• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing how brutal Guzma is gives me hope that Ash's battle with him isn't gonna be laughs and gags. Ash's battles in the league have been among the worst, so hopefully his last two will make up for it.
You should be more worried that Mr. Jun'ichi "Incredible" Fujisaku doesn't ruin SM138 and lets the more competent writer do well for the true finals in SM139.

I'm just ready to see Guzma go completely apeshit and have him steamrolled into the ground by Ash.

I hope Golisopod gets its revenge on Torracat so Ash has to use another pokemon after it gets sent back out

2-0 isn't a good battle

IF they want to make a story out of such a crushing defeat on Guzma's end though.....

You can use such thing if you really wish to.

I'm hoping Ash surprises everyone and uses his Firium Z somewhere in all this. To my knowledge, he hasn't even mentioned that thing since he got it.

That would just make it even worse for Guzma.
No...It can't be!

Based on the information we have right now, it seems that Guzma's "undefeated" status is a result of him running from a battle, mostly thanks to Golisopod's Emergency Exit, when the situation starts looking dire. But what will happen here, where he doesn't have the chance to run?

I'm hoping Ash surprises everyone and uses his Firium Z somewhere in all this. To my knowledge, he hasn't even mentioned that thing since he got it.
Fire Z-Move on Golisopod. Greatest idea EVER!

If it were by Kukui, I'd agree

But this is Ash

Sun & Moon Ash

Can't Even Train His Pokemon Properly Ash

Guzma is battling Kukui's student. Heck, the reason Guzma even agreed to battle Ash in his debut episode is because he was similar to Kukui.

They've been pushing the idea that Ash is Kukui 2.0, so by proxy, Guzma is battling his old rival.

Barely Even a Trainer This Saga Ash...

He completed all of the Island Trials. That makes him as much as a trainer as you can be in Alola. Plus there have been more training scenes than in either of the previous two series.

Last edited:
Ash is Kukui 2.0. He's battling his old rival's student. Heck, the reason Guzma even agreed to battle Ash in his debut episode is because he was similar to Kukui.

Now I want to see an art of older Ash dressed like Kukui, which should be easier to draw given the lack of a shirt.

(Would Ash wear a different jacket type though?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom