• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Does the game not have rate-up banners or something?

They way I see it described the gacha mechanism is just horrible. 5-stars are hard to get which is bound to happen in a gacha (Which is semi-acceptable if the in-game currency is consistently earned.) but 4-stars should never be as hard to get as I see it being mentioned here.
I know. Since Gardenia for example is a 4 star, it shouldn't be that hard. The only exception is others in the 4 star category and also the more easy to get 3 stars.

Does the game not have rate-up banners or something?

They way I see it described the gacha mechanism is just horrible. 5-stars are hard to get which is bound to happen in a gacha (Which is semi-acceptable if the in-game currency is consistently earned.) but 4-stars should never be as hard to get as I see it being mentioned here.
There are currently 18 4-star pairs in the roster, so that overall 20% rate is only reasonable if you don't mind which one you get. Maybe in the future each banner event will contain fewer characters, or at least 4-star ones. That could also be annoying depending on your preference, though.

There are currently 18 4-star pairs in the roster, so that overall 20% rate is only reasonable if you don't mind which one you get. Maybe in the future each banner event will contain fewer characters, or at least 4-star ones. That could also be annoying depending on your preference, though.
Perhaps in either November or next year, they would add the SwSh characters into the game.

Grass - Victor and Grookey (Evolves)
Fire - Gloria and Scorbunny (Evolves)
Water - Hop and Sobble (Evolves)
Grass - Milo and Eldegoss
Water - Nessa and Drednaw
Fighting - Bea and Hitmontop
Dark or Electric - Marnie and Morpeko

And this is just a guess since Red already has Charizard

Steel - Leon and Dureladon

They should take their time because they have plenty of older ones to add first.
I thought they've already plenty. Some characters have Pokemon that some already have. That's why I didn't put in Allister in the list.

Also, I noticed a connection between Pokemon Generations and Gen 7, like how in USUM there is Team Rainbow Rocket with all the past evil team leaders through the past six Gens. I wonder with Pokemon Masters, a similar surprise would occur in SwSh, but with the past characters.
The leak that predicted Alcremie (whipped cream) before it's reveal, said that there would be something called the Battle All-Stars where you can battle the past characters.

I've been following the news for Pokemon Masters on Serebii since the game was first introduced.
So, did it get it correctly that in order to progress in the game you can't help but spend a lot of real money for in-app stuff to get the famous and strong trainers? (gacha system)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm starting to believe the whole game is a rip-off. I don't like the idea of success depending on how much money you're willing to spend. The idea of the main series has always been that you buy the game once and can reach anything in the story just with training.

Well, let's wait and see... But if realize they just want more and more of our money, I won't play it for very long

(I just hope a few developers of the game will stumble across this because I'm convinced lots of fans think alike)

Last edited:
I've been following the news for Pokemon Masters on Serebii since the game was first introduced.
So, did it get it correctly that in order to progress in the game you can't help but spend a lot of real money for in-app stuff to get the famous and strong trainers? (gacha system)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm starting to believe the whole game is a rip-off. I don't like the idea of success depending on how much money you're willing to spend. The idea of the main series has always been that you buy the game once and can reach anything in the story just with training.

Well, let's wait and see... But if realize they just want more and more of our money, I won't play it for very long

(I just hope a few developers of the game will stumble across this because I'm convinced lots of fans think alike)
That's the way most games are going I'm afraid.

There maybe laws against minors gambling, but now it seems like there's a bypass for that in the form of Gacha Games/Loot Boxes/ Micro-transactions etc. The companies do not like to call it gambling, but it is, and their main focus is towards a group called Whales to spend a lot of their hard earned money on these things.

Already, governments all over the world are beginning to take note and have to sooner or later put their foot down, and yet these companies are trying to fight them every step of the way. If they keep this up, then we are more than likely to face a Video Game Crash.

Last edited:
That's the way most games are going I'm afraid.

There maybe laws against minors gambling, but now it seems like there's a bypass for that in the form of Gacha Games/Loot Boxes/ Micro-transactions etc. The companies do not like to call it gambling, but it is, and their main focus is towards a group called Whales to spend a lot of their hard earned money on these things.

Already, governments all over the world are beginning to take not and have to sooner or later put their foot down, and yet these companies are trying to fight them every step of the way. If they keep this up, then we are more than likely to face a Video Game Crash.
Actually I find that quite frustrating. I still remember the good old days when buying a Pokemon game was everything you needed to have lots of fun.

Thank God, Cynthia isn't available as Sync Pair (yet?). To us Cynthia fans she's the most special character that shouldn't be available as an ordinary playable character. And I'm sure she wouldn't support such a system, either

Actually I find that quite frustrating. I still remember the good old days when buying a Pokemon game was everything you needed to have lots of fun.

Thank God, Cynthia isn't available as Sync Pair (yet?). I'm sure she wouldn't support such a system.
She wouldn't even support Game Freak's poor decisions nor the Extreme Fans neither.

And I agree. I miss the old days of expansion packs and rewards via hard work. Now everything seems cheap and lazy. They're better than this.

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if some Trainers and/or some of their partner Pokémon are no longer available for the Sync Pair throughout the updates of Pokémon Masters, the game?

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if some Trainers and/or some of their partner Pokémon are no longer available for the Sync Pair throughout the updates of Pokémon Masters, the game?
They'll still be usable... for the lucky people that got them on time. That's what happens in every single gacha game I have seen, and for a completionist like me, it sucks.

I'm sure they will be rotated in and out every few months.

I've just summoned the one character I really wanted: Kris. It's been almost a month since I started playing, but good things come to those who wait. I have to say that I was just about ready to give up, especially as I still need to grind to level up for the last four chapters.

As you can see below, I have three 4-star pairs and a single 1-star one, excluding Whitney and Rosa who are freebies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190824-111538.png
    Screenshot_20190824-111538.png
    722.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The game is now released (In Australia and Vietnam at least) I assume it either released globally at around the same time, or will be available for countries in an earlier time zone on the 29th.

Do you keep getting 'connection error' pop up messages too?
Yes.

Alright then, already spent almost £100 and what I got were...

Clay, Roxanne, Bugsy, Agatha, Lt. Surge, Wikstorm, Thorton, Janine, Candice, Marshal, Brycan, Brawly, Winona, Tate & Liza, Roark, Siabold, Marley, Wulfric, Noland, Grant, Ramos, Bruno, Roxie, Marion, Kris, Mina and Shauntal... With half the same and powered up.

That's 28 in total, And yet still no Gardenia.

Should I have to pay and extra £200 in order to get the whole 65 Sync Pair set?

For a first Gacha Game I've ever bought, and from what I've experienced for myself, I can safely say that I am already feeling hooked to pay more, and yet I also feel angry and hating these types of games. They swindle you and without a care. I'm not going to spend another penny to these things. At least theirs the daily Sync Scouting.

As for gameplay, it's all over the place, and I know they will improve as time goes on.

Also, I need to know what are the Scout Points? Do they help you pick any Sync Pair you want, or is it no different than Sync Scouting?

Last edited:
I knew we had to start off with Pikachu, however, so far we are yet to have the option of choosing any other Pokémon to be our Pokémon, we can only choose other trainers to be our battle partners. I'd like greater customisation options as well, than just changing eye colour and hair colour (Why are we once again forced to wear a hat?). The game seems okay so far, but probably won't be an app I'll end up playing for very long.

EDIT: I have just noticed that you don't actually have to use your character in battle if you don't want, you can change them out for another person.

Oh, wow. Gems you get through quests/storylines can't be used for getting new character, only the ones you actually buy. That's some top tier garbage, right there!

Back
Top Bottom