• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has pokemon had a history of revealing fossil pokemon or is that something we normally just discover? I think that event would have been a cool place to show the fossils at least before reviving.

Tyrunt and Amaura were revealed in Corocoro and their evolutions were revealed by IGN.

Although, I don't think the release patterns of anything before 2013 are really all that useful as a reference point anymore, and even the 2013 model is falling by the wayside in terms of relevance.

Last edited:
I wonder what kinds of fossil Pokémon would be in Galar, if there are any this Gen.

Thinking back now to the August 7 trailer, they really only showed new Pokémon that had a very specific reason to be shown. Morpeko was only shown because it is always next to Marnie, Galarian Zigzagoon was only shown because Team Yell always uses them, Obstagoon was only shown in order to reveal regional evolution (and they chose Obstagoon specifically because they already were going to show Zigzagoon), and now we know Galarian Weezing was really only shown because they wanted to show off its new ability the following week.

Unlike past promo cycles, they are really only showing something if it serves a specific purpose in telling the audience something, and not just showing off new Pokémon or forms for the sake of showing them off. It's very interesting.

I wonder what kinds of fossil Pokémon would be in Galar, if there are any this Gen.

I figure there will be. Isn’t Britain known for its fossils? And besides, Alola has a semi-decent reason for no fossils. As for what kinds of fossils, my guess is Iguanodon and Megalosaurus as well as other species present in Crystal Palace Park.

Thinking back now to the August 7 trailer, they really only showed new Pokémon that had a very specific reason to be shown. Morpeko was only shown because it is always next to Marnie, Galarian Zigzagoon was only shown because Team Yell always uses them, Obstagoon was only shown in order to reveal regional evolution (and they chose Obstagoon specifically because they already were going to show Zigzagoon), and now we know Galarian Weezing was really only shown because they wanted to show off its new ability the following week.

Unlike past promo cycles, they are really only showing something if it serves a specific purpose in telling the audience something, and not just showing off new Pokémon or forms for the sake of showing them off. It's very interesting.
I don't mind that at all except that it makes me uneasy that there may be the same amount or less pokemon than last gen. Or that again many didn't evolve (that was super disappointing to me)

that there may be the same amount or less pokemon than last gen.

I figure this will be the case as Pokémon follows a pattern regarding the number of new Pokémon in a generation. Johto has less new Pokémon than Kanto, Hoenn has more new Pokémon than Johto, Sinnoh has less, Unova has more, Kalos has less, and Alola has more new Pokémon than Kalos. Going off of this pattern, Galar should have less new Pokémon than Alola. Of course, patterns can be broken but it’s not too unlikely that we’ll have less than 86 new Pokémon.

Do we not have a stegosaurus Pokémon yet?

I just realized have people actually not been claiming a dolphin this time around? I am so shocked! I thought that was like a staple must have leak anymore!...which probably means we would get it this time because that’s how that always seems to work. I would die of laughter. Anyway. I’m surprised I have seen nothing with that.

Edit: do they do an indie showcase ever year, or will that replace our direct ya think?

Last edited:
Although it did increase my love of corviknight, but something new (aside from trashing my galarian arcanine dreams) would have been nice.
Your Galarian Arcanine dreams should've been trashed way before they even revealed Galarian forms. XD It was Dynamax'd during E3's Treehouse Live.

so we have 3 more large trailers left i guess? (1 per month?)
Probably at minimum, yeah.

I'm thinking that we may have reached the stage of having two per month, but I could be wrong. Just feels like the last few months would be a good time to really start building the hype more.

Whens Gamescom, and couldn't there be more new stuff on Worlds till Sunday? Sunday's the last day.

Hopefully a video a day.
Gamescom starts on the 21st.

I guess the closing ceremony could have something, but I wouldn't hold your breath. And there definitely won't be anything tomorrow, there's no time in the schedule for it.

Not really. Gamescom is 100% in the same boat as Japan Expo and is more likely to have nothing revealed at it, especially being so close after Worlds.

Probably so, although for what it's worth, in 2016 they did reveal a new Pokémon at each one - Turtonator at Gamescom, and Crabrawler at Worlds.

Probably so, although for what it's worth, in 2016 they did reveal a new Pokémon at each one - Turtonator at Gamescom, and Crabrawler at Worlds.
Yeah, I do know that, but those were also just single pokemon reveals, so Worlds getting a full trailer instead doesn't feel like they're likely to reveal anything at Gamescom so soon after.

I guess some more information showed up on the pokemon website.

Also, the site does online features like battling does rely on Switch Online service. Don't even need a Global Link account. Now I wonder how they'll handle Home. Hope they don't expect you to handle 2 suscriptions

I knew there was another arcanine! I thought I remembered that, but when I went looking at videos the other day I could not find it.

Also, the site does online features like battling does rely on Switch Online service. Don't even need a Global Link account. Now I wonder how they'll handle Home. Hope they don't expect you to handle 2 suscriptions
i wouldn't hold your breath; you're probably likely to need two subscriptions, though they might try some type of bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom