• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Who could get the third starter? (Speculation)

We might get yet another rival later.

I think this is the case, considering in the introduction scene for the Gym Challenge, there's the protag, Hop, & two unknown characters who definitely aren't Bede or Marnie.

I figured it was Magnolia, since Leon would have to see you battle to give the endorsement, but I can't find confirmation of either.
I'm confused... Bede has a different starter because he has a different endorser, but here you think the endorser isn't the one to give you the starter. So how does any of it mean that Bede doesn't end up with the starter strong to yours?

I'm thinking that Hop will get the Starter that's weaker than our's, but that Bede will get the other Starter that's strong against our's.

I'm confused... Bede has a different starter because he has a different endorser, but here you think the endorser isn't the one to give you the starter. So how does any of it mean that Bede doesn't end up with the starter strong to yours?
My reasoning is that if Leon is endorsing the player, he'd have to see the player battle first. So, it seems likely that, even though Leon doesn't give you the starter, Leon still watches you battle Hop. Bede is being endorsed by Chairman Rose, and it seems unlikely that Rose would be at the scene where you get your starter-and if he was, why is Rose giving out one endorsement while Leon is giving out the other two? It wouldn't make much sense to make a big deal about Rose endorsing Bede if the circumstances were near-identical otherwise. So it seems to me that Bede was endorsed by Rose in other circumstances, separate from you choosing your starter, meaning that Rose watched Bede battle with a Pokemon that wasn't one of the Galar starters. Bede is also described as "skilled at Pokemon battling" and "has other objectives beyond the Gym Challenge"-that certainly doesn't sound like a beginning trainer to me.

My reasoning is that if Leon is endorsing the player, he'd have to see the player battle first. So, it seems likely that, even though Leon doesn't give you the starter, Leon still watches you battle Hop. Bede is being endorsed by Chairman Rose, and it seems unlikely that Rose would be at the scene where you get your starter-and if he was, why is Rose giving out one endorsement while Leon is giving out the other two? It wouldn't make much sense to make a big deal about Rose endorsing Bede if the circumstances were near-identical otherwise. So it seems to me that Bede was endorsed by Rose in other circumstances, separate from you choosing your starter, meaning that Rose watched Bede battle with a Pokemon that wasn't one of the Galar starters. Bede is also described as "skilled at Pokemon battling" and "has other objectives beyond the Gym Challenge"-that certainly doesn't sound like a beginning trainer to me.
I agree with you on all of that. I still think it's pretty likely that Bede will have the starter strong to yours, though. He doesn't have to get it the same day or time (or from the same person) as you get yours, but he'll still conveniently have what you're weak to. Or at least I hope.

What do you think could be his signature?
I personally don't think any of the new mons fit him, other than maybe impidimp or duraludon or something.
We've probably haven't seen what his ace could be yet, unless there is a Galarian Reuniclus. Personally I can see him with Impidimp. Matches his devilish personality, plus he's pink and purple like him.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom