• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I was still hoping that they would be decent enough to give it something... CoroCoro was hot for news during Sun and Moon, we got stuff weeks ahead of trailer reveal, but they sure as hell cut it out of the loop this time. As much as I like the fewer trailer drops, the lack of CoroCoro is really disappointing.

Yeah I don't expect much from CoroCoro, but still seeing absolutely nothing from them is just so weird. I kind of miss the days of the few new Pokemon they would reveal, or just fun things.

I don't want to expect much at worlds, but I do hope it's more than Impidimp. If I remember correctly from Worlds 2016, we actually had like 4 Pokemon revealed in a trailer. I wonder if we will see something like that this year, or just a new Pokemon or a new form. I just hope it's more than something we have already seen.

Now that'd be funny to say... if we ever find out Galarian Weezing doesn't evolve. ;p
If Galarian Weezing comes from a regular-looking Koffing caught in Galar, then it probably won't be able to evolve further, as it would seriously mess things up.

Also, full lines are shown most of the time with regional variants.

If Galarian Weezing comes from a regular-looking Koffing caught in Galar, then it probably won't be able to evolve further, as it would seriously mess things up.

Also, full lines are shown most of the time with regional variants.
Aha! Now that's another workaround for the eviolite!

So if regular Koffing can evolve into both regular Weezing and Galarian Weezing, and only the Galarian Weezing can evolve, then an eviolite has no effect on regular Weezing, only the Galarian Weezing!

I think that if Weezing would have evolved, they would have shown It and Koffing too. Like with the zizagoon line.
I have to say that with all these forms the dex is becoming a bit too complex. They could have given regional forms to same pokemon and cross gen evolutions to some others. I know, It would have made less sense, but It would have been way easier.

Aha! Now that's another workaround for the eviolite!

So if regular Koffing can evolve into both regular Weezing and Galarian Weezing, and only the Galarian Weezing can evolve, then an eviolite has no effect on regular Weezing, only the Galarian Weezing!
No, Weezing probably won't have an evolution if he evolves from a regular-looking Koffing. It would have been shown probably, as well.

IDK, I think the concept of regional evolution makes perfect sense lore-wise, so I'm fine with it. In retrospect, it's like... If the Alolan sun made Exeggutor so much taller and all that, why couldn't it have also made it evolve? The different stressors of a particular region causing form/type changes also makes perfect sense for causing an evolution to occur that would not at all be necessary to exist in a different region.

But anyway, I do think we'll get something from Worlds. I'm kind of still hoping on the mid stage starter evos! Only because of that series of tweets from some Dark ho-oh account that accurately spelled out multiple true things that happened at E3 (Pokémon and otherwise) that also stated we would see starter evos in August. This account could very well have insider event knowledge, since everything was about E3, and worlds is the August Pokémon event... So we'll see.

IDK, I think the concept of regional evolution makes perfect sense lore-wise, so I'm fine with it. In retrospect, it's like... If the Alolan sun made Exeggutor so much taller and all that, why couldn't it have also made it evolve? The different stressors of a particular region causing form/type changes also makes perfect sense for causing an evolution to occur that would not at all be necessary to exist in a different region.
Regional evolutions aren't a bad idea... but I don't like the idea that we might never get cross-gen evos again for non-regional variants. =/

Also don't like one form of a pokemon getting something over the other form. This feels as unfair to regular Linoone as Stoked Sparksurfer was to regular Raichu.

Regional evolutions aren't a bad idea... but I don't like the idea that we might never get cross-gen evos again for non-regional variants. =/

Also don't like one form of a pokemon getting something over the other form. This feels as unfair to regular Linoone as Stoked Sparksurfer was to regular Raichu.
To be fair, many people thought we would never get cross-gen evos at all outside of eevee again.

To be fair, many people thought we would never get cross-gen evos at all outside of eevee again.
We were still hoping for them, though! It's nice that we are getting them but... I'm just not a fan of the implementation, unless we get normal cross-gen evos again. But with the Dexit policy, I dread how they're going to handle pretty much everything, making every game into its own pocket dimension. Ew. =/

I still hope that we might get pre-evos again one day, too. Lapras, Kangaskhan and Tauros/Miltank babies are such a popular wishlist item.

Regular cross-gen evos could return one day. This is just them refreshing regional variants for this game. 10 years from now, things could be totally different and they could easily be like "remember those cross-gen evos we did for Sinnoh 20 years from now? We're bringing the concept back! #vintage"

Honestly, with how unpredictable Gamefreak has become, I would not be surprised if they added new regular cross-gen evos for the eventual mid-gen Sinnoh remakes. They made new Pokémon for USUM, nothing is stopping them from doing anything going forward. And cross-gen evos really were Sinnoh's "thing", looking back.

Regular cross-gen evos could return one day. This is just them refreshing regional variants for this game. 10 years from now, things could be totally different and they could easily be like "remember those cross-gen evos we did for Sinnoh 20 years from now? We're bringing the concept back! #vintage"

Honestly, with how unpredictable Gamefreak has become, I would not be surprised if they added new regular cross-gen evos for the eventual mid-gen Sinnoh remakes. They made new Pokémon for USUM, nothing is stopping them from doing anything going forward. And cross-gen evos really were Sinnoh's "thing", looking back.
I don't know...I feel like cross gen evolutions came back because of gen 4 remakes, which most likely will introduce some new ones. It was one of gen 4 main features, so I wouldn't hold my hopes for next or the others gens to keep introducing new ones.

I don't know...I feel like cross gen evolutions came back because of gen 4 remakes, which most likely will introduce some new ones. It was one of gen 4 main features, so I wouldn't hold my hopes for next or the others gens to keep introducing new ones.
Have we ever gotten completely new pokemon in remakes tho? unless you count meltan

Have we ever gotten completely new pokemon in remakes tho? unless you count meltan
The time when things could not happen because of past games has past. With dexit, games within the same generation will not be totally compatible anyway, so I don't see why not...

Back
Top Bottom