• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So pokemon like silvally and Arceus will return to be normal types even while holding the plates? What about the form change?

Its a ability. Will it still work in battle if user galar weezing faints? I dont think Wishiwashi is pointless if Gastro Acid and this ability would take out those abilities. Those are really rare situations.

Its a ability. Will it still work in battle if user galar weezing faints? I dont think Wishiwashi is pointless if Gastro Acid and this ability would take out those abilities. Those are really rare situations.
Does... any ability ever still work when the pokemon is off the field? I'm gonna guess no.

What do you think will happen if you have two Galarian Weezings on the field in a double battle?

Arceus ability should be special but Sylvaly
So pokemon like silvally and Arceus will return to be normal types even while holding the plates? What about the form change?

But should legendaries work better with their stats? Some abilities should be special but why all or too much of them?
One pokemon one ability and one move gastro acid and smogon forbids legendsried bc they are too OP.

@Oriden

Aftermath ?
Intimadate and status reductions caused by abilities?
Cursed Body?
Status conditions inflicted by abilities.
But a good idea to create better abilities in future. Abilities that work after users faint.

What do you think will happen if you have two Galarian Weezings on the field in a double battle?
I think that has to do with the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

Imagine you send out you G-Weezing and it nullifies your partner pokemon's ability. And if the opponent G-Weezing's ability is nullified next, it will unnullify everything else (bring back everyone's abilities). Or, if the algorithm is to look for opponent G-Weezing's 1st, and nullify his ability thus bringing everything back, it will continue to nullify everyone else's ability.

But knowing these situations GF will prolly take all that into consideration so nothing gets unnullified.

I think that has to do with the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

Imagine you send out you G-Weezing and it nullifies your partner pokemon's ability. And if the opponent G-Weezing's ability is nullified next, it will unnullify everything else (bring back everyone's abilities). Or, if the algorithm is to look for opponent G-Weezing's 1st, and nullify his ability thus bringing everything back, it will continue to nullify everyone else's ability.

But knowing these situations GF will prolly take all that into consideration so nothing gets unnullified.
I'm guessing it'll just go the simple route.

The faster Weezing nullifies all abilities on the field, including the slower Weezing. Once faster Weezing is knocked out, the slower Weezing's ability is now active, therefore changing nothing.

@Oriden

Aftermath ?
Cursed Body?
But a good idea to create better abilities in future. Abilities that work after users faint.
Aftermath happens when the user faints, not after, and lasting effects are just the result of the ability's effect, which is inflicting them.

I'm guessing it'll just go the simple route.

The faster Weezing nullifies all abilities on the field, including the slower Weezing. Once faster Weezing is knocked out, the slower Weezing's ability is now active, therefore changing nothing.
Hey, my post was in regards to if you take out a G-Weezing when there already is a G-Weezing in the field.

But as far as taking them out at the same time, the thing you have to understand computers never do 2 things at the same time. They always do something in order.

But my post was about double battles where do you nullify your partner's pokemon ability 1st, or opponent's.

@Oriden

Aftermath ?
Cursed Body?
Aftermath is different, it triggers when your pokemon faints but it doesn't last for the rest of the battle.

Cursed Body's effect has a limit and runs out after four turns.

Status conditions don't really count. For example, Flame Body inflicts a burn upon the opponent. Flame Body inflicted the status, but it isn't keeping the opponent burned, so taking the pokemon with Flame Body off the field does not end the status, but Flame Body is not still in effect for the next pokemon on the field- they're not going to suddenly start burning other pokemon too.

In all cases, the Ability's effect ends once it is taken off the field or runs out sometime after. So unless Neutralizing Gas is a terrain move, it will last only while Galarian Weezing is on the field. And I'm sure that if it was a terrain move, they would have been kind enough to mention that it only lasts 5-8 turns.

Given that G-Weezing's ability technically nullifies all abilities but Neutralizing Gas, I imagine that it wouldn't cancel out an opponent's Neutralizing Gas. You would just have two pokemon on the field doing the same thing.

The faster G- weezing nulifies the slower one's ability .
The slower GW faints:nothing changes
The faster one faints:its ability is no more effective and the other G-weezing's ability activates

Um, I think the question is if G-Weezing's ability nullifies other G-Weezings with the same ability, not itself.....
Alright... end result is still the same- all pokemon but G-Weezing will have their abilities nullified and Neutralizing Gas will still be in effect. The simple answer to why this is is because two Neutralizing Gas can't possibly cancel each other out. If two abilities whose effect is nullifying other abilities try to cancel each other out, then that would mean that all abilities would be active again on the field- including Neutralizing Gas. You can't nullify Neutralizing Gas without a Neutralizing Gas being active.

Even if Neutralizing Gas could nullify the ability of one of the G-Weezings on the field, it wouldn't make a difference because Neutralizing Gas would still be in effect. And as soon as the G-Weezing nullifying the other G-Weezing's ability is taken off the field... the other G-Weezing's Neutralizing Gas would kick in and all other abilities would still be null.

In the end, no matter what the scenario is, Neutralizing Gas will be in effect as long as a G-Weezing is on the field.

Back
Top Bottom