• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gen. VIII Pokedex features

Leaf_Ranger

For Nature & Creatures
Reaction score
Which features would you like for the new Dex to have? I feel the Dex has been the same without any major chances that can help us, namely when training Pokémon.

I think that HG/SS's dex was the most touch and access friendly, so I'd like a return to that way of presentation. I also would like for the Dex to have:
  • a list of natures with associated stats;
  • species' general stats;
  • held itens that a certain Pkmn can have;
  • full list of attacks with levels;
  • level of evolution when applicable;
  • egg groups;
  • possibility to customise the list, namely by types, but with multiple options at the same time, for example, ordered by type, then by region and then by weight.
  • bring back appearence customisation.

I'd prefer nature to be on the summary screen instead of the Pokedex. (with arrows specifically clarifying which is boosted) Maybe a "trainer's manual" that explains how things work (stats, nature, etc), but since the PokeDex is for details on a species, having it explain general info feels a little odd.

I could see a "breeding page" for the dex that also listed steps to hatch, egg moves, and gender ratio.

Level of evolution does sound worthwhile, but I also like the surprise of some evolution methods, like Inkay's. Maybe there could be a hint for evolution if the player hasn't obtained the evolved form yet?

I'd prefer nature to be on the summary screen instead of the Pokedex. (with arrows specifically clarifying which is boosted) Maybe a "trainer's manual" that explains how things work (stats, nature, etc), but since the PokeDex is for details on a species, having it explain general info feels a little odd.

I could see a "breeding page" for the dex that also listed steps to hatch, egg moves, and gender ratio.

Level of evolution does sound worthwhile, but I also like the surprise of some evolution methods, like Inkay's. Maybe there could be a hint for evolution if the player hasn't obtained the evolved form yet?

I thought of a list of natures on the Dex, because sometimes I have to search my boxed Pkmn to know which nature has the increased and lowered stats that I want or check the internet, so a list would allow anyone to know which natures are which, independtly of having that highlighted in a certain Pkmn summary screen in the party.

As for the level of evolution, that's the reason why I didn't mentioned the method, because that would take the surprise. While the level might also do that but to a far lesser extent and allow you to better decide, helped by the list of moves and levels of learning them, when to evolve a Pkmn.

I thought of a list of natures on the Dex, because sometimes I have to search my boxed Pkmn to know which nature has the increased and lowered stats that I want or check the internet, so a list would allow anyone to know which natures are which, independtly of having that highlighted in a certain Pkmn summary screen in the party.

As for the level of evolution, that's the reason why I didn't mentioned the method, because that would take the surprise. While the level might also do that but to a far lesser extent and allow you to better decide, helped by the list of moves and levels of learning them, when to evolve a Pkmn.
I didn't say it wouldn't be useful, I just said it wouldn't make sense for the Pokedex, because it's not really about a species. There's not much reason to need to know nature names, though, besides Madame Celadon, because you can't manipulate them, so you would be checking a Pokemon's summary anyways.

I think it'd be useful if the Pokédex could list all members of a particular species that you own, and you can view their summary screen. You could sort these Pokemon by nature, level, gender, nickname, IVS, items, etc. It would also be neat if the Pokédex listed the amount of a particular species you currently have, and the amount you've had in your possession overall.

Another thing I'd like to see is the 'dex show the method of evolution for a specific Pokémon after you've obtained it through evolution. Obtaining an evolved Pokémon through trade, for example, would not result in the 'dex recording the evolution method unless it is a trade evolution. Your character has to "witness" the process.

Lastly, being able to write your own notes for every Pokémon, and their alternate form(s) if applicable, would be pretty cool. You could exchange your notes with other players, and could view them below the species's Pokédex entry.

I didn't say it wouldn't be useful, I just said it wouldn't make sense for the Pokedex, because it's not really about a species. There's not much reason to need to know nature names, though, besides Madame Celadon, because you can't manipulate them, so you would be checking a Pokemon's summary anyways.
I also didn't say that you said it wasn't useful! :)
I think that it makes sense in the Dex since it's about the Pkmn as a whole.

I'd definitely like them to include information such as movesets, abilities, evolution methods, egg groups, etc. in the Pokedex, it would make it infinitely more useful.

Sadly, I don't see it happening. If Game Freak can't even put all of the Pokemon in the game, what makes you think they can put all of this in?

I'd definitely like them to include information such as movesets, abilities, evolution methods, egg groups, etc. in the Pokedex, it would make it infinitely more useful.

Sadly, I don't see it happening. If Game Freak can't even put all of the Pokemon in the game, what makes you think they can put all of this in?
There's always hope that they put more features that are not just curry related. :wynaut:

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom