• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode better have a Guzma and Golisopod bonding moment. Guz loses multiple times in the games but never blames his Pokémon, and even the manga version of him took his anger out on himself rather than his Pokémon. Guzma caring about his Pokémon has always been a part of his character.

Unlike a certain narcoleptic owl who doesn't even cheer for its friend.
Unpopular Opinion: Rowlet did nothing wrong. He sleeps. He always has slept and he will continue to. It’s his character. It’s in his Ultra Moon Dex entry: It feels relaxed in tight, dark places and has been known to use its Trainer’s pocket or bag as a nest. Rowlet is a sleeper. Do I think having Rowlet fall asleep during his battle with Hau necessary? No. But I don’t think it’s reason enough to start hating on Rowlet. We know for a fact that Rowlet is a kind and caring Pokémon who loves his friends very much and is always willing to help them. From protecting Litten from a water gun attack, to taking a fury swipes for Meltan, Rowlet has proven that he cares for his fellow Pokémon. I don’t think Rowlet is sleeping because he thinks “screw these guys I don’t care about them”, but rather because that’s what Rowlet does. I can understand disappointment with Fujisaku, but this owl has been getting way too much uncalled for hate.

Unpopular Opinion: Rowlet did nothing wrong. He sleeps. He always has slept and he will continue to. It’s his character. It’s in his Ultra Moon Dex entry: It feels relaxed in tight, dark places and has been known to use its Trainer’s pocket or bag as a nest. Rowlet is a sleeper. Do I think having Rowlet fall asleep during his battle with Hau necessary? No. But I don’t think it’s reason enough to start hating on Rowlet. We know for a fact that Rowlet is a kind and caring Pokémon who loves his friends very much and is always willing to help them. From protecting Litten from a water gun attack, to taking a fury swipes for Meltan, Rowlet has proven that he cares for his fellow Pokémon. I don’t think Rowlet is sleeping because he thinks “screw these guys I don’t care about them”, but rather because that’s what Rowlet does. I can understand disappointment with Fujisaku, but this owl has been getting way too much uncalled for hate.
I respectfully disagree.

Rowlet also fell asleep right after persuading Ash to let it battle Decidueye...
The problem with Rowlet is literally everything it does is sleep and now we gotta somehow believe that it was actually a competent battler all along, which doesn’t make sense.

Rowlet also fell asleep right after persuading Ash to let it battle Decidueye...
The problem with Rowlet is literally everything it does is sleep and now we gotta somehow believe that it was actually a competent battler all along, which doesn’t make sense.

They bought that on themselves. They spent most of Rowlet's screentime treating it as a gag Pokemon, then suddenly expected us to believe it's a good fighter after small, minimal training and battling.
Even the kids this show is made for have limits...

Adding to all of the arguments to the Rowlett dislike above, there was another gag Pokemon in the past namely Gible who went a completely different route.

Guess what though? Gible was serious about his training and he proved to be a damn good battler in the league. Tobias even remarked that had Gible's Draco Meteor had hit Darkrai then the latter would have been in serious trouble. That alone tells you the power it was at. And unlike Rowlett, that power wasn't asspulled in Gible's case.

They bought that on themselves. They spent most of Rowlet's screentime treating it as a gag Pokemon, then suddenly expected us to believe it's a good fighter after small, minimal training and battling.
Even the kids this show is made for have limits...
He was pretty reliable in early SM and later on was actually developing due to Hau and Meltan................but Fujisaku had to Fujisaku

I think it's wrong to blame Fujisucku for Rowlet's lousy gags. I never saw Rowlet as an impressive battler even in early SuMo; at best he was competent when he had to be, but it's not like he was Ash's regional ace to start with. Rockruff/Lycanroc made Rowlet look like a chump and even Pikachu and Litten/Torracat were getting W's on a more consistent basis than Rowlet. Fujisucku made things worse for Rowlet at the league, but the bird was always gonna be meme even without that writer's involvement.

I think it's wrong to blame Fujisucku for Rowlet's lousy gags. I never saw Rowlet as an impressive battler even in early SuMo; at best he was competent when he had to be, but it's not like he was Ash's regional ace to start with. Rockruff/Lycanroc made Rowlet look like a chump and even Pikachu and Litten/Torracat were getting W's on a more consistent basis than Rowlet. Fujisucku made things worse for Rowlet at the league, but the bird was always gonna be meme even without that writer's involvement.
Pikachu and Rockruff/Lycanroc yes, but Rowlet was essential in the first 2 trials and grand trials while litten only participated in 1, they were portrayed as equals during the ultra space fight, then Litten evolved and got slightly more focus from the 2 battle royale episodes, and then he was shafted again and Rowlet gained relevance and seemed to get more inspired (first from Hau, then from Meltan). It's kinda telling that this is Torracat's first complete, non-sparring fight since the second battle royale, over 50 episodes ago

I honestly hope that Ash defeats Guzma and moves on to the Finals! So what if it is an unpopular opinion? Ash would never let the villains triumph! Not if he had anything to say about it!

And besides! There are many more adventures to be had by Ash and crew even after he wins a Pokémon League, as there are for anyone playing a Pokémon game. Get it?

Litten/Torracat were getting W's on a more consistent basis than Rowlet
Litten battled in a Grand Trial alongside Rowlet, literally each one of its other battles is a loss against Masked Royal.

The grand trial is the only time it battled someone not named Masked Royal, so no.

That wasn't a grand trial.
I thought it was called a grand trial somewhere on the forums and didn’t bother to double check, anyway it’s semantics, and I thought the meaning was clear since Torracat has only battled in one trial of the island challenge, so there isn’t much to narrow it down from.
What about the tag fight against viren's cronies?
I genuinely forgot about that since that too, was heavily linked to the Masked Royal. Still it’s pretty ridiculous to argue that Torracat got more wins and focus in this series compared to Rowlet, when literally all development and all battles with exception of one were linked to Masked royal.

Guzma loses but gets a happy ending.:bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove:

So
Guzma takes the Ultra route and has a change of heart after Ash's battle.

Hmmmm... I dunno. I'm gonna feel happy for Guzma regardless but something about the ending is gonna feel rushed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom