• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

It most probably floats since fat floats, and it’s big enough for the player to sit on. Maybe the player uses paddles to move Snorlax?

Tauros surfing is more weird to me...
Cows can swim.

I once saw an image of a Tauros on a surfboard with sunglasses on. Hilarious.

Relicanth :
  • Aqua Ring
  • Clanging Scales (Huntail and Gorebyss should learn that when they evolve with Scale items, all pokemon that involve scales, steel feathers and natural exosceletons)
-Accel rock
-Ice shard(learns 2 ice moves already)
-First Impresion against grass types (weird but we have so many water/rock and water/ground pokemon that it wonders me why they don't get ice shard or something to hit grass actually)
-needs a healing move
___

We need a starter pokemon with Parting Shot.

Greninja could have got it but maybe Samurott, Chesnaught, Emboar?
Hmmm taking that Delphox is a witch/magician then maybe it should too?

Last edited:

Game Freak explain

uses it's gas and mystical energy to make it happen. Electric gas, cloud.
Imagine that it's gas forms a fist and don't negate it.

it's evolution Haunter like should learn all multi hit moves that hit twice or more a target with those flying fists of it, even Arm Thrust would make sense. Yes Double Hit was nice but Haunter with Arm Thrust would make sense taking anime episode Ash vs Morty where it used those fists.

Hmmm Skarmory should get a electric physical move
___

Scyther:

• Dual Chop
  • Sacred Sword
  • Smart Strike
____
Orangurus signature move should be given to pokemon what have similar roles or look like they could instruct others with magic and charisma.
The Move Instruct:

Mr Mime
Vespiqueen(queen)
Delphox(wizard)
Jynx(power of voice? Psychic)
Empoleon(napoleon)
Primarina(sirene)
Bannete(puppet master, ghost and wires)
Slowking(king, him I would give Kings shield)
Wobbufet
Dusclops(with fear)
Farfetched(charisma)
Machamp(fitness instructor)

Last edited:
What are the criteria to get Arm thrust?

Crabominable would need that after Alola.
___
Tangela should learn infestation, has powder moves

Used to be a useful move for Gengar back in the days before the physical/special split, now is a relic of a meta long past. Also the reason why Alakazam has these moves.
Gengar was capable of learning Thunder as early as Gen 1, though-it didn't really need it. (Plus, they could have just had Gengar learn it and keep it off Ghastly)

There are some Pokémon that learn Explosion that kind of bothers me. This list includes:
  • Lickilicky: Uh, why is tonguezilla able to go kablooey? I don't like the prospect of this at all!
  • Garbodor: I don't want trash on the walls.
  • Vanilluxe: How... It seems oddly cruel for something as fragile as an ice type to literally explode
  • Skuntank: Again, why. Exploding the stench to the point of self-fainting seems to not be a trait of a skunk

I think Normal types get a little too much leeway with TMs. Here's a fun little list:

• Raticate
  • Furret
  • Tauros
  • Dunsparce
  • Linoone
  • Slakoth
  • Delcatty
  • Lopunny

Any guess on what they all have in common?

They can all learn Blizzard and Thunder by TM.

Back
Top Bottom