also should be immune.
___
Hmmm did they changed sleep mechanic again when creating a new fairy sweet veil user? Could it be that we get new sleep inducing moves, abilities.

Last edited:
We got a European Badger with Galarian Obstagoon.

And a hamster that changes type via move.

Interesting if old pokemon with Aura wheel could type change?

Interesting if old pokemon with Aura wheel could type change?
Aura Wheel will probably be Morpeko's signature move and no one else will be able to learn it. Like King's Shield. It's very clearly tailored specifically to that pokemon.

And Aura Wheel doesn't change Morpeko's type, its ability does.

Can someone clarify something for me? Does Morpeko change type upon form change or is it actually just always Electric/Dark? If it switches back and forth that’s lame; I want a new type combo :<
Oh, actually- yeah, I'm pretty sure that Morpeko's type doesn't change, only its form does. And that in turn affects the type of Aura Wheel.

Definitely a Stance Change/King's Shield scenario here, so I very much doubt that any other pokemon will be able to learn Aura Wheel.

Oh, actually- yeah, I'm pretty sure that Morpeko's type doesn't change, only its form does. And that in turn affects the type of Aura Wheel.

Definitely a Stance Change/King's Shield scenario here, so I very much doubt that any other pokemon will be able to learn Aura Wheel.
Would be cool to get more of that. Interesting if Darmanitan could get a zen mode other form when using it? I know kings shield is signature move but some other pokes would not hurt.

Aura Wheel will probably be Morpeko's signature move and no one else will be able to learn it. Like King's Shield. It's very clearly tailored specifically to that pokemon.

And Aura Wheel doesn't change Morpeko's type, its ability does.

It states that after using it. Some other pokemon could get similar abilities and moves and others could reuse them in future.

"Aura Wheel move changes from Electric to Dark type"

I just got it, I was like "well that is not quite grammaticly sound", but the MOVE changes type, it's always Electric Dark and Aura Wheel switches between the two. Jesus that was more difficult for me than it had any right to be xD

"Aura Wheel move changes from Electric to Dark type"

I just got it, I was like "well that is not quite grammaticly sound", but the MOVE changes type, it's always Electric Dark and Aura Wheel switches between the two. Jesus that was more difficult for me than it had any right to be xD
Still think there's one little detail missing. I think Morpeko switches between types as well, otherwise why would Aura wheel change types if Morpeko's always Electric/Dark?

Still think there's one little detail missing. I think Morpeko switches between types as well, otherwise why would Aura wheel change types if Morpeko's always Electric/Dark?
Because it's determined by its form? If it changed types, I'm sure they would have said that when they introduced it, instead of saying that it's Electric/Dark.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom