• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we will get news only in september
Why would we only get news in September? The games release in November. There's a whole other month inbetween those two. Not to mention that release day is the 15th so there's still room in the first half of November for another last minute trailer to drop.

Even Fairy being a very recent type, it has more combinations than old types like poison and bug. Interesting.
Still amazed that Bug/Dark hasn't happened yet! Seriously Game Freak, how have you not used that yet? XD

I think it's also worth noting that Pokemon games are outsourced anyways.

Sun / Moon:
  • OLM, Inc.
  • Creek & River Co., Ltd.
  • Digital Works Entertainment
  • Planeta Co., Ltd.
  • Rebuild Games, LLC
  • GEMINI BREEZE, LLC

Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon:
  • Rebuild Games LLC
  • TABOT,inc.

Let's Go:
  • WINDS CO., LTD.
  • Polygon Pictures Inc.
  • Silver Ant PPI Sdn. Bhd.
  • RAYLINE STUDIO Inc.
  • Creek & River Co., Ltd.
  • SMILEAXE Co.,Ltd.
  • PlayLinks Inc.
  • Studio-RF
  • TYO Inc.
  • Niantic, Inc.
There's a reddit post that goes into this in great detail
TLDR- The series yearly cycle is weighing on it and TPC needs to restructure its schedule so all parts of the franchise has breathing room.

Last edited:
Why would we only get news in September? The games release in November. There's a whole other month inbetween those two. Not to mention that release day is the 15th so there's still room in the first half of November for another last minute trailer to drop.

Still amazed that Bug/Dark hasn't happened yet! Seriously Game Freak, how have you not used that yet? XD

I mean that we will not get more news in August. Only in September and the following months.

I know we have the Ariados and Galvantula lines already, but a Bug/Dark based on a Black Widow would be sick. Give it an ability like Dhelmise's Steel Worker, but with Poison Attacks, and it would be even sicker!

I think Town looks pretty bad tbh. Everything kind of clashes. The water and people and monsters have that "anime style", but everything else looks like WoW. The proportions feel off too. Not really sold on the gameplay either. Sounds like it's going to be super repetitive with not much to do. I don't really like the small, rural village theme either. There's no evidence of any strong or creative culture; just a generic RPG vibe (King hires heros to defend town). So I completely disagree with the sentiment that Town looks better. It will probably be the first non-Pokemon GameFreak game that I won't buy.

The recent walkthrough of the First town in SwSh was really nice in comparison. Being able to see the mountains and hills in the distance; buildings that can be traveled to; all the different elevations; people waving at you as you pass; people visibly talking to one another in the streets; not to mention the shadows of clouds passing over head; and the trees gently shaking in the wind. I can feel a lot of passion behind it. (seriously the cloud thing makes me super happy). It makes me eager to explore the rest of the region as well. And the big cities look like they might actually be really big this time.

Edit: I thought I remembered someone waving, but rewatching the video; I only noticed people smiling.

Last edited:
SwSh may have bad graphics to some, but to those who are more into gameplay, I see is a a huge improvement compared to X and Y. It doesn't need to be BotW or SMO, it's GF being GF, taking babysteps along the with. Although there had to be sacrifices along the way.

Last edited:
@Esserise thanks for that, and holy banana cakes! That is a loooot more than I thought. I figured they were like 4 max. So chances are we will probably get at least one new pairing? Hopefully.

@geebraprint ooooh. I do remember hearing about this one vaguely. I disregarded it as soon as I read corviknight had two pre-evos. I cannot remember one time they revealed the ending evo first. At least in the same gen. I know they have added pre-evos in later gens, but it just seems foolish to do so.

I guess I get the normal/fire for it...still doubt it. The idea of cute little wooloo going fire is hard to imagine for me....maybe if it was like shaved? All hair burnt off. Poof! Haha makes me smile.

I hear V Jump also seems to be covering Pokemon news now.

Anyway, I was having a dicussion about the starters in another thread, and one thing got me thinking that might help prove Scorbunny won't be fighting. Affleck states that the only thing he remembers bout Scorbunny's final was that it looks like a fighter. But that maybe of certain design details I think maybe on Scorbunny. We all know Scorbunny has little bandages in it's design, and I believe they will only grow more apparent as it evolves, not only that, I feel there might be another detail that gives off that vibe. I once drew an evo of scorbunny, where I had his ears pointed back like straps to a headband. But it did look like the type you see on fighters like Ryu. So, bandages like you see on fighters, and a headband like you see on fighters, but these two elements could also relate to another concept. You see, bandage wrap aren't just used for martial arts, they're also used in other sports as well, even runners. They help prevent damage, or catch sweat. Same goes for a headband, also catches sweat, or even used to tie hair back. So I don't think what Aflleck saw was a fighter, what I think he saw, was Scorbunny becoming an athletic runner. And no, not a soccer player

I hear V Jump also seems to be covering Pokemon news now.

Anyway, I was having a dicussion about the starters in another thread, and one thing got me thinking that might help prove Scorbunny won't be fighting. Affleck states that the only thing he remembers bout Scorbunny's final was that it looks like a fighter. But that maybe of certain design details I think maybe on Scorbunny. We all know Scorbunny has little bandages in it's design, and I believe they will only grow more apparent as it evolves, not only that, I feel there might be another detail that gives off that vibe. I once drew an evo of scorbunny, where I had his ears pointed back like straps to a headband. But it did look like the type you see on fighters like Ryu. So, bandages like you see on fighters, and a headband like you see on fighters, but these two elements could also relate to another concept. You see, bandage wrap aren't just used for martial arts, they're also used in other sports as well, even runners. They help prevent damage, or catch sweat. Same goes for a headband, also catches sweat, or even used to tie hair back. So I don't think what Aflleck saw was a fighter, what I think he saw, was Scorbunny becoming an athletic runner. And no, not a soccer player
I can see Scorbunny being Fire/Electric with this concept.

@Esserise thanks for that, and holy banana cakes! That is a loooot more than I thought. I figured they were like 4 max. So chances are we will probably get at least one new pairing? Hopefully.

That list used to include Poison/Fairy and Electric/Dark, but we've since had those covered with Galarian Weezing and Morpeko. So Gen 8 has given us two new ones so far, at least.

Doyou
I'm pretty sure he meant pure fire but can learn many fighting moves.
Think that Rabbit avi from Summer wars
This. He saw the middle stage and the final evolution. It's very hard to think that he is mistaken something. Scorbunny line will be pure fire with fighting moves. Sobble and Grookey lines are the only ones open to discussion at this point, since the Afflect leaker got everything right so far.

I mean that we will not get more news in August. Only in September and the following months.
Oh... well that's a bit of a given, there's only a week left of August and we just got a video this past week.

That list used to include Poison/Fairy and Electric/Dark, but we've since had those covered with Galarian Weezing and Morpeko. So Gen 8 has given us two new ones so far, at least.
Impidimp is also new with its Dark/Fairy! So we're actually at three new ones already.

Doyou

This. He saw the middle stage and the final evolution. It's very hard to think that he is mistaken something. Scorbunny line will be pure fire with fighting moves. Sobble and Grookey lines are the only ones open to discussion at this point, since the Afflect leaker got everything right so far.
He only said that the middle stage is pure Fire. He never specified the typing of Scorbunny's final evo.

Actually if you read it carefully it does not even say the middle stage just scorbunny.
QUOTE: Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid

Actually if you read it carefully it does not even say the middle stage just scorbunny.
QUOTE: Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid
Raboot will be a Fire Type, whilst the final evolution will resemble a humanoid fighter looking rabbit. However it's typing is unclear, but it may not be Fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom