• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, this is supposed to be more focused on Sword and Shield. I'm just concerned that they will not give Galar the love it needs.

Inever want to get gross, but when seeing all that is happening, I somehow see SwSh being an aborted child over the selfish pursuits of the world.

Master is too recent to have had any impact on the anime.
It was in production since 2016 according to one leak which was revealed before Master's was revealed in May. So they would have time to plan this series out in the background.

And yet, this is supposed to be more focused on Sword and Shield. I'm just concerned that they will not give Galar the love it needs.

Inever want to get gross, but when seeing all that is happening, I somehow see SwSh being an aborted child over the selfish pursuits of the world.
I'm also concerned about how Galar will be treated, because it would have to share spotlight will all the other seven regions.

That has even gotten me concerned that the main series would add gacha elements in the future.
Like clothings, legendary Pokemon, Regions, Items... Oh please make this cheap and lazy fad stop already! Hardly anyone has that kind of money to spend! It's downright cruel and is getting on every moral person's nerves!

Like clothings, legendary Pokemon, Regions, Items... Oh please make this cheap and lazy fad stop already! Hardly anyone has that kind of money to spend! It's downright cruel and is getting on every moral person's nerves!
And in fact, some countries are taking legal action against this kind of game.

So, instead of a Sword and Shield specifically focused anime, the new series will focus on all regions. Well...at least they told us something. Unfortunately, that one thing now brings more questions than answers.

1. So, how's this gonna work? How can one series properly focus on 8 different regions? Will each group of 8 episodes in a row focus on a different region and then simply go through that pattern for the entire series? Will most episodes focus on Galar, with every, say, 10th episode focusing on a different region? Just how will this be executed?

2. What about Ash? Is he still going to be the main protagonist? Are we going to have a different main character for each region, like perhaps the games' PCs? Because if that's the case, this would be a fabulous chance the let the female PCs act as main characters for once. If Ash is still there, will he be seen in all of the regions, or only Galar? Or heck, only Kanto? And are we still going to have travel companions?

As of right now, I can see one way this could be really good, and that is that we could possibly have less fillers. If they're going to go through the main stories for 8 different regions all in 1 series, adding extra filler would be a major hindrance. It's more acceptable when you're only looking at one story in one region, but 8 different stories plus filler for each one would be a nightmare. As such, I could see them focusing more on plot specific elements, over random filler trash.

Overall, I think we all have 100 different questions, but sadly, it'll take a month to get any answers. I hope we can get a few teases and tidbits as the weeks go by, before the official announcement on the 29th.

And in fact, some countries are taking legal action against this kind of game.
This is what happens when these companies don't control themselves. eventually the governments in some countries, the UK, US and many in the EU and Japan are beginning to crack down on them, and yet they're trying to fight tooth and nail every step of the way. Saying to them that it isn't gambling, when it is, and it's illegal for children to gamble. Pokemon Masters says that it's 3+, and yet it's gambling. So much for banning Gambling in LGPE.

If Ash does leave however, I do expect him to become suddenly a lot more liked. Sort of think how Bleach was looked at pre and post 'the anime is over'.

If Ash does leave however, I do expect him to become suddenly a lot more liked. Sort of think how Bleach was looked at pre and post 'the anime is over'.
Or even George Lucas, reguardless to his editings and Prequel Trilogy. Now fans are begging for him back after what Disney is doing to the whole Star Wars franchise.

Or even George Lucas, reguardless to his editings and Prequel Trilogy. Now fans are begging for him back after what Disney is doing to the whole Star Wars franchise.

....Or at least what fans think they are doing. The old E.U had similar issues to the new one, just that in the old one they couldn't kill the Orig Trio until 100+ years after canon.

At this point, I've given up.
But unlike Pokemon Go, Pokemon Masters is a Gacha Game. where it's based on something similar to gambling. It's illegal for children to gamble, but now they've found a way around it. Now the governments are trying to crack down on it, with the gaming companies trying to foil it every step of the way. If they keep this up, then we will end up seeing a worldwide video game crash.
This is what happens when these companies don't control themselves. eventually the governments in some countries, the UK, US and many in the EU and Japan are beginning to crack down on them, and yet they're trying to fight tooth and nail every step of the way. Saying to them that it isn't gambling, when it is, and it's illegal for children to gamble. Pokemon Masters says that it's 3+, and yet it's gambling. So much for banning Gambling in LGPE.

RAINBOW HEALING!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see where this reboot thing is coming from. This sounds more like a nostalgia based new show that showcase past regions and characters. Even the name is a callback to the original series. All this PM talk is silly.
I don't get it
I don't get you most of time, too.

Famitsu article on the new series (translation credit goes to Dephender)
Thus far, the series has changed its title every time a new video game has been released, but the new series title is going to be the same one it had when it debuted in 1997, "Pocket Monsters".

As this title indicates, while the story will of course be set in the Galar region, the setting of the new "Pocket Monsters" video games "Pocket Monsters Sword/Shield", it will also take place in all the other regions that have appeared in video games so far, including the Kanto region from "Pocket Monsters Red/Green" and the Jouto region from "Pocket Monsters Gold/Silver", and will feature the various Pokémon that live in these regions.

A teaser showing the Pokémon that represents these regions was revealed today as well. It can be seen on the official "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon" TV Tokyo AniTV website, the official Pokémon Youtube channel, and more!

The "Pocket Monsters" anime made in the Reiwa era is going to be one that can be enjoyed by all generations.

Further details will be revealed during the "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon" episode that airs on the TV Tokyo Network Sunday September 29th at 6pm! Stay tuned!!

I think the show will go from episode to episode with a group of characters travelling around a region.

One group travelling round Kanto - One group travelling round Johto - One group travelling round Hoenn etc

The "Pocket Monsters" anime made in the Reiwa era is going to be one that can be enjoyed by all generations.
Interesting point. Could this be a reason?

Famitsu article on the new series (translation credit goes to Dephender)
So it seem like this is all part of Japanese culture to why they're doing this. Since this is a new era since the last Emperor of Japan abdicated months ago, everything has to be made fresh and new to coincide it all. Now it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if the ShSw saga focusing on multiple regions all at once is a good thing. On one hand, at least it seems like we'll see Ash traveling around Galar so the main point of Gen 8 promotion will still stand, but I don't like the idea of the writing staff juggling multiple storylines in different regions all in one saga. It feels like a disaster waiting to happen imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom