• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Who could get the third starter? (Speculation)

Psytrainer

The Azure Mystic
Reaction score
Today's trailer really shattered my initial theories concerning the owner of the third starter. With Marnie's ace confirmed to be Morpeko and the implication that Bede's signature hasn't been revealed yet (i.e., How he's only been seen with a Duosion, a non-native Pokemon), their identity remains to be seen. Because it is probably going to be a while before we learn this information, I wanted to begin speculation on who could possibly receive the third starter Pokemon. To leave off with my thoughts, I believe that Sonia will come to possess the third starter. This is primarily because, as her grandmother's assistant, she would be one of the people with the easiest access to it.

I think there was a theory that Hop could get the other two starters you don't pick. I think that would be cool if it turns out to be true. Sonia would be a good option too, similar to how Lucas had the 3rd starter as Rowan's assistant. If not, maybe Magnolia herself will have it.

My theory still stands that Hop gets both. If not, nobody takes it I guess. Just left behind. Which kinda makes me feel bad.

I think Sonia is a good possibility, and Hop having 2 seems pretty reasonable as well, seeing as his brother is Champ and all. My hope is though that Bede has it, seeing as he definitely does seem like the jerk rival, and the jerk rival is not complete without their starter that is strong against yours.

Either Bede or Marnie could get one that's strong against yours.

Odds are, Bede uses Galar starter, while Marnie's gonna have an Eeveelution alongside her Morpeko. Probably ones with advantage, similar to Hau's Eeveelution in Gen 7.

would be cool if oponents get also starter from other regions like Champion Leon. Not necessary gen 1.

Bede looks like a candidate. Marnie rather will get Coviknight.

Remember gen 5 poison type gym leader?

Bede gets it. Considering he had a Duosion already, this encounter was somewhat later, in starter evolution territory, so they aren't gonna reveal that one yet. Them showing an earlier generation Pokemon and not a Pokemon that has already been revealed, means that he has an ace that is not revealed yet, but also confirms he doesn't have a Pokemon that has already been revealed.

I think Bede will get the third starter.

I recently watched a video where the speaker stated that Hop and Bede are standard rivals, the friend and the jerk respectively, while Marnie is something new that doesn’t fit into either category. It would make sense that Bede got the stronger, third starter because he’s the jerk rival while Marnie doesn’t because she doesn’t fit the standard rival dynamic, similar to Gladion. Plus, as others have mentioned, Bede was shown with a Dousion while Marnie was shown with a Morpeko, most likely her ace. Bede will probably have a new Pokémon as his ace, and the third Galar starter could fit that role.

Bede gets it. Considering he had a Duosion already, this encounter was somewhat later, in starter evolution territory, so they aren't gonna reveal that one yet. Them showing an earlier generation Pokemon and not a Pokemon that has already been revealed, means that he has an ace that is not revealed yet, but also confirms he doesn't have a Pokemon that has already been revealed.
I'm going with Bede for the same reason. His Solosis evolved, so his starter did too, and they did not want to show it yet.

Side note: this might also mean none of the starters gain a psychic type, right? Unless they don't mind him sometimes having two psychic types sometimes. I don't recall past rival teams enough to know if that's something they avoid.

I'm going with Bede for the same reason. His Solosis evolved, so his starter did too, and they did not want to show it yet.

Side note: this might also mean none of the starters gain a psychic type, right? Unless they don't mind him sometimes having two psychic types sometimes. I don't recall past rival teams enough to know if that's something they avoid.

Hau didn't share a Starter typing (Unless you count Noibat and Rowlet in USUM). However, in gen 6, the rival had both Absol and Meowstic (Which means that only with Chesnaught, the rival didn't share a typing).

Bede's gotten his endorsement from Rose, so it would seem like he got his starter in a different place and time from you and Hop.

Starters goes to Magnolia so they can replace Oak's final battle, we wanted and they alre1dy showed us that they know about itin LGPE, and best of all , no kanto. Jokes aside, I think Bede will get the 3rd starter

Starters goes to Magnolia so they can replace Oak's final battle, we wanted and they alre1dy showed us that they know about itin LGPE, and best of all , no kanto. Jokes aside, I think Bede will get the 3rd starter
I still doubt that, otherwise they would've shown him with it in the last trailer

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom