• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP26: Aiming for the Top Floor!

You can hear an electric guitar version of "The Challenge of Life" which is this season's intro theme
I heard it, but I didn't even notice the first 2 times. Honestly this just makes me want more Guitar music period. So, more things like these Mr. Goldfarb?

I just saw the episode and noticed a couple more dub edits:

1) The shuriken that cut off a part of Kiawe's hair now just swoops by over his head without cutting his hair.

2) The bit of Rotom getting hit by one of Lillie's stray shuriken is cut out.

3) They painted the swinging ball at the obstacle course pink as well and added sound effects to make it seem like it's made out of rubber.

Last edited:
I just saw the episode and noticed a couple more dub edits:

1) The shuriken that cut off a part of Kiawe's hair now just swoops by over his head without cutting his hair.

2) The bit of Rotom getting hit by one of Lillie's stray shuriken is cut out.

3) They painted the swinging ball at the obstacle course pink as well and added sound effects to make it seem like it's made out of rubber.

Blimey, good spots, something I didn't actually notice

God, can you imagine if Naruto had to be edited to these same standards?
I remember when I was like 6, Naruto was on Cartoon Network, I'm sure they edited it

Amyway, I hate how dub review threads/my tweets get more traction when something is changed or edited. The dub is produced very well, and deserves more respect. I really wish more dub episodes could be focused on in a positive light.

Last edited:
I remember when I was like 6, Naruto was on Cartoon Network, I'm sure they edited it

I never said it wasn't edited. However, the characters in that show were still able to carry sharp weapons without the censors freaking out and baby-proofing everything. If Naruto had to be edited to the standards we see in this episode of Pokemon it probably would have turned it into an unwatchable mess.

Amyway, I hate how dub review threads/my tweets get more traction when something is changed or edited. The dub is produced very well, and deserves more respect. I really wish more dub episodes could be focused on in a positive light.

The episode's contents are discussed when they debut in Japan. By the time the English dub comes out all that's really left to talk about are whatever changes - be they with the voices, or the music, or the script rewrites, or the censorship - were made when the episode crossed the Pacific. It's natural for people to want to discuss those types of things whenever they show up.

Last edited:
Why is TPCi pulling a One Piece dub after 13 years of owning the series? I'm afraid for upcoming episodes that involve adventure, mechas and other stuff that the series has handled for 22 years.

As the future involves an episode with brutality and another one with cutting.

I agree. TPCI made less changes when they were dubbing BF, DP, BW, and X and Y. So I don't understand why start censoring things more in the SM series even though most of their edits are completely pointless.

I agree. TPCI made less changes when they were dubbing BF, DP, BW, and X and Y. So I don't understand why start censoring things more in the SM series even though most of their edits are completely pointless.

I agree, the edits were quite wierd and seemed most out of place

And TPCI's edit list continues to grow... :mad:
Hell, even 4Kids never(?) made edits for shurikens.

Though I suppose we should be grateful they're now admitting death exists. :unsure:

Now I have to wonder how'll handle that nasty business with Primarina vs. Golisipod...:confused:

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom