• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see how the Poffin cooking will work in the remake, probably like the curry for SwSh.

Also, the tweet picture of Masuda standing beside a cathedral in Southern France 2 years ago is likely research for the realistic designing for the Cathedral in Hearthome City.
There was nothing in that Cathedral though.

Well that's justified. It wasn't in the original Sinnoh games.

The Let’s Go games had character customization despite A) Yellow not having it and B) those games being super faithful to the original. I think it’s a possibility that we’ll see customization in DPPt remakes, but we won’t be able to purchase clothes just like in LGPE.

The Let’s Go games had character customization despite A) Yellow not having it and B) those games being super faithful to the original. I think it’s a possibility that we’ll see customization in DPPt remakes, but we won’t be able to purchase clothes just like in LGPE.
Whatever the Gen 4 Remake will be, will probably surprise us all.

ORAS didn't have customisation like XY because it's in the early stages of 3D, but now that the 3D has improved, we can safely say that we could expect a lot more with the Gen 4 Remakes in a Gen 8 engine.

I kind of hope that the remake is top down. I fully admit I'm not a huge fan of Sun and Moon style. The best part of Sun and Moon was the top down town.

I kind of hope that the remake is top down. I fully admit I'm not a huge fan of Sun and Moon style. The best part of Sun and Moon was the top down town.
Oh I dunno, It might be interesting to see Sinnoh as a more expansive Region. Imagine Eterna Forest, Spear Pillar, even the Distortion World with this kind of Gen 8 world.

Oh I dunno, It might be interesting to see Sinnoh as a more expansive Region. Imagine Eterna Forest, Spear Pillar, even the Distortion World with this kind of Gen 8 world.
Hopefully by that time they'll have perfected it.

It also gives them an excuse if it takes a long time because they'd have to completely rebuild parts of Sinnoh.

I was just watching the gameplay for Sword and Shield, when near the end where the player was reaching the stairs, someone pointed out that you can hear the music sounding similar to a section in the Bicycle Theme for Diamond and Pearl.

Either this is a clever easter egg, since this is a similar tune used for the city theme (although it also sounds similar to Eterna City's theme), or this could be a prelude to there being a Gen 4 Remake coming in the not too distant future, possibly next year in 2020.

Last edited:
After having some time to think it over, while I would rather have Megas and/or Z-Moves (as they fit Sinnoh better), I’m coming to accept that it’s more likely that Game Freak will include Dynamax and Gigantamax in Sinnoh. I still don’t think you can just integrate them into the region’s culture and mythology without radically changing the region as a whole though (you can’t convince me that cosmic entities like Dialga and Palkia run on Earth’s “natural energy” like they claim the phenomenon’s source). Because of this, Game Freak might have to take a different approach to explaining how the mechanic got to the Sinnoh region.

And I think that it’s possible for someone to try and artificially create the Dynamax Phenomenon in Sinnoh: Charon from Platinum!

Charon’s role in Pokémon Platinum was pretty small in terms of plot influence compared to Looker (the other character introduced in Platinum), so having him do something with the region’s climate to trigger the Dynamax Phenomenon would make him more relevant to the plot rather than getting the bulk of his character being relegated to the post game.

Not only that, but having an evil team member introduce a mechanic into Sinnoh allows for a contrast to Galar: whereas the people of Galar celebrate Dynamax/Gigantamax, the people of Sinnoh will likely fear and detest it if only due to Team Galactic being the ones to bring it over.

What do you guys think of the idea?

Maybe it could work. After all, Charon was just... there in Platinum. Almost as if he was just there so that Mars and Jupiter had someone else to hate aside from the player, and to explain Rotom's formes (which you can't see without an event). Doesn't help that he even goes down without a fight.

After having some time to think it over, while I would rather have Megas and/or Z-Moves (as they fit Sinnoh better), I’m coming to accept that it’s more likely that Game Freak will include Dynamax and Gigantamax in Sinnoh. I still don’t think you can just integrate them into the region’s culture and mythology without radically changing the region as a whole though (you can’t convince me that cosmic entities like Dialga and Palkia run on Earth’s “natural energy” like they claim the phenomenon’s source). Because of this, Game Freak might have to take a different approach to explaining how the mechanic got to the Sinnoh region.

And I think that it’s possible for someone to try and artificially create the Dynamax Phenomenon in Sinnoh: Charon from Platinum!

Charon’s role in Pokémon Platinum was pretty small in terms of plot influence compared to Looker (the other character introduced in Platinum), so having him do something with the region’s climate to trigger the Dynamax Phenomenon would make him more relevant to the plot rather than getting the bulk of his character being relegated to the post game.

Not only that, but having an evil team member introduce a mechanic into Sinnoh allows for a contrast to Galar: whereas the people of Galar celebrate Dynamax/Gigantamax, the people of Sinnoh will likely fear and detest it if only due to Team Galactic being the ones to bring it over.

What do you guys think of the idea?
The removal of Megas and Z-Moves is due to how broken it is.

* Mega Evolution - This form requires a Mega Ring and Mega Stones to a specific Pokemon that it holds. When a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it stays in that form throughout the entire battle. Only one Pokemon can Mega Evolve in each battle.

* Z-Moves - This requires a Z-Ring and Z-Crystals which a Pokemon holds, so that it could perform a special move. One one Pokemon can use a Z-Crystal in each battle.

With Dynamaxing/Gigantomaxing, it fixes all that by allowing one Pokemon to Dynamax and only lasting 3 moves. The hold item of Pokemon are also free.

One person made a video indicating that Giratina is responsible for Dynamaxing because it is a distortion from the Distortion World, and that one of Arceus's plates did mention Giants that it defeated. So it could be that Dynaxing could play a role in Sinnoh in some shape or form.

But as you said about Megas and Z-Moves, GF have truly messed up big time with this decision. For shame.

I honestly expect a gap year after all the Gen 8 games have been done, much like how it was the case with Gen 6.

I honestly expect a gap year after all the Gen 8 games have been done, much like how it was the case with Gen 6.
That would just be too late, considering the fact that GF has now released Pokemon games in 5 consecutive years and the existence of the Gear Project.

I think GameFreak consider the Let's Go years as gap years. They require minimal effort and cross the boundary between main series and spin off already, to the point where even the creators have given different statements on which category they fall under. I think Let's Go is a replacement for PMD
Hence why they announced the 2019 switch game before LGPE even came out, at the exact same time iirc.

I think GameFreak consider the Let's Go years as gap years. They require minimal effort and cross the boundary between main series and spin off already, to the point where even the creators have given different statements on which category they fall under. I think Let's Go is a replacement for PMD
Hence why they announced the 2019 switch game before LGPE even came out, at the exact same time iirc.
I don't think that GF can handle releasing a Pokemon game every year. Eventually, they'll become stressed out and tired. Also, this is the reason why they created the Gear Project in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom