• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Just managed to start it up. I'll give thoughts on the game later but it's somehow managing to hold up on my phone despite framerate issues (probably due to my storage or something).

Oh, wow. Gems you get through quests/storylines can't be used for getting new character, only the ones you actually buy. That's some top tier garbage, right there!
Where did you get that idea? I haven't paid a cent and have scouted 12 trainers via gems. That's the only use gems have...

I'm not going to spend another penny to these things. At least theirs the daily Sync Scouting.
You get gems/items every day, at least for a while. That isn't quite the same thing as a daily scouting, but it will help you get there.

I don't know why you feel "swindled". You chose to spend all that money, but the game doesn't force you to do so.

Last edited:
I'm going to start playing the game today, too. Guys, do me a favor: If I should ever start thinking about spendng real money, STOP me! :LOL:
I won't support such a system. For me that has nothing to do with the original idea of Pokemon

Where did you get that idea? I haven't paid a cent and have scouted 12 trainers via gems. That's the only use gems have...

You get gems/items every day, at least for a while. That isn't quite the same thing as a daily scouting, but it will help you get there.

I don't know why you feel "swindled". You chose to spend all that money, but the game doesn't force you to do so.
At least now I do not meet to spend too much any more. Also, got Brandon and Treeko

I'm going to start playing the game today, too. Guys, do me a favor: If I should ever start thinking about spendng real money, STOP me! :LOL:
I won't support such a system. For me that has nothing to do with the original idea of Pokemon

Believe me, you’ll get hooked. Had already spent £120 just to get Gardenia, and now I have.

Believe me, you’ll get hooked. Had already spent £120 just to get Gardenia, and now I have.
As long as Cynthia is will not be available, I don't need any particular character. She's my only heroine
I was told by a colleague that you could complete the game even without spending real money. Is that correct?

I'm personally waiting for Volkner and Sidney, Norman's already in (and with GOOD writing!) but I'm holding off until those two are avaliable.

As long as Cynthia is will not be available, I don't need any particular character. She's my only heroine
I was told by a colleague that you could complete the game even without spending real money. Is that correct?
Partially true, it depends of how well you play.

For next year's update, I don't see why they shouldn't add in the Galar characters in the game.

There's only three characters I'm kind of interested in out of the current roster: a 4 star and two 3 stars. Two are the same type. Don't really feel motivated to download the game just for that, so I might wait until more characters are added to the game.

Out of curiosity, how grindy is this game? I've heard that evolution requirements were increased at launch or something?

There were evolution requirements to begin with, and they're pretty tame (I would think that Serebii would have updated the page). In my experience, the game does require grinding to keep up with the bosses, though.

Masters isn't showing up in the App Store for me.
Your phone is probably incompatible, unfortunately. Is it 64-bit?

I don't see Pokemon Masters in Google Play Store, either. My phone is fully updated.

I am going to be disappointed if this turns out to be "well, you can't play it unless you get a new phone."

There were evolution requirements to begin with, and they're pretty tame (I would think that Serebii would have updated the page). In my experience, the game does require grinding to keep up with the bosses, though.

I see, that's good. I don't know what I was hearing about, then.

Oh, I goofed. I was trying to use the daily discount one that's only 100 gems. That one's only paid gems, the other two work. My bad...

I've been following the news for Pokemon Masters on Serebii since the game was first introduced.
So, did it get it correctly that in order to progress in the game you can't help but spend a lot of real money for in-app stuff to get the famous and strong trainers? (gacha system)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm starting to believe the whole game is a rip-off. I don't like the idea of success depending on how much money you're willing to spend. The idea of the main series has always been that you buy the game once and can reach anything in the story just with training.

Well, let's wait and see... But if realize they just want more and more of our money, I won't play it for very long

(I just hope a few developers of the game will stumble across this because I'm convinced lots of fans think alike)
You can beat it without spending a dime

It just takes longer

Already spent £172.93 for the entire thing, and I'm not planning of spending anymore.

It's only when I spent £149.94 that I was able to get Gardenia.

Let this be a warning to anyone who seeks of finding their favorite character via microtransactions.

From Gardenia's Sync Story, she tells the player about how in different Regions many Pokemon change their shape, with Alolan Exeggutor given as an example. She then began to ponder of what her Roserade will look like in a different form, either soft and cuddly, or impressively hard in steel. However she's nervous of the topic of what if her Roserade becomes a ghost type like the many Grass/Ghost Types thus far. But reguardless, she would still love her Roserade.

Her secret is that she came to Pasio in order to confront her fears, for she describes herself of being a coward, but is thankful to see the trainer being someone who could show her how to be brave.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom