• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
September's CoroCoro will leak anywhere from about 11th to 14th of September. Togedemaru and Rockruff appeared in Anime Merch in Late August 2016 so I expect something similar here.

September's CoroCoro will leak anywhere from about 11th to 14th of September. Togedemaru and Rockruff appeared in Anime Merch in Late August 2016 so I expect something similar here.
Anime merch haven’t been shown this year, only to come out in game’s release.

Well, I think they're keeping it quiet and careful especially with the recent Dexit controversy. If they manage to piss off more people like how they did when SM anime was revealed and the drastic difference between it and XY then they'll end up breaking the final straw and lose a ton of viewers.

Well, I think they're keeping it quiet and careful especially with the recent Dexit controversy. If they manage to piss off more people like how they did when SM anime was revealed and the drastic difference between it and XY then they'll end up breaking the final straw and lose a ton of viewers.
It wouldn’t make any difference, they’ll show whether people like it or not, regardless of Dexit

Also...

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1163495980869668864

Expect there to be more news and clues to what we might expect for the anime in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Do they really care about viewers though? Each Pokémon Series has received a big boost in ratings whenever it starts compared to the previous series when it ends. Even SM no matter how hard people raged at it when it was revealed received a boost in Ratings when it started. Bottom-Line is, they don't care about Anime Fans or how many people view the Anime. It's just a promotion for the games. Plus, each Pokemon anime series has always been revealed after Ash got destroyed in the League.
It wouldn’t make any difference, they’ll show whether people like it or not, regardless of Dexit

Also...

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1163495980869668864

Expect there to be more news and clues to what we might expect for the anime in the next couple of days.

TPCi is just basically a dummy company that just manages distribution of Pokèmon Products in the West. Nothing they ever have said has been relevant.

Do they really care about viewers though? Each Pokémon Series has received a big boost in ratings whenever it starts compared to the previous series when it ends. Even SM no matter how hard people raged at it when it was revealed received a boost in Ratings when it started. Bottom-Line is, they don't care about Anime Fans or how many people view the Anime. It's just a promotion for the games. Plus, each Pokemon anime series has always been revealed after Ash got destroyed in the League.

TPCi is just basically a dummy company that just manages distribution of Pokèmon Products in the West. Nothing they ever have said has been relevant.
dummies or not, it remains to be seen for the next few days. Unless that recent trailer of the starting town is what we're only going to get.

Is it just me or is Hop's head really big in that scene above, compared to Victor's I mean? Is this something that we'll have to deal with in the ShSw saga too?

Ok, I have a question I'd like to see discussed. Ignoring the art style factor, who would you want to see as Ash's traveling companions and why?

Ok, I have a question I'd like to see discussed. Ignoring the art style factor, who would you want to see as Ash's traveling companions and why?
We won’t know until September.

But if I have to guess based on what we have in the cast so far, and what we've had in the past, I would say...

Gloria - because she fits the mold to what Ash’s companions typically are, similar to that of Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena, Mallow, Lana, Lillie, etc... If starter, I also imagine her picking Grookey, since no Playable Character based companion has even had a Grass starter. May and Serena a Fire Type, whilst Dawn a Water Type. Plus compaired with Scorbunny and Sobble's personalities, Grookey's curiosity and love for music seems to fit Gloria better.

and

Milo - because of the personality he has being huge but big on heart, similar to the other male/Gym Leader companions such as Brock, Cilan, Clemont, Sophocles, Kiawe, etc...

As much as I like to see something different, I somehow have a gutt feeling that this is the direction they'll likely go. It'll also be very interesting to see Gloria's Rotom Phone interacting with Ash's.

Speaking of which, when you think about the Pikaclones we've had in the past...

Non-Trainer Owned...

Raichu - usually acts as a rival to Pikachu.
Pichu - usually scamps and troublemakers to Pikachu.
Plusle and Minun - Hardly known what their personalities were, or if anyone major owned them.

Trainer Owned...

Pachirisu - Owned by the Female Player, Dawn.
Emolga - Owned by the Gym Leader, Iris.
Dedenne - Journeyed with the Little Sibling in the group, Bonnie.
Togedemaru - Owned by one of the Students, Sophocles.
Morpeko - Owned by a Rival, Marnie

So I can expect Morpeko being something similar to Raichu when it comes to Pikachu. Not least because it is part Dark Type and having Hangry Form.

So yeah, if the female companion or Gloria would have an electric Pokemon, it would probably be Yamper.
Or Milo, since in the Gym Trial you use Yamper to heard Wooloos.

Last edited:

Definitely Gloria because I like her design and it's been a minute since the female PC was on the main cast, so I'd like to see her utilized in SwSh.

Honestly I would love it if Ash would only travel with one other person, but since they've always had a minimum of 3 characters in the main cast, I'll choose another. As for right now my only other choice would be Victor because I really do not want Ash traveling with a gym leader because I'm honestly tired of that by now (I also don't think it's fitting considering Galar's culture). I don't see Hop and especially not Bede traveling with Ash, so right now, my only choice is Victor. With Victor they have the freedom to do what they want with him instead of him being locked into something the games would have for him.

I feel like everyone here has explained who they want to see Ash travel with in Galar at least once a day for the past three months, but for the people in the back I'll reiterate that my go-to picks are Gloria and Milo. But I might change my mind as more characters get introduced.

I think in less than a month or so the new anime will be announced

Image result for surprised pikachu

I feel like everyone here has explained who they want to see Ash travel with in Galar at least once a day for the past three months, but for the people in the back I'll reiterate that my go-to picks are Gloria and Milo. But I might change my mind as more characters get introduced.

Image result for surprised pikachu
Let's hope there's another trailer soon. Probably in early/mid september. Or by then the trailer would be revealed in September's CoroCoro

Honestly I would love it if Ash would only travel with one other person, but since they've always had a minimum of 3 characters in the main cast, I'll choose another. As for right now my only other choice would be Victor because I really do not want Ash traveling with a gym leader because I'm honestly tired of that by now (I also don't think it's fitting considering Galar's culture). I don't see Hop and especially not Bede traveling with Ash, so right now, my only choice is Victor. With Victor they have the freedom to do what they want with him instead of him being locked into something the games would have for him.

Well Satoshi does represent the male PC in every saga so I don't see the anime staff using the game male protagonist as a third companion. Although I can see they doing something no one expects, like discarding a 3rd sidekick or, who knows, make Satoshi travel on his own? (As absurd as those sound)

Yuri/Gloria, because I think the female PC should be represented.
Mary/Marnie, in the case that they don't make her a true rival.
Onion/Allister, because he's the most feasible gym leader, yet.

Well Satoshi does represent the male PC in every saga so I don't see the anime staff using the game male protagonist as a third companion. Although I can see they doing something no one expects, like discarding a 3rd sidekick or, who knows, make Satoshi travel on his own? (As absurd as those sound)
This could actually be a good idea... in SM, we see Ash doing mundane chores, cooking .etc. that could very well make him self-reliant. Maybe alternating stories between Ash and another character that intertwine/merge down the line.

Kind of like how ASoIaF/GoT have these multiple/branched stories, gives more writing options outside of the mundane loops we saw in the past.

The writers aren't going to do multiple storylines that intertwine, at least not for any significant length of time. They kinda tried that with the Mega Evolution specials by showing glimpses of Alain's journey before merging his storyline with the main plot of X&Y, but that was minor compared to what y'all seem to have in mind. Focusing on Ash and occasionally his friends one at a time is just easier for the writers than focusing on multiple character arcs from different points of view simultaneously, and if there's one thing that I've learned these past two decades it's that the showrunners will take the easy route 10 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom