• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galar still has a monarchy?
As far as we know, no. But then again, when was the last time we saw something related to the government in Pokémon?
I personally think Galar should have a royal family, as that’s as much a part of Britain’s culture as sports are. Without that, Galar would have to rely more heavily on sports-based stuff from what we’ve been shown thus far. Such an exclusion in favor of doubling-down on more sports culture seems like a waste for a county with such a rich history.

I personally think Galar should have a royal family, as that’s as much a part of Britain’s culture as sports are. Without that, Galar would have to rely more heavily on sports-based stuff from what we’ve been shown thus far. Such an exclusion in favor of doubling-down on more sports culture seems like a waste for a county with such a rich history.

Eh, monarchy is not my favorite thing, sorry. I'd rather there be no monarchies in the game.

I thought pokemon had some sort of one world government?
Maybe instead of royalty maybe there is just some iconic people for the region that people outside of Galar know about or think of when Galar is mentioned. Champions kinda take that role though.

Man if it means less of the sports focus, then heck yeah hit me up with the Galar royals. If they don't own Yampers, though, you know they can't be legit.

I hate monarchs (government in general tbh) so i hope they arent there but i imagine there will be something like the descendants of an old royal family. iirc, Grimsley was, and I think Acerola was too? Kalos also had that castle and talk about royal families. it makes sense for something along that line to be there

I thought pokemon had some sort of one world government?
Looker says he's part of International Police, and you can't have international without nations. There's also police forces in different regions, implying some sort of laws there, which would have to be made by some form of government. And sometimes the rules, change, too-Johto and Kanto let Pokemon roam freely beside trainers, but Sinnoh only allows it in a certain park. Drayden is also mentioned to be the mayor of Opelucid.

Is it just me, or has it felt like this news cycle has been a lot slower. We've only seen about 16 new Pokemon, not many new features yet, though we know a good chunk of new characters. Its probably because they have introduced us to much fewer Pokemon than Sun and Moon's news cycle did, and the fact that Corocoro has been showing us nothing new.

The september trailer is about 2 weeks away, so that's something at least.
i'm also expecting them to reveal the special gift bonus for those who get the game early (torchic for XY, rockruff for usum etc)

i'm also expecting them to reveal the special gift bonus for those who get the game early (torchic for XY, rockruff for usum etc)
If we get a September trailer. They could just stay silent until release now, since it's a little over 3 months away.

Wasn't the gift'mon already revealed to be Larvitar and Jangmo-o for the versions they won't be obtainable in? I know you have to actually catch them, but they're more or less gift'mon.

Perhaps the early adopter's gift will be a Piplup with a Gigantomax Form to either it or Empoleon.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has it felt like this news cycle has been a lot slower. We've only seen about 16 new Pokemon, not many new features yet, though we know a good chunk of new characters. Its probably because they have introduced us to much fewer Pokemon than Sun and Moon's news cycle did, and the fact that Corocoro has been showing us nothing new.
yeah ive seen lots of people mentioning how slow the news cycle is. some are happy about it but others not so much
also @dvor i think the bonus gift is larvitar for one game and the other has a different pseudo legendary. ill edit this if i can find which it is or for which game which is for

edit: i was too slow.

Wasn't the gift'mon already revealed to be Larvitar and Jangmo-o for the versions they won't be obtainable in? I know you have to actually catch them, but they're more or less gift'mon.
I don't think that counts, since that promotion is only for pre-orders, not for early adopters- early adopters is everyone who buys soon after release, not only people who preordered the games.

The last few generations have all referenced royalty and kings in some regard, what the chances of a Galar Family Line ? Maybe we could have some knight like characters like Wikstrom again lol

In the original versions, Alola's Kahunas are island kings and queens.

I think the same since sinnoh remake are pretty likely to be next
They aren't, to be honest. I think that Larvitar and Jangmo-o are the early buy bonus Pokemon, although you have to catch them, it still works the same way.

They aren't, to be honest. I think that Larvitar and Jangmo-o are the early buy bonus Pokemon, although you have to catch them, it still works the same way.
I see you haven't read the previous post?

I don't think that counts, since that promotion is only for pre-orders, not for early adopters- early adopters is everyone who buys soon after release, not only people who preordered the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom