• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Golisopod gets its revenge on Torracat so Ash has to use another pokemon after it gets sent back out

2-0 isn't a good battle

Guzma deserves nothing more than a complete sweep by Torracat. He's the type of character that you want to see suffer the most crushing and humiliating defeat possible.

I'll let you know if Guzma ever exhibits that kind of behavior

He's been exhibiting that kind of behavior since his debut. He's a petty thug trying to destroy his old friend/rival's lifelong dream out of spite.

Guzma doesn't hate the league. What he hates is the fact that Kukui made his dream a reality while he's still just a thug.

Wouldn't say Guzma deserves a crushing defeat, but more like it's what he needs to grow as a character. Losing is his biggest fear and it would be a good lesson to face that fear (in front of hundreds of people!) instead of running away every time.

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

The semifinal match between Satoshi and Guzma finally concludes! And we learn the secret behind why Guzma is said to be undefeated?!
There's also the outcome prediction campaign! Today's prize is super extravagant as well! And we also have a major announcement you just can't miss!!

Summary:
The battle between Satoshi and Guzma finally concludes! Which of them is going to continue to the finals and battle Gladio?! Guzma is exploding with rage at Gusokumusha, whose tendency to do as it pleases led to Hassam getting defeated. And is usual, Satoshi is battling fully powered, believing in his Pokémon! Guzma sees Kukui in Satoshi, which just irritates him even more. How will the battle end?! And we're also going to learn the secret behind why Guzma is said to be undefeated?!
We'll also have a major, world exclusive announcement!!

Voice Cast:
Rca Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Risa Shimizu: Joy
Yuji Ueda: Jeekyo
Nobuyuki Hiyama: Hala
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Saki Endo: Plumeri
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

The summary and the voice actor list should be out anytime now, right?

It is now

Torracat's putting in work. It damages Golisopod enough to force a switch and apparently knocks out Scizor for it too; it probably won't defeat Golisopod, but it's done quite a lot on its own. I'm glad to see it battling so tenaciously in a fight that doesn't involve the Masked Royal or a Battle Royale.

Torracat's putting in work. It damages Golisopod enough to force a switch and apparently knocks out Scizor for it too; it probably won't defeat Golisopod, but it's done quite a lot on its own. I'm glad to see it battling so tenaciously in a fight that doesn't involve the Masked Royal or a Battle Royale.
Unlike a certain narcoleptic owl who doesn't even cheer for its friend.

Actually, I think Torracat will defeat Golisipod along with Scizor. A total sweep from Ash. It would be the ultimate and most humiliating defeat for Guzma.

Actually, I think Torracat will defeat Golisipod along with Scizor. A total sweep from Ash. It would be the ultimate and most humiliating defeat for Guzma.
And hopefully learns Flare Blitz or Outrage in the process.

And hopefully learns Flare Blitz or Outrage in the process.
I hope not. It annoys me that pretty much every focus episode Torracat has involves it learning or mastering a new move.
-mastering Ember
-learning Fire Fang
-mastering Fire Fang
-using Breakneck Blitz for the first time
-learning and mastering Flame Charge
-learning Revenge
-learning Fire Blast
-using Inferno Overdrive for the first time

I don’t see why it wouldn’t battle tenaciously just because it’s not Masked Royal, Ash’s Pokemon normally give it 100% no matter the battle. It’s not Rowlett who has little motivation to do much of anything after all.

Voice Cast:
Rca Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Risa Shimizu: Joy
Yuji Ueda: Jeekyo
Nobuyuki Hiyama: Hala
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Saki Endo: Plumeri
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Lack of Gladio's VA is weird.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t battle tenaciously just because it’s not Masked Royal
How many substantial, complete battles has Torracat had that doesn't, again, involve the Masked Royal or a Battle Royale? In the span of the 117 episodes or so it's been with Ash? That wasn't the Lurantis Totem fight?

How many substantial, complete battles has Torracat had that doesn't, again, involve the Masked Royal or a Battle Royale? In the span of the 117 episodes or so it's been with Ash? That wasn't the Lurantis Totem fight?
That has all to do with Ash simply not using it for whatever reason and nothing towards its ethic towards battle. Not that SM really had many battles, much less major battles.

Last edited:
That has all to do with Ash simply not using it for whatever reason and nothing towards its ethic towards battle. Not that SM really had many battles, much less major battles.
Which was exactly my point. It can't show said ethic in battle if it's rarely used. And as it's usually chosen for a specific opponent or event, that's when that ethic can be seen (in a limited fashion). Which ties this altogether in that I'm happy I can see Torracat battling, with that ethic, in a battle that's different from what Ash usually selects it for.

I have a feeling this episode will be the highlight of the league, and likely Ash's best battle in it. I don't have high hopes at all for SM138 since Fujisaku is writing it, and it is likely gonna be Ash's league loss episode, unless by some miracle its a two parter not written by Fujisaku and he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom