• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon and Gym Battles/Trials

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Here's a question that has been on my mind for a bit: Out of all of Ash's Pokemon (from Pikachu to his most recent catch), who has fought in the most Gym Battles and who fought in the least number of Gym Battles? I ask this because I am curious (plus I'm feeling lazy enough to not bother doing it myself).

Talonflame (7 gym battles) and then Charizard (6 gym battles). I think Cyndaquil is up there as well.

Yeah, Pikachu being number one is a given. I was thinking more of who came in second.

Talonflame had 7/8 in Kalos, meanwhile Noivern had 0 so I assume he has the least when referring to permanent team members. Primape also didn't get any, but he only had that thing for a few episodes so idk how much it counts. And then, Poipole and Meltan were never used in a trial/kahuna battle. But again, Poipole was also temporary.

He would have gotten one had Ash decided to use it for Erika. I think Pidgeotto also only has one match...The battle for the Cascade Badge.

Wasn't Pidgeotto used against TR in Giovanni's place at the Viridian gym?

I think so...
checks
Yup, he does use it for that Gym Battle.

Pidgeotto was used to battle Geodude, Starmie, Venonat/Venomoth and Rhydon

Noctowl and Totodile were only used once in Johto
Torkoal was only used against Norman, Ash only caught Snorunt before the eighth gym giving him little time to use it
Scraggy was only used against Brycen
Gible and Noivern weren't used in gym battles

Wow. Poor Gible and Noivern. It's good that ash did not use Noivern for the 8th Gym because of that quad weakness to ice.

I think Buizel had three Gyms? I remember Maylene, Wake, and...Who else?

Wow. Poor Gible and Noivern. It's good that ash did not use Noivern for the 8th Gym because of that quad weakness to ice.

It's hard to feel that bad for Gible in this case. I don't think that late series captures tend to be put in a lot of Gym battles. I think that they could have given Noivern at least one Gym battle since it was caught in the middle of XY, but I believe it would have been at a pretty huge disadvantage in all of the remaining Gyms by the time it learned to fly.

It's hard to feel that bad for Gible in this case. I don't think that late series captures tend to be put in a lot of Gym battles. I think that they could have given Noivern at least one Gym battle since it was caught in the middle of XY, but I believe it would have been at a pretty huge disadvantage in all of the remaining Gyms by the time it learned to fly.
Yeah. Wulfric is an Ice type Gym, so Noivern would have been at a huge disadvantage.

Here's a question that has been on my mind for a bit: Out of all of Ash's Pokemon (from Pikachu to his most recent catch), who has fought in the most Gym Battles and who fought in the least number of Gym Battles? I ask this because I am curious (plus I'm feeling lazy enough to not bother doing it myself).

For most gym battles throughout the series it's mostly Talonflame and Charizard. The least has to be Pidgeotto or Primeape

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom