• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that Ash would travel by himself with Hop, Marnie and Bede having the same sponsor as him.

Well we can say for sure that Ash would probably be going with Gloria or another female character and will be the cook on the journey. Whatever will be remains to be seen

Well we can say for sure that Ash would probably be going with Gloria or another female character and will be the cook on the journey. Whatever will be remains to be seen
I don’t think you can say that for sure... specially for Gloria since she’s not revealed to be an NPC yet.

The writers aren't going to do multiple storylines that intertwine, at least not for any significant length of time. They kinda tried that with the Mega Evolution specials by showing glimpses of Alain's journey before merging his storyline with the main plot of X&Y, but that was minor compared to what y'all seem to have in mind. Focusing on Ash and occasionally his friends one at a time is just easier for the writers than focusing on multiple character arcs from different points of view simultaneously, and if there's one thing that I've learned these past two decades it's that the showrunners will take the easy route 10 times out of 10.
It's just wishful thinking, a pipe dream... but we know that if executed well it could do some really good storytelling.

He's not going to travel by himself. That's literally the last thing that the anime needs because Ash can't maintain a whole saga with himself as the only cast member.

....I've sort of wondered about having two focus characters, with Ash and a newer cast member switching predominate episode focus depeneding on the episode; Said rookie getting a lot of the early episode stuff people mock Ash for (Think 'forgetting how to do X' stuff) instead of Ash, and the two often meeting up for major events like Gyms and Tournies.

Not traveling together, but both being followed.

He's not going to travel by himself. That's literally the last thing that the anime needs because Ash can't maintain a whole saga with himself as the only cast member.

This. It's just not a realistic scenario even if other characters like Marnie, Bede and Hop were to show up often to serve as pseudo-companions (which would be really redundant anyway; if other characters would make recurrent appearances to interact with Ash, then they'd may as well just travel with Ash).

This. It's just not a realistic scenario even if other characters like Marnie, Bede and Hop were to show up often to serve as pseudo-companions (which would be really redundant anyway; if other characters would make recurrent appearances to interact with Ash, then they'd may as well just travel with Ash).
I still stand on what's likely, as it has been in the past 6 Gens before Sun and Moon, the only difference is that it will not be all slice of life, and Ash would be doing the cooking.

Idk, after SM broke the pattern and brought 5 other main characters, with not all of them appearing in every episode, I don't see it impossible for Satoshi to travel on his own. I could see COTDs having bigger roles and maybe joining him for a few episodes? Yeah, no idea how it'd work...

Best scenario is to return to the three people group I guess... But that'd probably mean go back to the same COTD formula.

Idk, after SM broke the pattern and brought 5 other main characters, with not all of them appearing in every episode, I don't see it impossible for Satoshi to travel on his own. I could see COTDs having bigger roles and maybe joining him for a few episodes? Yeah, no idea how it'd work...

Best scenario is to return to the three people group I guess... But that'd probably mean go back to the same COTD formula.
Since the theme will be all about ''The Strongest Trainer'', this series would probably be like a grand finale, a final boss, a League to end all Leagues. A last leg in his journey to become a Pokemon Master.

Since the theme will be all about ''The Strongest Trainer'', this series would probably be like a grand finale, a final boss, a League to end all Leagues. A last leg in his journey to become a Pokemon Master.
Actually the theme was the strongest Pokémon, and no, Ash isn’t becoming a Pokémon master till the anime ends. It’s useless to hope for that and it’s clear that they’re not getting rid of Ash. Ash is a mascot now along with Pikachu, too. They literally trademarked Ash's OS hat.

Actually the theme was the strongest Pokémon, and no, Ash isn’t becoming a Pokémon master till the anime ends. It’s useless to hope for that and it’s clear that they’re not getting rid of Ash. Ash is a mascot now along with Pikachu, too. They literally trademarked Ash's OS hat.
Doesn't mean he can't win leagues and other higher titles.

The term "Pokemon Master" is ambiguous and there are many interpretations of it, as well as paths to achieve that goal. The anime staff member who said that Ash can't win because then the anime'll have to end? Well, he's stupid as hell and should be fired

Well Satoshi does represent the male PC in every saga so I don't see the anime staff using the game male protagonist as a third companion. Although I can see they doing something no one expects, like discarding a 3rd sidekick or, who knows, make Satoshi travel on his own? (As absurd as those sound)

I know, that's why I'm doubtful of that happening. I thought it would be cool if they could use a customized version of the PC so Ash could still represent the default male, but I don't see them doing even that.

I'd personally love for Ash to only travel with one other person, as unlikely as it is. But they did give him a whopping 5 companions in SuMo, so anything is possible.

Doesn't mean he can't win leagues and other higher titles.

The term "Pokemon Master" is ambiguous and there are many interpretations of it, as well as paths to achieve that goal. The anime staff member who said that Ash can't win because then the anime'll have to end? Well, he's stupid as hell and should be fired
Yes, but Champion Cynthia's post which I quoted said that Ash will achieve whatever "Pokemon Master" means in SwSh outright, and not just some stepping stone to it (which could be winning a league, like you said) the odds of that happening are nearly zero.

Ratings could just mean 'hey, this is the last season', even if that is highly unlikely.

Yes, but Champion Cynthia's post which I quoted said that Ash will achieve whatever "Pokemon Master" means in SwSh outright, and not just some stepping stone to it (which could be winning a league, like you said) the odds of that happening are nearly zero.
Well, they could pull a Boruto, have this as Ash's final journey with any seasons in the future picking up with his son/daughter, or some other protagonist. I doubt most new fans are heavily invested in Ash either ways, with most of his supporters being older fans.

Besides, Pikachu is the overall series mascot, not Ash himself.

Why would the declining ratings mean that the Galar series might be the last one? Technically the ratings have been steadily declining since the Kanto series, yet that didn't stop OI, Johto, AG, DP, BW, XY and SuMo from happening. But I'm done talking about ratings because what's-his-name already explained how the ratings work in one of his previous essays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom