• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but what would leave Team Yell?

Well, they could still follow her around and oversupport her and mess with Ash and the other companion(s) or other rivals/Pokémon Trainers. Marnie being a companion wouldn't necessarily change Team Yell and their goal or the way they act.

Well, they could still follow her around and oversupport her and mess with Ash and the other companion(s) or other rivals/Pokémon Trainers. Marnie being a companion wouldn't necessarily change Team Yell and their goal or the way they act.
Yet the animator for SM on Twitter did say that SwSh will not be like SM, so what makes you think it would be like SM?

Yet the animator for SM on Twitter did say that SwSh will not be like SM, so what makes you think it would be like SM?

... I... never said that? All I was saying is that, just because she's one of the PC's rivals doesn't mean that she has zero chances of being a companion (since the anime can break its "patterns" and deviate from its usual structure), nor would it really affect Team Yell and their actions in a major way.

... I... never said that? All I was saying is that, just because she's one of the PC's rivals doesn't mean that she has zero chances of being a companion (since the anime can break its "patterns" and deviate from its usual structure), nor would it really affect Team Yell and their actions in a major way.
Yes, but I still feel like Marnie would make a very interesting rival for Ash. A sort of Rika from Digimon Tamers type of character.

Rika wasn't even a rival, at least a rival in pokémon sense.
No, but she has the personality of being a rival

Whatever fans cry, beg and want, doesn't mean that the anime would give them such. Especially Western Fans!

Somehow Marnie doesn't seem to fit with Ash.

Last edited:
Then Mary can be a companion with a personality of being a rival...

Including you...

There is a shipping subforum you can use...
I don't call myself a fan. And I don't wish to start arguments so can we please end with thiat.

Also, what's this to do with shipping?

All I'm saying is that Marnie being a companion is unlikely.

Yes, there is... if you make comments like these.
I was talking about those that are extremists and highly obsessive fans that cry and wine over anything they don't like, such as the recent Dexit fiasco. Haven't they ever heard the term ''Longsuffering''? I personally didn't like Milo at first, but has since grown a liking. But do I start raging and complaining to GF with death threats over this? No. I just take it in like a good soldier. What GF goes goes, and there's nothing we can do about it.

All I'm saying is that Marnie, to me. doesn't seem to fit well as a companion as Ash, that does not mean I would start complaining if she became a companion. It's just something I would have to get used to.

Disagree.I think Marnie would actually work pretty well as a companion. She comes off as stoic and aloof and that is a nice contrast to someone who is extroverted and excitable as Ash. The contrast in personalities could lead to some funny/memorable moments.

Disagree.I think Marnie would actually work pretty well as a companion. She comes off as stoic and aloof and that is a nice contrast to someone who is extroverted and excitable as Ash. The contrast in personalities could lead to some funny/memorable moments.
Ash's companion could still be someone else though, we haven't yet seen the other Gym Leaders.

I think she looks too aloof in the games though and I doubt that she'd be much different in the anime. Like, I'm not against serious characters in general, but I can't foresee her fitting in with Ash if she's gonna be quiet and pragmatic all the time. There's contrast and then there's simply not fitting in, and I don't trust the writing staff to know where the fine line is.

I think she looks too aloof in the games though and I doubt that she'd be much different in the anime. Like, I'm not against serious characters in general, but I can't foresee her fitting in with Ash if she's gonna be quiet and pragmatic all the time. There's contrast and then there's simply not fitting in, and I don't trust the writing staff to know where the fine line is.

It depends on how it is written. If Marnie has no reaction towards Ash, then yeah it won't work. But if Marnie gets exasperated with Ash's energetic behavior then it can work. Plus, if she is a companion she will likely mellow out as the series progresses.

It depends on how it is written. If Marnie has no reaction towards Ash, then yeah it won't work. But if Marnie gets exasperated with Ash's energetic behavior then it can work. Plus, if she is a companion she will likely mellow out as the series progresses.
Or she could do that as an interesting rival to Ash. People are only making her a companion just because she has a Pikaclone, when all we know Gloria could probably catch one and act as some sort of rival to Marnie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom