• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this episode will be the highlight of the league, and likely Ash's best battle in it. I don't have high hopes at all for SM138 since Fujisaku is writing it, and it is likely gonna be Ash's league loss episode, unless by some miracle its a two parter not written by Fujisaku and he wins.
Fujisaku probably has no say in whether or not Ash wins though... and him writing it probably means Ash wins since his episodes are mostly about giving Ash victories thanks to plot armour.

Fujisaku probably has no say in whether or not Ash wins though... and him writing it probably means Ash wins since his episodes are mostly about giving Ash victories thanks to plot armour.

Wouldn't that mean that Ash wins a Pokémon League in over twenty years?

Wouldn't that mean that Ash wins a Pokémon League in over twenty years?
It can. My point was that the outcome of the battle is probably decided irrespective of the writer. And even if we were considering the writer, Fujisaku's style is giving Ash advantages and undeserved wins, not making him defeat.

It can. My point was that the outcome of the battle is probably decided irrespective of the writer. And even if we were considering the writer, Fujisaku's style is giving Ash advantages and undeserved wins, not making him defeat.
We can only hope that someone like Uesada is responsible for the second part in order for at least a part of it to be salvaged.

Lack of Gladio's VA is weird.

I suspect the battle will start in SM138 so Gladion will probably cameo here without speaking

I can't believe she changed her name.

Most likely a spelling mistake as it was a direct copy and paste

And if Torracat manages to beat both Scizor and Golisopod, I'm gonna be so happy. He deserves it after getting shafted for most of the saga.

Would love to see Torracat be the winner of both battles but I think it will only be Scizor with the severe type advantage it has

We can only hope that someone like Uesada is responsible for the second part in order for at least a part of it to be salvaged.
Given that the league has made the battles per round dependent on the minimum amount of Pokemon with the contender having the least amount, I'd say the finals need to be 4v4 (Gladion has 4).

Hence, it makes sense that the finals be a two-parter even more so considering the semis are 1.5 parters. And hopefully Tomioka writes the finals to wrap up the league on a high note, since he's written the past Ash v. Gladion battles (SM047 and SM105).

This episode looks set to be even more exciting, Guzma wasn't too happy with Golisopod causing Scizor to be defeated

Thankfully Team Rocket are absent allowing more battle focus with the animation dream team

(especially since it's Fujisaku at the script).

I'm terrified he'll have Team Rocket attack to stop to the League...:eek:

I wouldn't mind them interrupting the match, but stopping the League because of them?
(Plasma and Flare don't get to stop their leagues, but the TRio do?!)

I'm terrified he'll have Team Rocket attack to stop to the League...:eek:

I wouldn't mind them interrupting the match, but stopping the League because of them?
(Plasma and Flare don't get to stop their leagues, but the TRio do?!)
Even Skull in cahoots with Giovanni would’ve been more suitable than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom