• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Not really, you can transfer Pokemon into ORAS...
And if you’re talking about Pokemon Bank, it might seem like an anti consumer move to a small degree, but I feel it’s much more justifiable. Specially since there are virtually no limitations apart from not being able to backward transfer.

The Dexit and Pokemon Home+Bank is a clusterfuck that isn’t even comparable to introduction of Pokemon Bank.

Accepting Dexit will just lead to even more anti consumer moves in the future.
Oh the horror of rosterization. Not like transferring itself is taken out

Well, people can’t transfer their favourites in spite of being probably asked to pay for a second service, and games that cost higher.
A lot has been posted on the subject, and if you’re empathetic enough you’d probably understand if you read all those discussions because I'm not in the mood of writing the same things all over again only to face the same easily destroyed defences.

And true fans want the franchise to grow, and not regress with anti consumer practices and will speak against them.
Totally agreed with your post except for this. I dislike when people try to tell others what constitutes a “true fan.” If people don’t want to speak out against it, they aren’t any less of a fan than you or I.
Idk maybe don’t belittle/mock people for having different preferences than you? The problem is very obviously not with whether or not transferring exists but with the fact that you cannot obtain a ton of Pokémon at all. This means you cannot use them in the context of Sword and Shield with its adventure, setting, competitive battling environment, trading environment, and post game. Being able to do these things in gen 7 games is not a consolation because those are not Sword and Shield. This isn’t complicated.

Totally agreed with your post except for this. I dislike when people try to tell others what constitutes a “true fan.” If people don’t want to speak out against it, they aren’t any less of a fan than you or I.
In hindsight I agree, I was pretty hesitant in writing that myself because that precise thought popped up in my mind that you pointed out but I ended up posting that anyway in the heat of the moment.

Edit, removed the "true fans" point to stay true to my point (heh).

Last edited:
Well, people can’t transfer their favourites in spite of being probably asked to pay for a second service, and games that cost higher.
A lot has been posted on the subject, and if you’re empathetic enough you’d probably understand if you read all those discussions because I'm not in the mood of writing the same things all over again only to face the same easily destroyed defences.
And here's the empathy stchick. This isn't the equivalent of your parents dying, this is about not being able to transfer all, keyphrase, not all into one game. If you expect constant condolences over a game, no matter how special it is to you, this is why some people consider you whiners. Is it fine to have a complaint? Sure. Is it fine to make others think it's a bigger deal than it is? That just makes you seem annoying to others.

Is it fine to have a complaint? Sure. Is it fine to make others think it's a bigger deal than it is? That just makes you seem annoying to others.
Can you quantify how big a deal is it for people? For you it isn’t a big deal, for someone else it might be a huge deal. You can’t impose your standards on what constitutes a big deal on others.

And empathy isn’t limited to situations like one's parents dying. It’s a general quality visible in everyday life’s. It’s literally putting yourself in others' shoes and see how a situation affects someone. It extends to basic daily life situations to, well, "your parents dying." Seeing how something might affect someone even if it isn’t your point of view isn’t "whining". (I guarantee you the world will be a much better place with more empathy)

I personally feel this practice is, after LGPE, a continuation of "less content for more money", and will just lend way to many more restrictions in future generations. Remember the only way to get Mew on a Switch is to spend $50? I've liked this franchise ever since I was five and I want to see it progress, and I'll call them out on decisions which are not good for what the franchise stands for.

You’re quite literally free to ignore posts that go against your point of view, but just pretending that it’s an issue that makes us "whiners" for speaking against is uncalled for, and quite rude honestly. You may be less affected, but people are affected to different degrees and for some it’s a matter of principle and setting precedent.
Some believe that letting this slide will just let GameFreak know that consumers are just satisfied with what they get and make no attempt to fix the situation.

Can you quantify how big a deal is it for people? For you it isn’t a big deal, for someone else it might be a huge deal. You can’t impose your standards on what constitutes a big deal on others.

And empathy isn’t limited to situations like one's parents dying. It’s a general quality visible in everyday life’s. It’s literally putting yourself in others' shoes and see how a situation affects someone. It extends to basic daily life situations to, well, "your parents dying." Seeing how something might affect someone even if it isn’t your point of view isn’t "whining". (I guarantee you the world will be a much better place with more empathy)

I personally feel this practice is, after LGPE, a continuation of "less content for more money", and will just lend way to many more restrictions in future generations. Remember the only way to get Mew on a Switch is to spend $50? I've liked this franchise ever since I was five and I want to see it progress, and I'll call them out on decisions which are not good for what the franchise stands for.

You’re quite literally free to ignore posts that go against your point of view, but just pretending that it’s an issue that makes us "whiners" for speaking against is uncalled for, and quite rude honestly. You may be less affected, but people are affected to different degrees and for some it’s a matter of principle and setting precedent.
Some believe that letting this slide will just let GameFreak know that consumers are just satisfied with what they get and make no attempt to fix the situation.
If I remember correctly mew wasn't even available in the original games without a hack/glitch. And with the him as a reward for buying the pokeball controller, it's just a reward. Heck you even need to by a pokeball controller for Swsh, cause if Mew is in the DeX, then he's transferable. If you seriously want to complain about a purchase of an optional side game, this weakens your case of your so called disappointment in their decisions. And read up a bit more before you type, cause I said you saying your complaints isn't the issue, it's making it a bigger deal then it is.

If I remember correctly mew wasn't even available in the original games without a hack/glitch.
Literally 20 years ago. There have been many free events since then and it went back to being behind a paywall.
And with the him as a reward for buying the pokeball controller, it's just a reward. Heck you even need to by a pokeball controller for Swsh, cause if Mew is in the DeX, then he's transferable.
Talking in the context of LGPE, if you want a Mew, you'll have to buy a Pokeball plus. And they blocked Mew transfer in that game.
And read up a bit more before you type, cause I said you saying your complaints isn't the issue, it's making it a bigger deal then it is.
And if you read my post I clarified that you can quantify how big a deal it is for different people. You couldn’t care less and some people care a lot. Neither set of feelings are invalid.

And if you read my post I clarified that you can quantify how big a deal it is for different people. You couldn’t care less and some people care a lot. Neither set of feelings are invalid.
Then why are you acting like mine is cause it doesn't comply to you "Don't encourage Gamfreak" mentality?

Then why are you acting like mine is cause it doesn't comply to you "Don't encourage Gamfreak" mentality?
I never said yours were invalid. You literally began that discussion with
Which feels more like a jab at people who think it’s a big deal, which prompted my further responses. Never have I declared your attitude invalid, whereas yoh seem to be giving an impression of "it’s not a big deal in the end and people will call you whiners if you continue" here;
this is why some people consider you whiners. Is it fine to have a complaint? Sure. Is it fine to make others think it's a bigger deal than it is? That just makes you seem annoying to others.

That's why I explained why "big deal" is subjective.

Last edited:
I never said yours were invalid. You literally began that discussion with

Which feels more like a jab at people who think it’s a big deal, which prompted my further responses. Never have I declared your attitude invalid, whereas yoh seem to be giving an impression of "it’s not a big deal in the end and people will call you whiners if you continue" here;

That's why I explained why "big deal" is subjective.
Which you claim I was undermining your concern, the proceed to undermine mine by saying I lack empathy

I do think that we should kinda wait to see what the playable content of Home will be. We may be surprised.... hopefully?

Which you claim I was undermining your concern, the proceed to undermine mine by saying I lack empathy
I never said you lack empathy, I just said that by this time and many arguments you’d have probably understood why people feel the way they do, and I didn’t need to repeat that. There've been enough debates for someone to understand both sides of the coin on this thread alone.

I never said you lack empathy, I just said that by this time and many arguments you’d have probably understood why people feel the way they do, and I didn’t need to repeat that. There've been enough debates for someone to understand both sides of the coin on this thread alone.
I understood each side from the jump, it's why I know people can easily get over it or adjust, but people treat it like Gamefreak's the new EA

I understood each side from the jump, it's why I know people can easily get over it or adjust, but people treat it like Gamefreak's the new EA

Well, the fact, is some people will not "easily" get over seeing their favourite franchise go in a direction they dislike. You’re just assuming by default everyone will just accept things as it is, and then say it’s not going to be a big deal: this is trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy. People are speaking out because they don’t want GameFreak to become a new EA. Should everything be excused till GameFreak literally introduces micro transactions?

The entire controversy is proof that people are not willing to get over it and adjust. You’re telling people to get over it and adjust, it’s not something they’re willing to do on their own. They’re speaking out.

Well, the fact, is some people will not "easily" get over seeing their favourite franchise go in a direction they dislike. You’re just assuming by default everyone will just accept things as it is, and then say it’s not going to be a big deal: this is trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy. People are speaking out because they don’t want GameFreak to become a new EA. Should everything be excused till GameFreak literally introduces micro transactions?

The entire controversy is proof that people are not willing to get over it and adjust. You’re telling people to get over it and adjust, it’s not something they’re willing to do on their own. They’re speaking out.
They can and will adjust, that's how it always works. This whole controversy is nothing more than a criticism turned tantrum, that'll only subside in time, it's already dying down to a vocal minority.

And here's the empathy stchick. This isn't the equivalent of your parents dying, this is about not being able to transfer all, keyphrase, not all into one game.
Saying "I would like you to respect my opinion" is not saying "please treat this as a tragedy", it's literally just asking for basic decency. That's not a "shtick".
If you expect constant condolences over a game, no matter how special it is to you, this is why some people consider you whiners.
Constant condolences? People are defending why they're upset about this to you, who's repeatedly telling people to just play older games, or that it's not a big deal. Nobody wants condolences from you-they're asking you to respect their opinion, and acknowledge why it's not the same to have Pokemon in older games.
Heck you even need to by a pokeball controller for Swsh, cause if Mew is in the DeX, then he's transferable.
That sure wasn't how things worked in LGPE...

the proceed to undermine mine by saying I lack empathy
When you use phrases like this:
This whole controversy is nothing more than a criticism turned tantrum,
This isn't the equivalent of your parents dying, this is about not being able to transfer all, keyphrase, not all into one game. If you expect constant condolences over a game, no matter how special it is to you, this is why some people consider you whiners.
That just makes you seem annoying to others.
It sure doesn't look like you're having empathy towards others...
it's already dying down to a vocal minority.
Just because people aren't talking about it doesn't mean they've decided to purchase the games again.

After giving it some more thought, I realized why I’m actually against Dexit. It’s not about rotating rosters for me, but rather the fact that Game Freak’s refusal to patch in stuff in addition to the new policy means that each pair of games can only communicate with those pair of games. We’ll never get to see SwSh communicate with the potential DPPt remakes because the regional Pokédex of Galar and Sinnoh won’t have a lot of overlap; every region and pair of games will be separated from one another even in the same generation.

Ever since Gen 6, we’ve been getting less and less compatibility between games of the same generation due to Game Freak not wanting to patch the games. With Dexit and a refusal to patch the games, we’re at the point where compatibility between games are virtually non-existent!

Home really needs to have something more than trading at this point, as this thread and many arguments made in regards to the subject is proof enough that Dexit has only served to divide the fanbase.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom