• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be too pessimistic. The battle will last until the next episode, and we've seen single-episode 3 v. 3 battles before. So I have full confidence this can be a good battle.
I’d be more optimistic, but these writers have just been so lackluster with this league. In the past sagas, even though short, the leagues still felt like a big deal. This league just hasn’t even come within spitting distance of that and feels more like a formality than anything else. If these writers want the benefit of the doubt, they’ve gotta earn it.

Staff lists courtesy of Dephender

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

Adamant said:
The one that saved Hoshi when she was in trouble was Gladio. Hoshi reminded him of Lilie when she was younger. And then the first match of the semifinals begins: It's Kaki VS Gladio, a battle between two older brothers with younger sisters.
Adamant said:
Kaki's little sister Hoshi has come to Manalo Stadium to cheer for her brother. But then the Skull Gang shows up and Hoshi gets in trouble, though she's saved by Gladio, Kaki's opponent in the semifinals. It turns out Hoshi reminded him of his sister Lilie when she was younger.
Meanwhile Suiren is crying in the corner because she's not cool or male enough to be a part of their Secret Imouto Club.

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

It's the semifinal match between Kaki and Gladio! What kind of battle will we get between the red-hot Kaki and the cool and collected Gladio?! Kaki's little sister Hoshi rushes over to cheer Kaki on as this battle between two older brothers begins!!

Summary:
It's the Alola Pokémon League semifinals, and today we're getting the match between Kaki and Gladio! Kaki's little sister Hoshi has come rushing over to cheer. However, she runs into the Skull Gang and the situation gets somewhat tense?! And the one who shows up to save her is... not her reliable brother Kaki, but Gladio?! Hoshi gets worried about Kaki when she sees how strong Gladio is... and the the fully powered battle begins! Kaki uses Fire Pokémon to battle with burning passion, while Gladio has calmly and cooly mastered a variety of Pokémon. How will this battle go?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Kiteruguma
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Keiichi Nakagawa: Lugarugan
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Saki Endo: Plumeri
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Ryota Iwasaki: Skull Gang Member
Ayano Shibuya: Hoshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

At least this isn't going to be another meme battle like Ash vs. Hau, but at the same time it's difficult to root for Kiawe when we know he's gonna lose because of plot and he's also terribly overrated as a battler anyways so he deserves the L.

Kiawe is a great battler that deserves to be top 4/semi-finalist!

Does this confirm the semifinals is more than 1 vs 1, I think I only see Turtonator in there? maybe Gladion's and Kiawe's mons share voices with other characters.

Mimo is really adorable. I have to say that the battles and the progression of the side characters are much better than those from Ash, the main hero. I like slapstick, and even I think they went way too overboard with them in Ash's battles.

Mimo is really adorable. I have to say that the battles and the progression of the side characters are much better than those from Ash, the main hero. I like slapstick, and even I think they went way too overboard with them in Ash's battles.
Well if what we’ve seen of Guzma this league is any indication, the slapstick is over and Ash’s next battle will be completely serious. With Guzma, you bring your A game or you get brutalized to no end because he doesn’t care if you’re an adult or child, rookie or veteran, he gives no quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom