• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

In before they are a new thing where offensively they are fighting type, but defensively they are steel type.

This convo is a little older but it’s odd to me that people are still expecting this news cycle to be the same as our past ones (e.g. starter evo reveals). I would think we’d have ascertained by now that this news cycle is very different in a lot of ways and nothing is really off the table.

XD How can either of you tell? It just looks like a holographic colorful background to me.
It looks alot like the background of Solgaleo to me who is steel type on that card before they show the mascots. it is only a guess.

It's really weird that they go through so much to hide these types, though. Even Xerneas and Yvetal were revealed in July, and Xerneas was a new type. What's so special about Zacian and Zamazenta that merits this much secrecy?

I think it’s less that the Z-wolves are anything special, and more that GameFreak wants to reveal very little information about these games, especially after they spoiled a ton of stuff about SM. So that’s why they’re all secretive and stuff. Also, showing the typings in some new TCG card art would probably steal the thunder for a big typing reveal, if GameFreak chose to do that. It just wouldn’t have as much impact whereas being all secretive and stuff would make people rather interested in the typings and the actual reveal all the more exciting.

Edit:

Oh, here are the cards if anyone else wants to admire them and try to make heads or tails out of the background color-

View: https://youtu.be/Ati83flws44?t=286

Gotta be honest, though, I don't think the cards whose art extends to the entire card actually have a type color indicator for the background.

I love the action-movie-trailer music playing when the cards and V are revealed. It’s humorous having such intense music playing when revealing some trading cards lol.

Last edited:
I think it’s less that the Z-wolves are anything special, and more that GameFreak wants to reveal very little information about these games, especially after they spoiled a ton of stuff about SM. So that’s why they’re all secretive and stuff. Also, showing the typings in some new TCG card art would probably steal the thunder for a big typing reveal, if GameFreak chose to do that. It just wouldn’t have as much impact whereas being all secretive and stuff would make people rather interested in the typings and the actual reveal all the more exciting.
I kinda get that, but every other Pokemon this season has had its type revealed alongside it, and it doesn't make much sense to hype up a Pokemon's type combination if it's just two existing types.

They sometimes do, but it's hard to tell apart from the background art in some cases. And this is assuming that these V cards don't do anything special with their types, too.

It's really weird that they go through so much to hide these types, though. Even Xerneas and Yvetal were revealed in July, and Xerneas was a new type. What's so special about Zacian and Zamazenta that merits this much secrecy?
I guess it could be for lore reasons- if Zacian and Zamazenta are really secretive, they could be trying to express that now by not revealing much about them.
The Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta

These are the Legendary Pokémon that will be featured on the packages of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. They are shrouded in mystery and are even unknown to those who live in the Galar region.

...gonna go with yeah, they're just hyping up the world lore.

Gawd I hope that doesn't mean we won't learn anything about them until release day.

I think they’re going to talk a little about Zacian and Zamazenta, even if only to help people decide between them.

But yeah, I think they might not say much about them due to lore reasoning of them being unknown in Galar.

Apparently the research lab is in the first town while the house with the big tree on the right is just the Professor house.
She can still continue research in her own home, I guess. The two being similar in colour lead to them being connected, in my opinion.

As suspected by the lack of Pokémon centers in the map, the towns are bigger, with even two more stores then the center in the starting town. Given how small the starting one is on the map, it reassures me on the later, bigger ones.

One point, though: either they’ll show more this week, maybe directly on the site, or the tweet was completely misleading.

They don't reveal things just because of "unique dual typing"- it really isn't as exciting to reveal as you think. They haven't even officially revealed Impidimp yet so no attention has really been drawn to its type on their part- pretty sure you could even challenge it in the demo without noticing what type it was unless you took the time to figure out how to analyze it.

G-Weezing's reveal was to show off Galarian forms and then its ability at Worlds, since it would actually have an impact on competitive, which is what Worlds is all about.

I assume you meant "fan wishes" and I don't see how when Dialga and Skarmory have existed for a long time now.

Their typing should have beein used more. So many possibilities for uniqe and good pokemon. Hope impedimp and galarian weezing get Scald.

The director chose the secret path with not much informations... Maybe they hope that discreet means better sells.

Is that really it? They said they would talk more about known Pokemon. This trailer didn't really cover any Pokemon, just the town.

Impedimp? Dark/fairy.

Hmm maybe reveal moves or evos?
Seriously they like to surprise.
Hmm maybe more about those what we know but are not sure like the squirel and the coro coro images...

Is that really it? They said they would talk more about known Pokemon. This trailer didn't really cover any Pokemon, just the town.
Pokémon Twitter will reveal new facts. This is the gamescom video. They're different things.

Point #100000 about how this cycle is different: they didn't even say what the town's name is! That's wild. They're showing so so little, and this obviously isn't about there not being much to the games.

Their typing should have beein used more. So many possibilities for uniqe and good pokemon. Hope impedimp and galarian weezing get Scald.

The director chose the secret path with not much informations... Maybe they hope that discreet means better sells.
Why would they get Scald? They're not water-types and have nothing to do with heat or water.

Well, it’s interesting that they’re just now quietly confirming that yes, boutiques and Trainer Customization are returning in these games, and that you can take a train between towns, as was originally speculated.

So far they seem to really be focusing on Dynamax and the Stadiums with these official trailers - which I do not think are going to be the best parts of these games. I mean obviously they haven’t been released yet so we don’t really know for sure, but if the teasers for the Gen VII games are anything to go by, I would suspect that some of the features that are being glossed over or have yet to be revealed, will end up being peoples’ favorite parts of this Gen.

Back
Top Bottom