• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never the less, the leak that made the Urban Area leak did predict Alcremie.
They wrote "whipped cream Pokemon". That's not even a full description of Alcremie. So, it was partially right about one thing, completely wrong about how Gigantamax forms work, and included a racial stereotype. It's not worth reconsidering.

4Chan users saying extremely racial stuff is sorta what the site is known for. Also, not saying you’re wrong or anything, but the leak said we’d get one resembling “a prehistoric black man”, which I sorta interpret as a humanoid Pokémon made out of stone.

4Chan users saying extremely racial stuff is sorta what the site is known for. Also, not sharing you’re wrong or anything, but the leak said we’d get one resembling “a prehistoric black man”, which I sorta interpret as a humanoid Pokémon made out of stone.
However, the description could be seen as racist, and the franchise has already had to deal with that can of worms.

4Chan users saying extremely racial stuff is sorta what the site is known for.
I know. My point was that this person was claiming that Pokemon was doing it. It wasn't just the user saying slurs or mocking people, they said that Pokemon was designing a Pokemon based on a racial stereotype.
Also, not sharing you’re wrong or anything, but the leak said we’d get one resembling “a prehistoric black man”, which I sorta interpret as a humanoid Pokémon made out of stone.
Well, it said literally nothing about stone, so.

Hasn't anyone heard the saying ''Sticks and stones may brake my bones but words don't hurt me?''

I don't look at the skins, I look at the facts within the leak, ans so far it had proven the Whipped Cream Pokemon Alcremie, and Whipped Cream is what it is. As for this prehistoric thing? It remains to be seen. It may not even be a black man as many would thing, but instead be something completely different.

Hasn't anyone heard the saying ''Sticks and stones may brake my bones but words don't hurt me?''

I don't look at the skins, I look at the facts within the leak, ans so far it had proven the Whipped Cream Pokemon Alcremie, and Whipped Cream is what it is. As for this prehistoric thing? It remains to be seen. It may not even be a black man as many would thing, but instead be something completely different.

Somewhat sorta agree with this. For all we know, the black man comment could’ve been an exaggeration, which 4Chan users also love doing.

Have you heard about how racial stereotypes were used to justify terrible treatment of black people for centuries?

And telling people to remember "words don't hurt me" doesn't really make sense on a forum with rules not to make harmful comments. Words do have an impact on others.
I don't look at the skins, I look at the facts within the leak, ans so far it had proven the Whipped Cream Pokemon Alcremie, and Whipped Cream is what it is.
And you're also ignoring the fact that the leak got the mechanics of Gigantamaxing completely wrong.

Have you heard about how racial stereotypes were used to justify terrible treatment of black people for centuries?

And telling people to remember "words don't hurt me" doesn't really make sense on a forum with rules not to make harmful comments. Words do have an impact on others.

And you're also ignoring the fact that the leak got the mechanics of Gigantamaxing completely wrong.

All we can do is wait.

I do not wish to talk about race and slavery and such, so can we please move back to the topic at hand.

I never go onto 4chan for that very reason you put up.

The big city will probably have something else. Since the theme is ''Strongest Trainers'', they might bring back some old faces within the games.

However, where else would the 8th Gym be, because I highly doubt that they are cutting the number down to 7.
It'll be there, along with the Champion's Cup, and also some Post Game Mechanics. Unless they're going the Gen 6 route with a lack thereoff, which I hope not.

So a friend of mine linked me to a 4chan post yesterday that said might be a good leak... I thought I'd screen it for here for the sake of posterity.
Some of it doesn't seem believable to me tbh.
He mentioned that someone said that regular Ariados was seen in a trailer at some point, which debunks it, but neither of us remembers seeing it off the top of our heads (nor Spinarak for that matter).

Attachments

• idkpkmn.png
    idkpkmn.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom